Some questions about companions

Necrohammer

Hello,

I have some questions concerning my companions:

1. I accidently told my droid companion T7-O1 that we didn't have time to search for some guy from his past. Did I just kill the companion quest? Or will there be another opportunity to do this quest?

2. How do I do the HK.. droid quest?

3. Normally if you speak to NPC's the companion affection is influenced by your answers. Does this also happen when a companion is on a crewskill quest, or do I have to wait until the companion returns?

4. Does Kira have a companion quest?

Can't speak for 1 and 4, but I can help with the other two.

As far as affection goes, I'm pretty sure companions generally don't get affection from conversation choices when away on missions. The exception here might be conversations over ship holocomm or conference table, but I don't exactly have any way of verifying it at the moment.

As for the HK-51 quest, once you're level 50, head to Section X. In theory it's on Belsavis and can be reached by the space station shuttle there, in practice you can reach it from a number of other shuttles that can get you to bonus "end-game" zones. Once there, find G0-A1 or B6-31 (Empire and Republic side, respectively), who will give you a Heroic 2+ quest called either Fatal Errors or The Fatality (again, Empire and Republic, respectively). It's marked as Heroic 2+, but with a bit of luck and good gear, you should be able to solo at least the opening stage of it. Just follow that quest and you'll eventually get your very own snarky assassin droid.

1. No idea

2. You might have to buy the quest, there is a Cartel coins mission for HK on sale, with a level 50 requirement.

3. You have to wait until your companion returns.

4. I'm pretty sure all companions have companion quests, but you might have to have reached a point in the story to get them.

Edited by AlexDougherty

Hello,

I have some questions concerning my companions:

1. I accidently told my droid companion T7-O1 that we didn't have time to search for some guy from his past. Did I just kill the companion quest? Or will there be another opportunity to do this quest?

3. Normally if you speak to NPC's the companion affection is influenced by your answers. Does this also happen when a companion is on a crewskill quest, or do I have to wait until the companion returns?

4. Depends on what you mean by "companion quest". All companions in the game have a series of "missions", but for most of them they are only conversations on the ship or on cantinas. One companion for every class does have missions that involve going to planets and fighting bosses.

For most classes that companion is the first one you get; I believe Jedi Knight is the exception and it's Kira instead of T7 that has the "real mission", but I haven't played one enough to verify.

Relating to this: if I am correct about Kira, then the answer to 1 is no, you did not kill the companion quest because there was no quest to kill. T7 will keep on wanting to chat and telling you stories of his former master, whether you want it or not, but there is no mission to actually go look for him.

3. Yes, I think you get affection points for conversations on your current companion, regardless of them being actually present. If you don't want to get negative points for one particular choice, you can always take out C2 - he's unfazed by anything you do. :D

Ah, to clarify the bit about the HK-51 quest. There is a cartel market item granting access to Section X on Belsavis, that's true, and if you're not a subscriber, you *do* need it to even enter the area. If you are a subscriber, though, you can ignore that particular cartel item.

I'm pretty sure he searches for him anyway.

2. How do I do the HK.. droid quest?

Gotta be 50, pick up the quest in Section X.

No, the companion must be present in the conversation.

All companions have quests.