~Jaesa Romance~

DarthGile

~MAJOR SPOILERS~

I'm sure you're saying, "Not another one of these." The least I can do is try to prove why I am so passionate about this and why it is a legitimate request to the writers, cut scene developers, and producers of this amazing MMORPG. I expect this thread to remain constructive, so if you have a Dark-Side Sith Warrior, and feel apathetic about this request, please think before posting. What we are asking for does not affect you in any way. Thank you in advance for your mature and thoughtful responses.

About Jaesa Willsaam

Jaesa was born into a life of servitude on Alderaan. Her parents, Parvin and Gregor Willsaam, worked under House Organa and planned for their daughter to eventually marry into nobility, removing them from a meager lifestyle. As a teenager, Jaesa served as a handmaiden to Giselle Organa. By channeling a unique force ability, clarity, Jaesa was able to peer inside one's soul and learn about their true nature and intentions. This made her very jeopardizing in a world surrounded by politicians.

Because of the potency of her gift, Jedi Master Nomen Karr tracked her down and urged her to join the Jedi Order, feeding the idea that her power would help rid the galaxy of corruption. Jaesa's primary aspiration is to believe and pursue something truly great, beyond servitude. It was a simple choice. Her parents remained on Alderaan as servants, with a sacrificed dream.

The Light Warrior's Journey to Lure Jaesa Out (Optional Read)

Many of these choices are covered in my video,

It's true that light Sith have it rough on many quests that provide alignment choices. This is what we go through to lure out Jaesa, currently a padawan for Master Karr.

1.) The journey doesn't truly begin until Tatooine. This is where you start to track the padawan's history of training. After various trials that require patience and perseverance, you stumble upon Master Yonlocke in the Dune Sea. According to Darth Baras' operative, Yonlocke was Jaesa's first and most prominent instructor. Master Yonlocke explains that his powerful psychic connection with Jaesa will tell her everything about this event. An inevitable fight commences where you naturally win. Instead of killing him, you sheathe your saber and give Yonlocke a message to send to Jaesa. "I just want to talk."

Jaesa's presumed thoughts: "This tool of Darth Baras is toying with me. I don't buy it.”

2.) Alderaan. After receiving a lead from an Alde House member, you tear down General Giselle Organa's defenses before her key bout with House Ulgo. After exchanging words, the ultra Light choice is to assist her in bolstering her defenses against Ulgo. After a trying battle with several waves of Ulgo forces, you depart from the extremely confused and appreciative Organa soldiers and return. Baffled by your assistance, she upholds her promise and tells you the whereabouts of Jaesa's family.

Jaesa's presumed thoughts: "This Sith fought alongside House Organa in order to find my parents? He's not one of our Jedi spies within the Empire, is he?"

3.) House Organa. The choices made here help determine Jaesa's enlightenment or fall to the Dark Side. You finally meet Parvin and Gregor Willsaam, along with a Jedi protector. You declare a peaceful resolution, and after some convincing, the Jedi agrees to let you talk. As a Light-side proposal, you offer Jaesa's parents a life out of servitude, as long as they join as citizens of the Empire. Their reward would be a life of luxury on Dromund Kaas. They reluctantly accept.

Jaesa's presumed thoughts: "My parents are safe... and rich all of the sudden!? I... don't understand. Who is this man?"

4.) Jaesa, confused by your passive aggressive approach to lure her out, proposes to meet you aboard her starship. You travel there only to find that it was a trap. Two fully trained Jedi Knights are there, instead. Based on your Light-side word usage, one knight decides not to fight, leaving the other to initiate a duel against you. You win, and spare the Jedi, leaving him to contemplate your "power of the dark side."

Jaesa's presumed thoughts: "He spared more Jedi!? He's not Sith. He can't be!"

