People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

Necrosia

I am fed up with it too. I was playing hurt all last night and got the stupid plague which caused me to. Become stunned just as I was about to force push the huttball carrier away from the goal. Bioware needs to remove this idiotic plague permanently. It is annoying, frustrating, expensive, and quite frankly lame. Why would any company impose such a thing on their customers?

The plague doesnt stun on you in WZs, but i agree im over this plague crap.

Edited by Hawaiianlion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol I bet you are one of those peeps who think our toons should goto the bathroom and eat each day amirite? Your level of immersion in this game is different to others, if you want to travel around planets being lolinfected all the time be my guest. I didn't pay for this game to spend it dealing with the stupid things like this.
No, "urnotrite."

If this demonstrates the intellectual level of individuals that want content removed entirely, I can safely say SWTOR has nothing to worry about. Bioware has professionals on their staff that specialize in writing and understanding coded languages, and I doubt even they'd be able to decipher this nonsense.

You actually did pay for this game "to spend it dealing with the stupid things like this." Read those agreements you accepted so readily without taking the time to find out what they contained. There's some text in there that essentially means you are agreeing to access an online environment that can and will change, sometimes unexpectedly and without your consent. The Plague event, and the plague itself remaining after the event, are examples of this particular type of change; you are indeed paying to experience them.

If some folks try and keep the plague going on their toons, fine, find others that want the same and you can meet someplace where you can infect one another to your heart's content.

If you go and stand at the GTN moments before you explode, then rez and run off, you will get reported if it happens to be near me.

You have your fun, leave me out of it, it should be my choice to experience the infection, not yours.

If some folks try and keep the plague going on their toons, fine, find others that want the same and you can meet someplace where you can infect one another to your heart's content.

If you go and stand at the GTN moments before you explode, then rez and run off, you will get reported if it happens to be near me.

You have your fun, leave me out of it, it should be my choice to experience the infection, not yours.

You chose it buy logging a character in and taking it to an area where another player may be near you when they pop. That is the nature of the game you are paying for.

People are speculating that the Jawa vendor will come back at some point to cater to the people who never traded their DNA in. Which it probably will, once the remaining infections that are out there die out (sooner or later they will without a source of new ones like the Rakghoul.)

i guess deleting your dna from your inventory is hard.if people cant figure that out,what makes you think they'll figure out how to trade in there dna at some vendor

Edited by CrunkShizzle

There's nothing to report. It's part of the game environment and an established mechanic. It's perfectly perceptible under the game's policies to act as you describe.

It's what I'm doing, reporting every player with the plague that is griefing by hanging around the GTN, Mailboxes, etc just trying to grief other players.

Eventually Bioware will end this stupid event if enough reports come in.

Cmon Bioware, what were you thinking with this idiocy? It's not like it's even original, World of Warcraft did it years ago and doesn't do it anymore because it ticks off as many if not more players than enjoy it.

With player numbers declining, you should have come up with some event that was fun, not one that was driving players away til this idiocy is over.

No, "urnotrite."

If this demonstrates the intellectual level of individuals that want content removed entirely, I can safely say SWTOR has nothing to worry about. Bioware has professionals on their staff that specialize in writing and understanding coded languages, and I doubt even they'd be able to decipher this nonsense.

You actually did pay for this game "to spend it dealing with the stupid things like this." Read those agreements you accepted so readily without taking the time to find out what they contained. There's some text in there that essentially means you are agreeing to access an online environment that can and will change, sometimes unexpectedly and without your consent. The Plague event, and the plague itself remaining after the event, are examples of this particular type of change; you are indeed paying to experience them.

You are correct. But it also means such designed events can effect some who may not resub because of said change. No smart company will blantly design content with changes without first considering the impact it can have on the player base. Doing so nowdays with so many more choices available is a path to self destruction.

The event could have been designed better...to the extend there would have been less negative impact on some and those who wanted to get involved in it could too. Why tick off some of your player base when it could have easily been prevented with smart thinking beforehand?

