DF Rotation

JediHagen

I am wondering if my rotation for DF is good because i am only pulling about 1650 dps on the dummy. I am in 61-63 gear right now.

I am doing

1. Flourish shot

2. Sharp bomb

3. Vital shot.

4. Hemp. shot

5. illegal mods then Wounding shots

6. Speed shot

7. Aimed shot

8. Wounding shots

9. Flyby and power relic then cool head

reset to sharp bomb

i reapply my dots and arrmor debuff when needed and i use flurry of bolts when needed also. If anyone can help me on my rotation to help raise my dps that would be great.

Try to fit in "Sab Charge" and don't be afraid to burst when you have cool head up. When you have cool head available burst until energy around 40% then pop cool head and you should be OK. Other then that I think you rotation is good. P.S. Don't waste GCD and energy on Flourish when you have other armor de-buffers in the group (JKs, commandos).

Shorten your rotation so you have the Dots up all the time: Don't do Freighter at the end of your rotation but instead of Speedshot, whenever Freighter is ready.

When Cool Head is ready do Freighter instead of Aimed Shot.

And substitute Aimed Shot with Sabotage Charge + Flurry whenever SC is ready.

That should boost you a little...

Statwise you should decrease Crit to 300 and put those points in power instead.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

First, your Torparse link doesn't seem to be working.

Your gear should be putting you closer to 2000 DPS if you're on-top of a good rotation. The only comments I have about your gear is you could lose some Crit and Accuracy (if you want). I prefer my Crit Chance to be ~40% (fully buffed) in Dirty Fighting as it helps a lot with energy regeneration, if you go under 40% you'll have more power but possibly a larger energy management issue. For Saboteur, Dirty Fighting, and Hybrid you only need 98%-100% Accuracy because most of your damage is Tech and your main hand will be hitting enough in this margin not to matter much. 100% helps Sharpshooter more and just makes it so your off-hand doesn't miss. No big deal if you want to leave accuracy as is, just know it doesn't hurt to dip under 100% a small amount.

As for your rotation, I'll try my best to recite my opener when parsing on the dummy: (Shrap Bomb > Vital Shot > Hemorrhaging Blast > Wounding Shots set-up is abbreviated as SVHW)

1. Power Relic + Flyby
  2. Aimed Shot (Combat Starts at end of cast)
  3. Shrap Bomb
  4. Vital Shot
  5. Cool Head + Hemorrhaging Blast + Power Adrenal
  6. Wounding Shots
  7. Sabotage Charge
  8. Speed Shot
  9. Wounding Shots
  10. Flourish Shot
  11. SVHW
  12. Speed Shots
  13. Smuggler's Luck + Charged Burst
  14. Flurry of Bolts
  15. Wounding Shots
  16. Shrap bomb
  17. Vital Shot
  18. Hemorrhaging Blast + Illegal Mods

The main ideas are:

• Use Illegal Mods to help with energy (the +10 from Field Tech 2-piece).
  • Get in two Wounding Shots before re-applying DOTs. Wounding Shots should be doing ~700 of your DPS.
  • Make Flyby a priority, but only when Wounding Shots is on CD and your DOTs don't need a refresh (i.e. between Wounding Shots 1 and 2 in a DOT application).
  • Flourish Shot, for your personal DPS, isn't as important in Dirty Fighting. However, in Ops I'd recommend making it a higher priority to help with group DPS.
  • Use Cool Head and Illegal Mods in conjunction with Hemo Blast or Flurry of Bolts to keep DPS up while regenerating the most energy possible.
  • Sabotage Charge provides some of the biggest damage for the amount of energy it costs, try to use it in-between channeled abilities to make up for its 20 energy cost.
  • Only use Charged Burst when Smuggler's Luck is active.
  • Aimed Shot's primary purpose in Dirty Fighting is to deliver sizable damage while letting energy return in that 2.5 second cast time. However, don't use it if Wounding Shot is about to come off CD or DOTs are going to be re-applied. Aimed Shot has a lower priority.
  • Avoid letting DOTs tick into their Weak forms when parsing on the Ops Dummy, it's a large DPS loss.

Tech crit, your bleeds are tech and their crits are what give you the +2 energy. Check out my AMR wish list to see what I'm aiming for:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/30c5ddd8-9e3c-43fe-a21c-50d21f0127b0

I'm still debating between a mod and enhancement (39.69% Tech Crit Vs. 40.90% Tech Crit and 98% Acc Vs. 100% Acc).

Edited by AngelFluttershy

vital shot before shrap bomb

If you do shrap bomb first then both dots will end at the same time.

I never understood why most people say you should shrap bomb first.

With the rotation I use I can't get in two WS before VS is already ticking into its weak form. I can catch it if I apply VS after Shrap Bomb. Plus, since VS lasts for a short duration it starts desynchronizing with Shrap bomb which I find is better for energy, but worse for DPS.

vital shot before shrap bomb

If you do shrap bomb first then both dots will end at the same time.

I never understood why most people say you should shrap bomb first.

For increased QoL rotation-wise :D. As you know VS - SB will not sync together and requires constant looking at the debuff bar. Unless you have them memorized and can pull it off..gj!

SB - VS simply makes your rotation less of a job imo.

Edited by paowee

• 3 weeks later...
For increased QoL rotation-wise :D. As you know VS - SB will not sync together and requires constant looking at the debuff bar. Unless you have them memorized and can pull it off..gj!

SB - VS simply makes your rotation less of a job imo.

ya, and that is why it's worse. if both your dots are ending at the same time, you cant refresh them effectively. but you're right, that way would be the "easy" way to do it. I prefer VS first. You WANT the dots out of sync.

btw, this is coming from a top dps GS in a 16m 4/4 nightmare EC guild

Edited by adezero

ya, and that is why it's worse. if both your dots are ending at the same time, you cant refresh them effectively. but you're right, that way would be the "easy" way to do it. I prefer VS first. You WANT the dots out of sync.

btw, this is coming from a top dps GS in a 16m 4/4 nightmare EC guild

I used to run them out of sync like you (Vital Shot first then Shrap Bomb), but I felt it complicated my rotation too much. Nothing wrong with having the DOTs out of sync, just personal preference. I've seen many different rotations for Dirty Fighting that all achieved similar DPS, it just comes down to what's best for you personally. As long as you minimize Weak DOTs time and keep Hemo Blast and Wounding Shots on CD, then I don't see a big problem.

Also, if you're doing the typical SB > VS style you can still reapply VS before it ticks into its weak form if you're on top of your rotation.