5.) Finally, Master Karr challenges your master to a duel on Hutta. Darth Baras sends you, instead. After a simple fight, he shows his true colors by channeling dark side energy to defeat you. It goes horribly wrong for him. You spare his life, and await Jaesa's entrance. She is shocked to see her master's true nature. Jaesa begins to question the foundation of her faith in the Jedi Order. After Karr orders her to use her gift on you, she finds only calmness and reason. "You're an agent of the dark side... but it's a mask?" She has searched her whole life for something to believe in, and you have provided the answer. She begs to join you and your cause in transforming the Empire from within.

Jaesa's presumed thoughts: "Finally, I found purpose. As a Sith apprentice to this remarkable man. Well, it sure beats a corrupt Jedi order!"

Why She Should be a Romantic Interest

The journey to retrieve Jaesa was a trying one. By proving to never judge a book by its cover, you have won her allegiance. She is no longer a Jedi. She is a Sith apprentice, and will call herself one several times. She no longer has a reason to abide by the Jedi code, for the Order's newly discovered corruption has made her question everything she's learned. As her new master, you are everything to her. As light as you are, you still follow the Sith code. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. As your student, she will irrefutably accept such scripture, as Ashara Zavros eventually did. Based on instinct, a handsome young man and beautiful young woman working closely together on a mutual goal will inevitably spark sexual tension. Every adventure and drama film/novel has proven to us that it is unavoidable.

Speaking of Ashara, let's look at the other SW:TOR classes who happen to have a female Jedi romance option.

1.) Jedi Knight: Kira Carsen, cunning and outspoken, is a light-side padawan. She is romanceable.

2.) Jedi Consular: Nadia Grell. She, a light-side force user, joined the Jedi at a late age, due to her culture's inability to pinpoint the origin of her powers. She is a romance option.

3.) Sith Inquisitor: Ashara Zavros. Despite her pride and insecurity, she is a model padawan in Taris' Jedi Academy. She follows the code precisely and can still become romancaeble without killing surrendered assassins or being corrupted by a Sith holocron.

If these Jedi are romanceable, there is no reason why Jaesa, also following the Light path, has no option to be. She has just as many flaws as they do. She is hesitant, hyper, impatient, and often feels discouraged. She has also shown sadness, an emotion that promotes suffering, in various cut scenes involving her pilgrimage. Even the most devoted light users aren't perfect.

Lastly, compared to many other companions, she is incomplete. She has 9 affection-based cut scenes, which trigger every 1,250 affection. The average (non-initial) companion has 16 to 18 affection-based cut scenes.

Why Do We Want Her to Be Romanceable?

This is a Bioware game, and the company prides itself over good story-telling, with critically acclaimed titles to back it up. Over the years, we've interacted with very memorable characters. Bastila, Morrigan, Alistair, and Carth are just a few examples who left lasting impressions on many RPG fans.

Jaesa Willsaam, voiced by the beautiful and talented Rachael Leigh Cook, is no exception. She has a wonderful Light-Side personality, and her physical appearance closely matches her voice actress. Who wouldn't want such an attractive character to be a fully romanceable option?

Dark Warrior Male Romances: Vette, Dark Jaesa (2)

Light Warrior Male Romances: Vette (1)

Note: Before Dark Warriors argue that Vette doesn't match their alignment, she is still an option to them (affection gifts are wonderful things). They even have the opportunity to stir up a love triangle.

All I'm asking, Bioware, is for balance within the Sith Warrior's romance options. Light Warriors do not want Dark-Jaesa, for reasons which we will not state in this thread (to avoid arguments). Vette is a great character, but choices are what make this game.. and we found an area where our advocating play style, which was (in several cases) promoted by Daniel Erickson, has hindered us. We feel like we're being penalized, an ironic outcome for our boldness in defying an evil empire from within.

<3 Anaconda

Edited by DarthGile

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One argument: Replay value

Since this game is story driven to such a great extent it goes without saying that on your journey you will miss out on alot of content. Jaesa is just content you miss. Roll another toon and play that also so you dont miss out on Jaesa.

