To those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription

dermitni

Hi!

I'm just curious about how much those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription would be willing to pay. Here's my answer first:

Requirement for lifetime subscription:

• Must be subscribed for at least 6 months

Price I'd be willing to pay:

• 300,- EUR (~389,26 $)

What I'd expect to get in return:

• Lifetime status as subscriber
  • 60000 Cartel Coins
  • Ingame title "Citizen"
  • Access to all shops in SWTOR

Cheers, Niko

Edited by dermitni

Hi!

I'm just curious about how much those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription would be willing to pay. Here's my answer first:

• Must be subscribed for at least 6 months

i cant really see any point in why i would have to be a subscriber for 6 months to be able to get this

• 300,- EUR (~389,26 $)

389 $ is abit to much most lifetime subs ive seen have been around 299 and i cant see any reason why swtor should be more expensive

• Lifetime status as subscriber
  • 60000 Cartel Coins wouldnt mind this but to i wouldnt expect this much, but we would ofc get the monthly cartel coins
  • Ingame title "Citizen" Agreed
  • Access to all shops in SWTOR NO i think the security key shop and collectors edition shop should stay as they are. BUT they could add a new Lifetime shop for life timers only.

Cheers, Niko

Edits in Bold

To me it would be like this:

> Must be a subscriber for at least 3 (three) months.

> Between US$ 249,00 ~ US$ 299,00.

> Lifetime status as subscriber.

> Around 50000 Cartel Coins (or at least around 2000 coins per month).

> Ingame title "Citizen" (This is a must).

> The possibility to choose at least 1 (one) full set from any of the special shops in the game (VIP, Collector's, Security - a "one time pass" to choose the set).

> The creation of a "lifetime subscriber" special shop.

Edited by Haggardbr

> No need to be a Subsciber.

> Between US$ 249,00 ~ US$ 299,00. Or 225-275€

> Around 1000 Cartel Coins per month.

> Ingame title "Citizen".

> A shop only for Lifetime subs.

> Lifetime discount of 10 to 20% in the Cartel Market.

Edited by Erethrian

I'd love to be able to do a lifetime subscription, and Erethrian's breakdown is pretty much what I was thinking as well.

I'd love to be able to do a lifetime subscription, and Erethrian's breakdown is pretty much what I was thinking as well.

Yeah, I think we must be realistic. They won't give us 60000 CC. And they won't give us access to those stores someone mentioned before. But I can see something around 1000 CC per month and it makes no sense to me that you need to be a subscriber to access a Lifetime subscription.

If I were BioWare I'd put up a Lifetime Sub (expensive as of 275€) for December 22, just for a limitate time (like a christmas offer). Then I'd wait and see how it goes.

+1 To lifer only shop where you can purchase with credits, bound to legacy, no-trade ever, UNIQUE custom gear, mounts, pets. And by unique I mean truly new/different visual designs, not this re-coloring business.

Whether those items are available from the Cartel Market is a discussion... but the Lifer shop should allow one to purchase them with credits.

why should a lifer get more CC than a monthly suber? your actually giving BW/EA less money over time. A monthly that says monthly and the game runs say 7 to 8 years is going to pay far more to BW/EA than a life time sub. So in reality if your a life subber you should only get 250 cc coins a month in my eyes. You pay less you get less.

Don't think that way, as a F2Per if they are getting more than you right now.

why should a lifer get more CC than a monthly suber? your actually giving BW/EA less money over time. A monthly that says monthly and the game runs say 7 to 8 years is going to pay far more to BW/EA than a life time sub. So in reality if your a life subber you should only get 250 cc coins a month in my eyes. You pay less you get less.

People who pay $12.99 a month on six-month subs get more coins every month than people who pay $14.99 a month for a recurring 30-day sub.

People who pay $12.99 a month on six-month subs get more coins every month than people who pay $14.99 a month for a recurring 30-day sub.

That's right, their policies are not like "give us money over time" but "give us money now and you receive more".

Also, as I said, I could see something around 1000CC/month for a "lifetimer", but maybe they'd give 625-650 CC/month instead of 700-1000 if we're being realistic.

