People are still passing the rakghoul plague....

Necrosia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are speculating that the Jawa vendor will come back at some point to cater to the people who never traded their DNA in. Which it probably will, once the remaining infections that are out there die out (sooner or later they will without a source of new ones like the Rakghoul.)

People are speculating that the Jawa vendor will come back at some point to cater to the people who never traded their DNA in. Which it probably will, once the remaining infections that are out there die out (sooner or later they will without a source of new ones like the Rakghoul.)

I'd be willing to venture given the amount of people on Fatman at all times that the plague will never die on this server without GM intervention.

I'd be willing to venture given the amount of people on Fatman at all times that the plague will never die on this server without GM intervention.

Assuming people go to the effort of maintaining it as a group, perhaps, but it is avoidable and will eventually fade when people get tired of blowing up.

so if i got rid of my dna,would i stop getting the annoying rakghoul plague?

Where else can you blow up and upon being resurrected, you have MORE items in your inventory than before? :D

I hope it stays around on our server for a while and I might do what a poster above said and get an alt I barely play to catch it just for run.

I think it's funny, after all everyone magically being cured would have been kinda out of it.

I would have prefered if they kept the news up for a week now saying that tatooine is under control again but I guess you can't have everything, the news terminals only appear for emergencies ;D

A couple of people here are forgetting that PvP is still a strong breeding ground for the rakghoul plague. It's possible the disease could become scarce but it doesn't seem to be dying fast. Getting hit by infected players or accelerating a rakghoul explosion by killing them (which of course has many chances to happen) can lead to one player infecting most of the enemy team and some of their own. The vaccine effect disappears every time you respawn making prevention in PvP very uneconomical over time. Let alone futile to the total eradication of the disease unless everyone surrounding an infected player uses one.

If this was unintended by Bioware, or if they eventually get fed up of it, they can surely rid it of all players with a simple tweak.

A couple of people here are forgetting that PvP is still a strong breeding ground for the rakghoul plague. It's possible the disease could become scarce but it doesn't seem to be dying fast. Getting hit by infected players or accelerating a rakghoul explosion by killing them (which of course has many chances to happen) can lead to one player infecting most of the enemy team and some of their own. The vaccine effect disappears every time you respawn making prevention in PvP very uneconomical over time. Let alone futile to the total eradication of the disease unless everyone surrounding an infected player uses one.

If this was unintended by Bioware, or if they eventually get fed up of it, they can surely rid it of all players with a simple tweak.

I'll venture it was unintended, they probably didn't even think about people still having the debuff and never bothered to write some script or whatever to remove it after the event ended.

And while I'm typing this, I just let my GTN alt stand around long enough to explode, spreading it to all the people at the GTN on my server. Too funny.

I'll venture it was unintended, they probably didn't even think about people still having the debuff and never bothered to write some script or whatever to remove it after the event ended.

And while I'm typing this, I just let my GTN alt stand around long enough to explode, spreading it to all the people at the GTN on my server. Too funny.

Wait for them to remove the vaccine and cause another outbreak! That'd have been so epic!

Sadly, I do not have any plagued alts...Shame.

I killed a guy yesterday in PvP and he exploided but I didn't get infected. The number of people getting infected by someone one in PvP is actually low. I tried to use PvP to do the infect the enemy mission and I was only able to infect upto 1 or 2 enemies at a time. Often I infected none and definitely not 'most of the enemy team and some of their own' like you suggest.

Edited by JerokTalram

It is hilarious and a few years down the road you will recall this as good memory.

I think the whole plague idea is brilliant and hope the plague pass on for months.

I won'nt. Instead I will remember it as the one silly event BioWare did which made no sense at all and was totally out of line with the immersion in the game world.

A couple of people here are forgetting that PvP is still a strong breeding ground for the rakghoul plague.

I had 2 explode last night, one in Huttball and one on Failstar. Funny to see the green explosion still, but it robbed me of a kill both times as they exploded with a bare few hundred hitpoints left. RAWWWWRRRRRR!

Weirdly on my server, Dalborra, the Republic side is clean and well behaved (as it was during the whole event) whilst the imperial side still has people standing at spawn to infect others, a number of them also actively running around looking for the largest number of uninfected players to explode on.

Best way to fix this... you take 20% gear damage for each person you infect from now on. ROFL.

Fantastic event, also funny watching such a tiny minuscule insignificant number of people get all cut up about it.

Edited by Bhaers

Yeah hmm, I actually noticed that my toon was "feverish" when I logged in this morning. Id love to get rid of it...where can I find the cure/vaccine?

Note: Since the event is over, most information about it is gone. Just humor me.

All stim vendors and all medics have the cure.