Inequality in CC immunity and objectives

AdmiralParmesan

When the new ability barrier was added to sage/sorc it was considered unfair that they were able to hold the ball while immune to damage. Within this respect a common strategy to capture the huttball in rated is to use a sniper's entrench or an assassins shroud to make them immune to CC guaranteeing the ball capture. However how is this any different different than the sorc/sage barrier?

Its seems a class that is more survivable and equally mobile like assassin or a sniper's "covered escape" that makes the immune to cc/damage during the roll would be much more dangerous with the ball. Is this intentional? or perhaps an oversight?

Should entrench and shroud be nerfed to stay in line with other cc immune abilities?

Edited by AdmiralParmesan

Because the Sniper can still be killed, while Force Barrier makes you completely immune to everything. Also, smoke canister will take them out of Entrench.

however you also can't move while in force barrier not to mention it is on a longer cooldown. Either way force shroud is still stronger than either choice

Edited by AdmiralParmesan

I think that sorcs/sages should atleast be able to hold the ball while using barrier. They can't move so it's not like it would be a free score, it would however be more in line with rolling/leaping/shroud with the ball. The only scenario in which it could be considered OP is in the event of a tie and with only seconds left on the clock. Edited by MidichIorian

Because the Sniper can still be killed, while Force Barrier makes you completely immune to everything. Also, smoke canister will take them out of Entrench.

wow. really? you sure? I never knew that. I knew you could pull them out of cover. I"m actually shocked that there's even one (albeit rare) thing in this game that BW would create to harm a sniper's precious entrench. gawd, I hate that abil.

wow. really? you sure? I never knew that. I knew you could pull them out of cover. I"m actually shocked that there's even one (albeit rare) thing in this game that BW would create to harm a sniper's precious entrench. gawd, I hate that abil.

yea, smoke grenade is a sniper ability. Did you really expect another class to be able to counter them.

Its been like that since launch, and its called Diversion.

Its been like that since launch, and its called Diversion.

i know about diversion. I thought that only took them out of cover and prevented from entering it. didn't think it worked while already entrenched.

Edited by foxmob

Entrench was specifically designed to annoy CC happy people like you :D

Entrench makes you completely CC resistant, yet can be damaged and can still be damaged. Not to mention; if you see a sniper in entrench, you can move out of LOS and leave him to either abandon the entrench, or sit there and pick another target if even available.

The sorce abiity makes them completely immune to everything, yet they can't move and can't fight while its up. Effectively making them an inanimate object. A lot of times, I will see them do this to try to delay until help comes for an objective when they are outnumbered. Usually that means one person goes to cap and the other waits to stun the sorce when they come out.

I think it seems pretty fair with the give and take.

Personally I think shroud, entrench, force speed, hold the line, roll and leap should all drop the ball. Huttball would be a lot more balanced if the game was centered around controlling the map and having proper placement for passing the ball instead of "who can move the ball the quickest by themselves."

Diversion takes a sniper out of cover, though buffs in cover like Entrench aren't taken away until the sniper moves of his own accord. Until then he's still CC immune and after the 6 seconds are up he can reenter cover like nothing happened. If I'm wrong, well.... I know the Entrench buff icon still exists even if you're not in cover.

Personally I think shroud, entrench, force speed, hold the line, roll and leap should all drop the ball. Huttball would be a lot more balanced if the game was centered around controlling the map and having proper placement for passing the ball instead of "who can move the ball the quickest by themselves."

I second this.

I also agree

You do know no one will ever score in this case right ?

edit: aha I might be mistaken, I could see a very good use of Vengance in that way. By removing the fact that the ball can travel with you, you just gave classes that have leap a very big advantage, think about it for a minute.

Edited by znihilist

You do know no one will ever score in this case right ?

edit: aha I might be mistaken, I could see a very good use of Vengance in that way. By removing the fact that the ball can travel with you, you just gave classes that have leap a very big advantage, think about it for a minute.

I mean operatives can roll through the fire if they don't have the ball.

Not only is that OP but its a guaranteed score if you can set it up.