Returning player... advice?

Perringaiden

Hi Helpful People,

I'm looking to have a bit of a play around with SWTOR again after a bit over a year off. I unsubbed when the Free-To-Play stuff was announced, not just because of that, but partly lack of enthusiasm in things like Explosive Conflict.

So here's my question:

What's new, where should I start, where do I find all the "new things I've missed" in the last year?

Elorael.

Well you can start with the expansion, if you don't already have it you can take a look at it here HERE

You can also find some more information about the new gear and progression HERE

And see here for the major game updates

There have been lots of great additions added recently with 2 big patches on the horizon see Summer of SWTOR

Of cause the best thing to do is get in game and see how you like it.

Edited by NicAX

Welcome back. :)

Been playing for a little less than a year so will give you a list of all the new things happening since I've been around:

Operations:

Terror from Beyond (Operation, SM, HM, NiM available at level 55)

Scum and Villainy (Operation, SM, HM, NiM available at level 55)

Classics: Karragga's Palace, Eternity Vault and Explosive Conflicts are still the same and for level 50s (though 55s can do it aswell.)

Hard Mode Flashpoints:

Old ones are still available and scaled for level 50. Lost Island is nerfed again and part of the normal queue.

New Hard Mode Flashpoints being Cademinu, Mandolorian Raiders, Atthis and Hammer Station scaled up.

Events:

Reoccuring Gree Event (mostly for level 55 though.) and got a new reoccuring event announced for somewhere August.

Other:

You can aquire HK-51 companion (Ranged DPS) from a questline starting in Section X

Tons and tons of new dailies. Just go to Dulfy.net in case you're interested in them.

PvP:

New tiers of gear, old gear either got expertise removed or gimps you due to how bolster works now-a-days.

Bolster still occurs in max level PvP, making PvE gear the new recruit. Doesn't work fully as intended.

Ancient Hypergates (if this doesn't sound familiar it's newish.)

As for tips and tricks on where to start. I'd usually recommend the Makeb Planetary Vendor (Fleet) due to him selling Rakata level item modifications, how-ever you might have rakata+ gear already. :)

This link can be very helpful to start finding your way:

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/14/swtor-level-55-endgame-gearing-guide/

I do fear without the expansions there's not a lot of new things.

(PS: The giggle is back)

Edited by Gloomycakes