Quick Travel Terminal Issues After Game Update 2.4

Jerba

The bindpoint for Quick Travel on Oricon (near the Operations entrance) is bugged. Yesterday, I unlocked the bindpoint with my two Republic characters, but when I logged in today, I once again had to unlock it before I could use it. Other people in chat confirmed that they have the same bug.

Please fix the bindpoint so that it stays unlocked.

It's the same on the Imperial side of the bridge as well. I unlock the QT point, relog and it goes back to undiscovered.

Not a massive problem because of the speeders, but it would be nice if it worked as intended.

• Dev Post

Hello folks,

First of all, while we love how many bugs you catch while testing on the PTS, we aren't always able to get them fixed before the patch goes Live. :)

Secondly, is it only the point near the Operations, or have you seen it elsewhere on Oricon? Thanks!

Hello folks,

First of all, while we love how many bugs you catch while testing on the PTS, we aren't always able to get them fixed before the patch goes Live. :)

Secondly, is it only the point near the Operations, or have you seen it elsewhere on Oricon? Thanks!

Unless I missed some, there are only two quick travel points on Oricon (Operation area and your faction base). The faction base has stayed active as far as I can tell, but I have see both the QT point and the speeder no longer give me access to the Operation entrance area.

This is frustrating because on one of my toons, I completed the story, but still have to huff it there (through a heroic area and pubside campers) on foot just to do operations.

Ya. I have had to unlock the Imperial one on the Bridge two times now. Same toon. Thought it was strange. It might be that if you go there and unlock it before the storyline takes you to the bridge it has to be re-unlocked.

But, all this game seems to be now is a pile of bugs. :rolleyes:

Hello folks,

I personally find this completely unacceptable. You have basically admitted that Bioware release faulty updates rather than delaying these slightly until known issues are fixed. If you have reports from PTS that something isn't worknig why not hold off the rleease of content to the general public on the server we pay to play on until these bugs are fixed? Instead releasing bugged content does nothing other than to add stress to the community and begin to erode our enjoyment of the product.

Considering many of the PTS guides regarding the dread palace final encounter not being able to be completed and here we have the same thing in the final released product this makes me think you all knew this wasn't going to work but decided to release the content anyway in it's bugged state.

I used to have a lot of time and patience for bugs and defended Bioware regarding bugs noting that noone can test everything and sometimes things slip by unnoticed but now based on Amber's post I am beginning to think it's money ahead of quality. If that's the case ... shame on Bioware.

I personally find this completely unacceptable. You have basically admitted that Bioware release faulty updates rather than delaying these slightly until known issues are fixed. If you have reports from PTS that something isn't worknig why not hold off the rleease of content to the general public on the server we pay to play on until these bugs are fixed? Instead releasing bugged content does nothing other than to add stress to the community and begin to erode our enjoyment of the product.

Considering many of the PTS guides regarding the dread palace final encounter not being able to be completed and here we have the same thing in the final released product this makes me think you all knew this wasn't going to work but decided to release the content anyway in it's bugged state.

I used to have a lot of time and patience for bugs and defended Bioware regarding bugs noting that noone can test everything and sometimes things slip by unnoticed but now based on Amber's post I am beginning to think it's money ahead of quality. If that's the case ... shame on Bioware.

You're right, they should totally hold off releasing a massive update that includes 2 new operations, a new planet, new daily area, new gear, and updated vendors because a quick travel point that it takes a grand total of 3 minutes to get back to might not stay unlocked.

I did also notice that the QT point was again locked when we came out of Dread Palace last night, but I had been able to use the "speeder" from the Republic Base to get there earlier in the evening without any issues (it only unlocks after you complete the planetary "story" arc that unlocks the dailies, and complete the H2 about disabling the shuttles.

You're right, they should totally hold off releasing a massive update that includes 2 new operations, a new planet, new daily area, new gear, and updated vendors because a quick travel point that it takes a grand total of 3 minutes to get back to might not stay unlocked.

Because that was only problem with 2.4 :rolleyes:

Broken Op, items removed from game, warzone comms not correctly awarded, GTN Preview and links broken...

Broken Op, items removed from game, warzone comms not correctly awarded, GTN Preview and links broken...

Welcome to the software industry.. If you think you can do better.. Start your own company..

It is a common practice to release stuff with known issues, with the intent of hot fixing them in the days after release.. Everyone does it, it is a common practice..

The people that have issues with this practice should stay away from computer software of all kinds.. :cool:

Welcome to the software industry.. If you think you can do better.. Start your own company..

It is a common practice to release stuff with known issues, with the intent of hot fixing them in the days after release.. Everyone does it, it is a common practice..

The people that have issues with this practice should stay away from computer software of all kinds.. :cool:

All the while EA read posts like yours and thank themselves there are suckers around who think such a practice is acceptable and willactually pay them money for it. GG.

I know software is complicated - I work for a software company. My post was in response to the one I previously quoted that seemed to imply the only problem was with the QT points not unlocking, and that it wasn't worth holding the patch back just for that.

There was a test server where the patch was implemented before it went live. There were bug reports for stuff that wasn't working on the test server. The patch was implemented on the live servers with previously reported bugs still present.

I don't know what kind of software you're used to using, but not fixing reported problems before you role them out to your paying customers is not good practise. I would venture that when releasing known buggy software, it's not the case that 'everyone does it', and even if it was, it doesn't make it right.

