There will NEVER be another Star Wars movie

Tallymon

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It saddens me when people bash him over and over for changing the originals. They were his creations. He is perfecting them to the way he thought they should have been. He IS God in the Star Wars universe.

Actually, he has contradicted himself more than once on the OT. First he said the movies were perfect as they were. Then he did the first revisions and added a couple scenes and some new special effects, including a reaction shot from Greedo. THEN he said they were perfect. And then the latest revisions..... NOW he says THEY are perfect.....

Until the next time he decides to tamper with them again. :p

Actually, he has contradicted himself more than once on the OT. First he said the movies were perfect as they were. Then he did the first revisions and added a couple scenes and some new special effects, including a reaction shot from Greedo. THEN he said they were perfect. And then the latest revisions..... NOW he says THEY are perfect.....

Until the next time he decides to tamper with them again. :p

so basically what your saying GL needs to ask you or anyone of us for permission to make changes to his franchise?

Edited by Jorelle

so basically what your saying GL needs to ask you or anyone of us for permission to make changes to his franchise?

Not at all. Merely pointing out that he does it. Not saying it's right or wrong.

But for reference, he argued, most passionately in front of Congress in 1988, against any such thing being allowed. To preserve films in their original format, as they were intended. I'll leave you to think about that.

Not at all. Merely pointing out that he does it. Not saying it's right or wrong.

But for reference, he argued, most passionately in front of Congress in 1988, against any such thing being allowed. To preserve films in their original format, as they were intended. I'll leave you to think about that.

interesting, sounds like a hippocrit to me but still he can do what ever he wants to them. There is no sacred law saying he cant unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

He was arguing against the colorization of *other* peoples films. films made by people who were dead or in retirement homes or no longer working on their property by that point. He was not arguing against people working or altering or updating their own intellectual property. He was trying to protect filmmakers from big corporations like he always has, the reason he has so much control over star wars was that he hated corporations taking over the work and doing whatever they wanted with someone elses creation.

He was arguing against the colorization of *other* peoples films. films made by people who were dead or in retirement homes or no longer working on their property by that point. He was not arguing against people working or altering or updating their own intellectual property. He was trying to protect filmmakers from big corporations like he always has, the reason he has so much control over star wars was that he hated corporations taking over the work and doing whatever they wanted with someone elses creation.

If the law had passed, it would have prevented him from altering the Star Wars movies. He argued against the alteration of movies in general. Not just other people's works.

there will be new star wars films, ..im sure of it, since starwars=$$$. Maybe it won't be by Lucas, but it could be an swtor trailer animated kind of movie, or something like that.

Not a feature film in the theaters. George has been very clear on that. So unless he changes his mind, it's not going to happen. He even put it in his will so that no more feature films can be made after he dies.

Not a feature film in the theaters. George has been very clear on that. So unless he changes his mind, it's not going to happen. He even put it in his will so that no more feature films can be made after he dies.

Lucas signed Star Wars off to some chic can't rember her name she worked on a lot of big films like Bejaman Button and Jurassic Park so it's up to her if new Star Wars movies come out.

GL acts like a spoiled child. Star Wars is not "his". He's just the creature, and the creation has developt far beyond him. However, I doubt that him saying so will mean that there will never be another Star Wars movie. At some point poor gradfather Lucas won't be around anymore, and do you think the new director of Lucasfilms and Lucasarts, would throw away suchs and posibility to make hell lot of money?

We can very well see another movie, just not one made by Lucas.

GL acts like a spoiled child. Star Wars is not "his". He's just the creature, and the creation has developt far beyond him. However, I doubt that him saying so will mean that there will never be another Star Wars movie. At some point poor gradfather Lucas won't be around anymore, and do you think the new director of Lucasfilms and Lucasarts, would throw away suchs and posibility to make hell lot of money?

We can very well see another movie, just not one made by Lucas.

I suggest you look up the legal procedures necessary to contest a will. Also, you are in fact wrong about Star Wars. It's George's IP, whether we like it or not. Do I agree with it? No. Does that make it any less true? Also no. Sorry, but Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. Plain and simple.

I suggest you look up the legal procedures necessary to contest a will. Also, you are in fact wrong about Star Wars. It's George's IP, whether we like it or not. Do I agree with it? No. Does that make it any less true? Also no. Sorry, but Star Wars belongs to George Lucas. Plain and simple.

I know that it legally "belong" to him, however Star Wars has developt into becoming a whole culture, and no man can "own" a culture. As for the will thing, a will might be forged, if enough money is around...

I know that it legally "belong" to him, however Star Wars has developt into becoming a whole culture, and no man can "own" a culture. As for the will thing, a will might be forged, if enough money is around...

You cannot be serious about the forgery...