Its not bad being bad:D

One argument: Replay value

Since this game is story driven to such a great extent it goes without saying that on your journey you will miss out on alot of content. Jaesa is just content you miss. Roll another toon and play that also so you dont miss out on Jaesa.

Its not bad being bad:D

Between 8 class archetypes spread across both factions, there is enough replay value as it is. And that's only story replay value. In wouldn't want to replay the whole Warrior+Empire questlines just to unlock another romance option.

Edited by Helig

Women establish relationships with bad boys and ******es while they put the nice guys and listeneres in the friend zone.

They prefer the alpha male. Dark Side is more alpha cause they strife for absolute power, not balance like the Light Side.

That's why the current state is just pure logic.

Women establish relationships with bad boys and ******es while they put the nice guys and listeneres in the friend zone.

They prefer the alpha male. Dark Side is more alpha cause they strife for absolute power, not balance like the Light Side.

That's why the current state is just pure logic.

Uh, aggression and obsession with power has nothing to do with being an alpha.

Also, there are the "nice guys" and there are nice guys. There are some as you describe - it's easy to hide indecisiveness and weakness behind the "nice" mask, but there are many more strong, successful, just, collected, composed and empathic men. They just aren't showing themselves off as "Dark" wannabe alphas. Our Aikiai dojo has quite a few of those, actually. Mostly Black belts, 2-nd Dan and higher.

Edited by Helig

As you said affection items. I already think its balanced if Vette is more light and Jaesa is dark. You can use the same thing you said yourself for Jaesa as dark warriors can use for Vette.

With that said I agree and disagree. I agree light side should have the option to romance a light Jasea and disagree that Jaesa be only light. She should be able to have a romance with both. Just like all romance options in my opinion should be for both, not one or the other.

I simply hate the assumption that I am kicking against the *****s of an evil empire.

I play a light side sith warrior because I truly believe in the ideals, and that only through order will the galaxy be saved. A lot of light side choices are simply doing whats best for the empire and not your own personal vengeance.

I would prefer that Jaesa could say that as well, but not everyone belongs with every body.

Woah, wait, I can't romance her except I turn her into an evil sadist?

Great, first I lose my red lightsaber and now this.

*sigh*

Ah well... whatever.

But yeah, I'm all for her Light-Side self being romanceable, would be nice.

Like no restrictions for color crystals (He, a man can dream, right? :D ).

Edited by Kyral

I have to agree with the OP on this matter. I'm playing a Female Light Side Warrior, so I cannot romance Jaesa regardless.

... but if I rolled a male, I'd sure be tempted to. (Plus, for the Warrior, isn't- true -romance Light Side?)

So if one rolls a Light Warrior trying to romance a Light Apprentice and romancing is Light... it should add up pretty decently, yes? (Though, math is certainly not my strong point.)

I, for one, would love if romance became an option for Light Side Jaesa, but if not I still love the potential between her and the Warrior.

And I still love her character. :D

(I tried watching a clip of Dark Side Jaesa and couldn't get past the first conversation piece between her and the Dark Warrior, I was so repulsed. *shrugs*)

Guess everything isn't for everyone, eh?

Edited by RepublicGurl

So wait, let me gets this straight.

Jaesa is a companion that can become our apprentice.

We can affect her to go both Dark Side and Light Side.

We can romance her.. but only if we let her stay Dark Side?

Am I getting that right?

Because if so; What. The. Hell.

It's a good argument, but the reason she doesn't have a light side romance isn't because they don't see that it would be good plot sense, its' because the sith warrior already had a light side romance. There are plenty of classes that, for each gender, have one romance. Inquisitor has a light side romance for men and a dark side romance for women.

Warriors are already have one for each side, so even if I think it's a good idea, I don't see it happening...

It's a good argument, but the reason she doesn't have a light side romance isn't because they don't see that it would be good plot sense, its' because the sith warrior already had a light side romance. There are plenty of classes that, for each gender, have one romance. Inquisitor has a light side romance for men and a dark side romance for women.