Edited by Valkirus

You are correct. But it also means such designed events can effect some who may not resub because of said change. No smart company will blantly design content with changes without first considering the impact it can have on the player base. Doing so nowdays with so many more choices available is a path to self destruction.
Oh I agree completely. Any change in a title is going to incite some response from the player community, and most will result in some loss of accounts. The developers just have to decide what actions will maximize gains while minimizing these losses. In general I think they did a good job in regard to the event.

The event could have been designed better...to the extend there would have been less negative impact on some and those who wanted to get involved in it could too. Why tick off some of your player base when it could have easily been prevented with smart thinking beforehand?

Are you for real?

ANYTHING new and fresh, thus remotely FUN, can and WILL be played and it WILL bring a crowd. Surely beats the crap out of the same old content at the 100th alt on the same side, or sitting twiddling your thumbs on Fleet, or running "insert FP name" for the 1000000th time.

Sure, then there are the forever unhappy "on trails" players, that are never happy, regardless. Well... they`ll get over it.. eventually.

Edited by Styxx

Are you for real?

ANYTHING new and fresh, thus remotely FUN, can and WILL be played and it WILL bring a crowd. Surely beats the crap out of the same old content at the 100th alt on the same side, or sitting twiddling your thumbs on Fleet, or running "insert FP name" for the 1000000th time.

Sure, then there are the forever unhappy "on trails" players, that are never happy, regardless. Well... they`ll get over it.. eventually.

Well...it appears you was very bored before this event. Now what are you doing that the event is over? You do know these type of events have very marginal impact on players staying for the long haul? While if it is designed poorly, it can have a negative lasting impact on some if they will stay.

No, "urnotrite."

Where in my post did I say I want the content removed? You wish to participate go right ahead, I don't.

As for 'you agree to the terms and conditions bla bla bla' lol, clutching at straws there my friend. Has nothing to do with that and has all to do with what I as the paying customer wish to do and not do in this game that I pay for. So you goto the county fair and hop on every single ride and experience every single thing there? You have choices......

The plague will die out soon enough. People will buy vaccines and avoid contracting it, so unless two guys are constantly blowing themselves up to keep the plague going, it won't last.
You do know that the rakghoul plague, spread by players deliberately, is here to stay, right?

Where in my post did I say I want the content removed? You wish to participate go right ahead, I don't.
Where in my post did I say you wanted to have the content removed?

As for 'you agree to the terms and conditions bla bla bla' lol, clutching at straws there my friend. Has nothing to do with that and has all to do with what I as the paying customer wish to do and not do in this game that I pay for. So you goto the county fair and hop on every single ride and experience every single thing there? You have choices......
You have a choice as well: Cancel or stay. That's the only choice you're guaranteed. Best make your decision.

Oh I like that analogy.... when I go to this hypothetical fair, can I opt out of loud music, or the bad smells? No? You mean if I go to a fair I have to accept some things I don't like to enjoy the things I do like? So if the things I don't like far exceed the enjoyment I get from the things that I do like I guess I should just stay home.

Oh I like that analogy.... when I go to this hypothetical fair, can I opt out of loud music, or the bad smells? No? You mean if I go to a fair I have to accept some things I don't like to enjoy the things I do like? So if the things I don't like far exceed the enjoyment I get from the things that I do like I guess I should just stay home.

/facepalm is all I can say to ^

It amazes me how many "people" are still butt hurt over this stupid crap. Adapt or die. Move along, nothing to see here, it's over.

It has been said before many times the "infection" is easy to get around. If you are too stupid or too lazy to do so, I recommend a good game of checkers... with yourself.

Well...it appears you was very bored before this event. Now what are you doing that the event is over? You do know these type of events have very marginal impact on players staying for the long haul? While if it is designed poorly, it can have a negative lasting impact on some if they will stay.

I`ll just go back to what I was doing before it started. But, for me, it DID provide a fresh breath of air. It was something new and mildly amusing. Not a bad idea either.

In the end, it actually gave one more reason to group and quest like a PROPER MMO, instead of the "one man and his dog" model of late... was certainly more fun than the Forumites would want you to believe.

Edited by Styxx