Most/all fixed today with 2.4.0a patch. 2-day turnaround isn't bad. Yes, it'd be nice if they hadn't shipped this way, but when 98% of the stuff you're delivering works, and 1.5% of the stuff that doesn't is cosmetic or low-impact, I still don't think it's worth holding everything up for it. The broken last boss and the wz comms are the only thing I'd think that might qualify for a delay.

Guys, please start your own thread about all complaints like this about EA/BioWare or the entire gaming/software industry, but let's focus on the question that started this in this thread, shall we?:

"Which Quick Travel point get's reset on login?"

Yes, it's the one near the Ops.

And I have it too. Each day anyway, on the same toon.

Could be that it resets upon login, could be after daily reset. Of that I'm not entirely sure.

The quick travel point in the Outpost where you enter Oricon is unlocked by default, and it never gets deleted. The problem only occurs with the quick travel point near the Operations entrance.

When you have unlocked the quick travel point near the Operations entrance and stay logged in, you can quick travel to that point without any problem. but when you logout, that quick travel point is no longer unlocked.

The problem seems to be server-side; the unlock of the bind point does not persist beyond a character session.

Not sure if it helps, but when I log in next to the Quick Travel terminal, the tooltip shows up as "NULL: serverMapNoteID=0".

http://i.imgur.com/3V52IN7.jpg

However, when I walk away from the terminal and come back, the tooltip will show up normally:

http://i.imgur.com/MboXeqW.jpg

Edited by Jerba

• Dev Post

Hi there folks!

First of all, because this thread is not exclusive to #1 below, and because it's appropriate to put all communication about these three issues in one place, I've updated the title of this thread to help folks find it more easily. (Edit: I've decided when I do this, I'll be sure to add a ;) ... so those of you here often will know when I've done this, though I usually prefer to leave your titles in place. )

Now, an update to Quick Travel Terminal woes: we have confirmed three separate issues with Quick Travel Terminals since Game Update 2.4. One is already added and the others will soon be on the Known Issues. They are:

1. The Quick Travel terminal on the bridge of the Dread Fortress on Oricon will lock again within an hour of being discovered.

2. Locked Quick Travel Terminals sometimes do not display the proper icon to indicate that they are undiscovered.

3. Quick Travel Terminals will sometimes display a "NULL" message when scrolling over them, only to display the correct description when visited later. This occurs most frequently on Oricon.
(This happens exactly as described by Jerba above.
:)
)

All three of these are a bit slippery, as the time frame before #1 occurs is not yet fully locked down, though we know that it's under an hour but it's not related to logging out and back in or even to logging into another character and back in. Additionally, #2 and #3 are also not happening with any particular consistency. We're testing and working on fixes for all of them and appreciate your reports and patience!

Edited by AmberGreen

I know software is complicated - I work for a software company. My post was in response to the one I previously quoted that seemed to imply the only problem was with the QT points not unlocking, and that it wasn't worth holding the patch back just for that.

There was a test server where the patch was implemented before it went live. There were bug reports for stuff that wasn't working on the test server. The patch was implemented on the live servers with previously reported bugs still present.

I don't know what kind of software you're used to using, but not fixing reported problems before you role them out to your paying customers is not good practise. I would venture that when releasing known buggy software, it's not the case that 'everyone does it', and even if it was, it doesn't make it right.

to add don't come back , tell us they knew about it on the PTS but let it go live any way . he preetty much did say that .. :( trust me im not upset i just found that ether worded wrong or he ment it , or i would hope not this thought they thought no one would care or would not complain or wait it out . worse wouldnt notice ,, again im not upset and dc , i find it fun right now learning diff routes to that raid and how much i can dodge otw . if I'm not nere the speeder or out of quick travel passes etc for the other quick travel that dies save . but that is gonna ware off soon .

yea my last thought and most of us do this

IF there is a new quick travel or taxxi thats first thing i go for and as does all most eveyone in the game ... just my thought read it anyway you want to ,

Edited by tanktest

For what it's worth, I have not seen a proper hovering light symbol over a single undiscovered quick travel point since the patch - every one of them looks discovered despite not being. Let me know if I can provide any more information.

I agree, I have been levelling on Alderaan, Taris, Quesh and Hoth and I am not seeing any of the undiscovered symbols. This might be universal, unless anyone has any reports to the contrary?

Hovering over the QT point correctly shows me that it is undiscovered and clicking on it unlocks as usual. The minimap shows me the correct symbol for undiscovered.

So, as far as I have seen, it is just the symbol hovering over the top that is missing (as far as bug #2 goes).

2. Locked Quick Travel Terminals sometimes do not display the proper icon to indicate that they are undiscovered.

But, that happens throughout the *whole* games ! Apart from the "main planets", almost every second to fourth quick travel terminal on planets doesn't show *any* icon of being undiscovered !

I agree, I have been levelling on Alderaan, Taris, Quesh and Hoth and I am not seeing any of the undiscovered symbols. This might be universal, unless anyone has any reports to the contrary?

Same here.

They were seemingly never checked on the higher level planets at all.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hovering over the QT point correctly shows me that it is undiscovered and clicking on it unlocks as usual. The minimap shows me the correct symbol for undiscovered.

So, as far as I have seen, it is just the symbol hovering over the top that is missing (as far as bug #2 goes).

Thirded. I'm leveling a Sniper and started noticing the no-icon behavior consistently on Dromond Kass and it's persisted through to Korriban (where I went to grab the datacrons) and now Balmorra.

I also noticed the 'NULL' messages from Amber's #3 point today at the QT point in the Balmorra Cantina. I was thinking about reporting it as a bug, but it looks like someone already has!

Edited by AlixMV