Warriors are already have one for each side, so even if I think it's a good idea, I don't see it happening...

All romanceable characters which you can change the alignment of should be romanceable as long as you maintain the proper alignment. Being able to change her alignment to Light Side, but not being able to romance her once she is, is.. so damn odd.

I expect this thread to remain constructive, so if you have a Dark-Side Sith Warrior, and feel apathetic about this request, please think before posting. What we are asking for does not affect you in any way. Thank you in advance for your mature and thoughtful responses.

I figured typing this above quote in my introduction would have kept the "Jaesa only likes bad boys, duh!", "Jaesa romance should be dark side only." posts at bay. Guess not. Silly me for trying to post thread reminders. :rolleyes:

Dark Sith Warriors. I'll say it again. This thread, this request, and the multiple "Can we have Jaesa as a Light romance?" threads are nothing for you to worry about. If, "IF", Bioware does eventually add a romance for light Sith, it will not affect your Dark Jaesa in ANY way. They will not take her crazy make up and "Kill kill, now kiss me!" attitude away from you. I promise.

Secondly, I left out a certain part that I didn't think I needed to clarify on. What *is* a Light Sith? Comments like "If you wanna play light, go JK.. lol!" do not fly, and they'll frankly make others disregard your post quicker.

Difference between Light Sith and Light Jedi.

Light Sith: Reason, Compassion, and controlled Emotion

Light Jedi: No Emotion, Selflessness, Peace

The keywords are just small scratches on the surface. The light side of the Force for a Sith is much different. You still belong to an evil empire. You still remain loyal to your superiors and will carry out such objectives, like orbital strikes and sabotaging resources.

You may show mercy, and you may be guided by your conscience.. but the Republic is still your enemy. Jedi are still your sworn enemies for as long as you are titled a Sith Apprentice, Lord, Darth etc. The most you can do is show your enemy respect. The choice to spare their lives requires more strength than executing them.

Emotions that inspire compassion and trust, like love, are the golden highlights of everything a Light Sith represents. Telling us that because we are Light, we shouldn't be romantically involved easily contradicts the whole reason Vette is a light-inspiring romance.

Edited by DarthGile

I'm confused...

When you get Jaesa she is a Jedi...if you keep her LS then you tell her to keep her Jedi ways. In doing so this would keep her from wanting to form a romantic connection in fear of the dark side.

Seems to me that you are arguing against the natural progression of that character's story.

I'm confused...

When you get Jaesa she is a Jedi...if you keep her LS then you tell her to keep her Jedi ways. In doing so this would keep her from wanting to form a romantic connection in fear of the dark side.

Seems to me that you are arguing against the natural progression of that character's story.

We tell her to join us, because the Jedi are corrupt (hence Nomen Karr going crazy before her eyes). Why would she remain loyal to an already proven corrupt tradition? She wants to learn everything I have to teach. If I told her that kissing me would increase her clarity, would she deny me? Oh wait.. I don't have the option to do that... at all.

When Jaesa begs me to be her mentor, she is begging to become an apprentice to a Sith. You can't get anymore technical than that. Romance, as told by the Jedi, lead to the Dark Side. If my character, a Light Sith, told her otherwise.. who is she going to believe?

Edited by DarthGile

The whole thing is about influencing and changing your companions through interaction; it would be really interesting character development to convince her to forsake the Jedi teachings but not the light. If I could do that I might even be compelled to roll a Light sided Sith Warrior.

EDIT: oh, and it would be even more interesting if you could let her stay light sided as a Dark Side Sith, then slowly convincing her to accept the darkness in you without making her forsake the path of the light.

Edited by Kikkelipoika

Very disappointed she is not romanceable on Light Sided SWs. Too late to go back and become dark side..... -_-

This is what I warned Bioware during my whole time in beta. People making threads or posts stating that they're light Sith Warriors, and that they've already received light Jaesa in hopes of getting "closer" with her, to later find out she's unromanceable.