Unfortunately, I only think Lifetime Membership is but a dream or perhaps do a 3 years plan which I list below?...

To add to Erethrian's...

> Between US$ 249.00 ~ US$ 299,00. Or 225-275€

> Ingame title "Citizen" (Change that to a special in game moniker - titles are usually replaced with master\etc).

> Roll all stores into Lifetime Sub Market and add a few extras for Lifetimers.

> Free: Digital Upgrade Pack

> Free: Physical Security Token (aka Two-factor authentication)

> Three years of free content updates (aka - you do not have pay for expansion packs for (3) years - $450 value)

> After 3 years, remain at subscriber status forever (does not drop to F2P or Preferred) with the following:

1. Receive 600-1000 cartel coins a month

2. Free bug patches.

3. Pay for major content releases - For example from Version 1.6 to Version 2 and so forth.

Edited by Lorica

my guess would be that i lifetime sub would/should cost about the same as 2year sub.

you would get the same coin pr. month as a sub, maybe + 100 for beeing lifetime.

a title would be fine, maybe a pet or a hologram item, but i´m not sure why we would get other priviledges.

my guess would be that i lifetime sub would/should cost about the same as 2year sub.

you would get the same coin pr. month as a sub, maybe + 100 for beeing lifetime.

a title would be fine, maybe a pet or a hologram item, but i´m not sure why we would get other priviledges.

EDIT: Here is the current breakdown - http://www.swtor.com/free

Edited by Lorica

I'm already a CE subscriber, and the only reason i use the cards rather than reoccuring billing is the irregularity of my pay from work. If i had the option of a lifetime sub, i would jump on that because i could pay, lumpsum, rather than have the uncertainty of what my financial status will be at the moment that reoccurring charge floats through.

Of course, more perks is always nice too ;)

Adding another shop would be silly and just make upkeep on making sure it's updated a waste of time. Paying 300 would easily equate you to a CE, hell beyond CE in fact. Might as well merge the two and fulfil the promise of CE shop being updated.

Also 300 Euro's is WAY to much. Don't forget that Euro's for the rest of the world is a lot of money.

Edited by Selvec

This sounds about right to me; I might even be tempted to spring for it (hey, a year ago, popping $300 for any game would have been unthinkable).

The details of whether to open all shops, as earlier suggested, or a separate lifetimer shop, either or both would work as far as I'm concerned. They're obviously doing a lot of work with stores and items and such, so that's a hard call from outside.

This idea is a game killer, let me tell what it did for sto. At launch and about a year in allot of people picked up the lifetime subs. The money was good, but in the end sto was hurting money wise, because what they did was kill that solid stream of the monthly subs. Soon in their so called f2p modal they had to make up for the loss, so they began putting solid content items in the cstore, and charging RL money. So what ended up happening was the Lifetime sub and the subscriber got royally screwed and got nothing in return for their spent money. Its simple money management. You need a steady stream of money to keep the game up. One big burst from lots of players does not give you that. If swtor went down that road, it surely would destroy this game, because like sto they would run into money problems later on after the burst of profit. You would start seeing key content items put into the cartel market for RL money. Essentially lifetime subs would just end up screwing the player.

Aside from the 10 to 20 % discount this is propperly the most realistic version.

However:

This idea is a game killer, let me tell what it did for sto. At launch and about a year in allot of people picked up the lifetime subs. The money was good, but in the end sto was hurting money wise, because what they did was kill that solid stream of the monthly subs. Soon in their so called f2p modal they had to make up for the loss, so they began putting solid content items in the cstore, and charging RL money. So what ended up happening was the Lifetime sub and the subscriber got royally screwed and got nothing in return for their spent money. Its simple money management. You need a steady stream of money to keep the game up. One big burst from lots of players does not give you that. If swtor went down that road, it surely would destroy this game, because like sto they would run into money problems later on after the burst of profit. You would start seeing key content items put into the cartel market for RL money. Essentially lifetime subs would just end up screwing the player.

I do agree with this

Edited by Inzuher