Double XP Weekends are back

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, experience boosts of any type should not be available for people (like me) who have yet to max level a toon.

Since I subscribed I'm finding that with the XP boost I'm out-levelling content before I finish it. Why would I want to blow through the entire game like this? Its silly.

you can still do the quest if you are that into the story. I mean yeah you are over leveled for it but its not like the quest are that hard anyways.

I'm just gonna throw this idea out there because people love and don't love (like me) the double xp weekends. SWTOR should switch its leveling system over to progression based and not xp based. That is your level is based on your progression through the main story line therefor allowing you to level as quickly or as slowly as you want

I'm just gonna throw this idea out there because people love and don't love (like me) the double xp weekends. SWTOR should switch its leveling system over to progression based and not xp based. That is your level is based on your progression through the main story line therefor allowing you to level as quickly or as slowly as you want

In theory, it's a great idea. It'd allow people to complete all the quests or just the class story without being the wrong level.

But how would it work in practice? How many quests would it take to gain a level? What rewards should non-class story quests give? etc.

This recent double XP weekend I got my level 14 Vanguard to 47. So 14-47 within a weekend. Sadly I will be working crappy hours on the last double XP weekend so i won't be able to maximize it. I'll hopefully be able to get him to 55 if i'm lucky.

I also have a level 50 Gunslinger and a level 50 powertech so give me more double xp weekends. These are great and actually makes me want to continue levelling new characters as opposed to dragging my heels doing the stupid planet quests.

So far I have leveled a SI from 18-55 and a SW from 1-34 :) By the time the 3rd double XP weekend comes to a close I hope to have my SW at 55 and have an IA in the mid 20s (I already had a lvl 55 BH)

Personally speaking I have been around since launch on and off and only played my BH, I have thoroughly enjoyed these double XP weekends and used them as a chance to level some alts. I have no real intention of running quests in the same areas again so have 'spacebarred' the Empire missions but listened to and thoroughly enjoyed the class stories.

I appreciate that not everyone wants double XP and maybe an option to turn it off in future would be a good idea, but for myself and a couple of guildies its been a huge success. Thanks!

As anyone can see from my member number, I've been around since TOR was announced. Still, I burned myself out on the game about six months ago and didn't think I'd return. The double xp weekends enticed me enough to resubscribe. If they continue, I'll keep subscribing. Edited by Quind

Hey Bioware, Just a quick thanks for these weekends. I left WoW to play here as many of my raiding team have. They began playing shortly after this game came out, so I was way behind them as far as leveled characters go. This allows me to have one catch up. so I can group with them once more. Again, thanks for this gift and hope to see more in the future. :jawa_smile:

Bioware, can you please make an option to not have double experience? I already outlevel my planets by doing a tad too much pvp, with double exp you simply can't do every quest unless you enjoy onehitting each quest mob (slightly exxagerating but you catch my drift, it's not fun being 6-7 lvlv above your average mob)

Thank you for double XP weekends!

I'm playing my Trooper, again. I had stopped leveling my Trooper because the next planet was Voss.

Voss. :(

I can skip most of the side missions on Voss, get off of the planet quickly, and move on to complete Trooper Chapter 3!

Double XP weekend -- hurray! :)

Not sure if it's been brought up already (hard to read/scroll thru on an iphone after dropping laptop and screwing up harddrive) but, I've got an issue with the double xp weekends and lower level avatars: they level up too fast but don't aquire enough $ to always get the level upgrades. Has elevating the $ amount earned in regards to double xp weekends been discussed?

So other people have already mentioned this, but you need to allow us to turn off the double XP. I am new and leveling up my first character and have over-levelled him considerably. This is primarily because of the last 2 double XP weekends. I didn't get off Dromund Kaas until level 22. This means all the quests on Balmorra are now gray to me. This is an issue because I don't really have to learn how to play my class since all the quests are way below my level. They are so easy, I can just sleepwalk through it. I actually started a new character the other day and am purposely not playing this weekend so I don't end up in the same situation. I can understand why people who are leveling alts and have already experienced all (or most) of the content like double XP because they can skip a lot of the side quests and remain on-level. However, this makes it very difficult for completionists and for those of us experiencing the content for the first time (I am both of these) to enjoy the content. I am kind of upset because I would totally be playing a lot this weekend and I am enjoying this game, but now I can't play, all because of this stupid Double XP thing that I can't turn off.

However, this makes it very difficult for completionists and for those of us experiencing the content for the first time (I am both of these) to enjoy the content. I am kind of upset because I would totally be playing a lot this weekend and I am enjoying this game, but now I can't play, all because of this stupid Double XP thing that I can't turn off.

I totally agree, sure have double xp weekends for the ppl that want it but make it optional for the ppl that don't. Most of the time weekends is the only time I get to play and for the past 4 days I haven't been playing much because of the double xp! That's a whole weekend wasted of my game time. Now I have to wait until next weekend to enjoy the game :( I'm a sub so I SHOULD have the option to turn it off if I want.

Edited by Death-Bane

Just wanted to say thanks again for the double xp weekends - had a lot of fun :)

I already had a lvl 55 BH prior to the first weekend and now have a lvl 55 SI and SW as well as an IA approaching lvl 30. I don't really enjoy leveling (certainly not more than once) and it was nice to follow the class story (which are excellent btw) and 'spacebar' enough of the side quests to keep on level for the planet.

I do understand that xp is relatively easy to come by in SWTOR anyway and an option to turn it off for those that don't want it would be good, but personally speaking I had a great time and am looking forwards to the upcoming Bounty Hunter and Gree events.

I totally agree, sure have double xp weekends for the ppl that want it but make it optional for the ppl that don't. Most of the time weekends is the only time I get to play and for the past 4 days I haven't been playing much because of the double xp! That's a whole weekend wasted of my game time. Now I have to wait until next weekend to enjoy the game :( I'm a sub so I SHOULD have the option to turn it off if I want.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even tho every planetary quest is grey, doesn't that just mean that you can breeze thru the planet without a noticeable increase in xp & tackle the next planet at/near the correct level?

Me personally I really enjoyed dbl xp weekends (although my wife is glad they're over lol) I finally got my 1st character to 50 (only took me 6 months!), got my ship on a new toon, & got an alt off his starter planet. Eagerly looking forward to the next dbl xp weekend!

Edited by ImmortalLowlife
adding more