Problem With Freeloaders

daftshadow

I am aware this issue has been raised before during beta testing but I would like to know if there are any plans to deal with it?

I just arrived on Alderran and one of the first quests that you can get while playing as Republic is to disarm Thul bombs around the Pallista Spaceport. While I was doing the quest, I notice another player in the area sort of lurking around. So I proceeded to attack the mobs at each bomb and managed to diffuse 2/4. At the same area with another quest, you have to repair some relays. As I was attacking the mob around the relay, this player runs up and uses the relay. Making it so that now I have to wait until it respawns back. So I was like ***!?! So I moved on to come back at it later. Continuing on the bomb quest, as soon as I attacked the mob, this player runs up to the bomb and diffuses it. This time I had enough and I began to follow this person. Never say a word to me until I told him/her to kill that mob so that I can use the quest item/marker. I was actually surprised this person did what I told them... lol

Unfortunately it is a curse of current MMO design, and will continue to happen while story objects are free for all and protected by free for all mobs.

For gods sake bioware, I thought you would have learned from every other MMO. Make the story objects available to all players ALL THE TIME. That way someone has to kill the mobs, but noone can "steal" your story object.

/epic_fail

I also dislike mobs that stand around waiting for you to come attack them, or can see you attacking their friends but ignore you.

I am aware this issue has been raised before during beta testing but I would like to know if there are any plans to deal with it?

I just arrived on Alderran and one of the first quests that you can get while playing as Republic is to disarm Thul bombs around the Pallista Spaceport. While I was doing the quest, I notice another player in the area sort of lurking around. So I proceeded to attack the mobs at each bomb and managed to diffuse 2/4. At the same area with another quest, you have to repair some relays. As I was attacking the mob around the relay, this player runs up and uses the relay. Making it so that now I have to wait until it respawns back. So I was like ***!?! So I moved on to come back at it later. Continuing on the bomb quest, as soon as I attacked the mob, this player runs up to the bomb and diffuses it. This time I had enough and I began to follow this person. Never say a word to me until I told him/her to kill that mob so that I can use the quest item/marker. I was actually surprised this person did what I told them... lol

While it is annoying, i don't really see them doing anything about it. It has happend to me quite a few times but oh well. I don't do it to others, but yeah some people are just lazy or rude, maybe a little of both. :D

yea solution are nodes dont have respawn timers...really no point in it when nodes are FIXED in position, one thing when its a random spawn somewhere in area but having nodes take 3-5 minutes to respawn and are fixed in place is really weird. is no need to have these respawnjust have it so everyone can use it and move on.

Nice....made me laugh. Good on ya! Them damn ninjas!