Guildfeature: Training in Warzones

Sziroten

Hi all, please let me know your feedback about this idea and if you like it I'd create a post in the suggestion box (with this thread as reference).

The idea is that guilds are able to have free accessibility to warzones for training purposes. This means there is no reward involved except pvp experience (which probably is a much higher reward than commodations/ level experience/ valor) and achievement system will be disabled.

Pro

•  
  • training/ testing new pvp player or giving access to player new to pvp without throwing them into a life game
  • increasing the pvp "skill" player can bring to a warzone which increases the overall satisfaction of pvp player (mainly in random warzones though)
  • testing new tactics together with other guildmates to find strong and weak elements of certain plays
  • training 2 vs. 1 etc.

Contra (you'll let me know)

This probably sounds familiar for anyone ever played on a clan server in FPS games which is pretty much what this is. It's supposed to be a tool to help others, train yourself or just have some fun. The setup would work much the same way. Someone can set which map, probably as well the time etc. to which two groups can access. In this way you also would be able to play a 2 vs. 1 or 3 vs. 1, 4 vs. 4 etc. . Important however is that you can choose which warzone you are going to play.

Accessibility would be the same as if you hook up for a warzone. There could be a second tab in this window (locked for people not in a guild) where the groupleader can adjust the map etc. .

This might open up new opportunities, new ways to experience pvp and I think a much easier entry into pvp than any gear set Bioware gave, will give us etc. but of course, as with free gear, people would have to actually be interested to use it.

I don't expect Bioware to really pick up on this idea (maybe because it's horrible or not working or they don't like it) but seeing as to how long pvp player will have to wait for "something", I'd rather try to give them some ideas which probably doesn't involve that much effort from their site and people would maybe really like it = win/win situation.

So, in case you don't like this idea, keep it civil if possible and if you can give some input as to why you don't like it or what you would want to change I would be really happy to update my post with your suggestions.

Cheers

Edited by Sziroten

more code lines = exponental more bugs BW will implement screwing things up that are not even connected to this.

need of more ressources to host additional WZ instances wich EA will be not willing to grant - as they are currently milking the ***** out of this game.

more code lines = exponental more bugs BW will implement screwing things up that are not even connected to this.

need of more ressources to host additional WZ instances wich EA will be not willing to grant - as they are currently milking the ***** out of this game.

I'd rather have a slightly bugged training zone than none. ;)

The training warzones already exist. You know you don't actually lose anything for losing a WZ?

You aren't getting any better by losing a warzone without someone telling you why (in case you don't know). Entering a warzone usually triggers the need to win or die trying and therefor being able to "train" without any pressure of putting your team on a losing streak by standing continuously on the ledge and being jumped at certainly would be helpful.

To be totally honest, there are more than enough guides etc in the land of youtube. If players are too lazy to search out how to play, then they deserve any abuse thrown at them. However, there are no training manuals for common sense - the route cause of stupid people in warzones

Hi all, please let me know your feedback about this idea and if you like it I'd create a post in the suggestion box (with this thread as reference).

The idea is that guilds are able to have free accessibility to warzones for training purposes.

This is a great idea, but may require a lot of work. I'd be happy enough if they could enable duelling with more than one opponent... maybe in a 16 man raid instance. But if it was out in the open somewhere (plenty of existing planets to make use of), multi-duelling could be used for competitions/entertainment as well. Pvpers, roleplayers, and spectators get a feature they can enjoy.

TPO Viktoria, Dalborra server

To be totally honest, there are more than enough guides etc in the land of youtube. If players are too lazy to search out how to play, then they deserve any abuse thrown at them. However, there are no training manuals for common sense - the route cause of stupid people in warzones

There are trainings for any kind of "sport" for a reason. You usually don't start or abuse a sport event to "train" from scratch. There is no tutorial for pvp except the descriptions you can read in the warzone window, it's not enough and the lack of awareness since launch resulting in the same mistakes happen over and over hasn't changed a bit. No matter which bracket.

More competitive people could also mean that playing against a pre-made is not an automatic lose but sometimes people have to "see" to believe.

This is a great idea, but may require a lot of work. I'd be happy enough if they could enable duelling with more than one opponent... maybe in a 16 man raid instance. But if it was out in the open somewhere (plenty of existing planets to make use of), multi-duelling could be used for competitions/entertainment as well. Pvpers, roleplayers, and spectators get a feature they can enjoy.

TPO Viktoria, Dalborra server

I don't "see" it as a lot of work.

- new interface (possible inside the warzone window)

- free changeable warzones

- disableing of any reward

People have been asking for the second point for how long? Since release? :p

I don't understand why you should use a pve instance to do pvp though :)

Beeing a mainly PvP'ing player, this would be a great addition to pvp in my opinion.

We had several new guild members willing to try pvp with us, but most of them quit pvp after 2-3 wz's, not because of the fact of beeing crushed by the opossing team, but running in an unknown area with no clue of what to do ...

and no reasonable time to explain the basic mechanics to them with ease.

As im originally coming from the shooter genre, i was used to do internal training matches with my clan mates before even trying the first match against another clan team. That gave us the possibility to learn the neuralgic points on each map, to explain the basic tactics to new teammembers or to simply train tactics for those important lock-points on the map.

So i appeal to bioware to give us pvp'ers the possibility to train those warzones with our guildmates !

Great thing would be adding it as guild only feature which would give more value to guilds :)

Edited by xeikonburns

Beeing a mainly PvP'ing player, this would be a great addition to pvp in my opinion.

We had several new guild members willing to try pvp with us, but most of them quit pvp after 2-3 wz's, not because of the fact of beeing crushed by the opossing team, but running in an unknown area with no clue of what to do ...

and no reasonable time to explain the basic mechanics to them with ease.

As im originally coming from the shooter genre, i was used to do internal training matches with my clan mates before even trying the first match against another clan team. That gave us the possibility to learn the neuralgic points on each map, to explain the basic tactics to new teammembers or to simply train tactics for those important lock-points on the map.

So i appeal to bioware to give us pvp'ers the possibility to train those warzones with our guildmates !

Great thing would be adding it as guild only feature which would give more value to guilds :)

Thank you, exactly my thinking

I don't "see" it as a lot of work.

- new interface (possible inside the warzone window)

- free changeable warzones

- disableing of any reward

People have been asking for the second point for how long? Since release? :p

I don't understand why you should use a pve instance to do pvp though :)

I'd be really happy if they took your suggestion Sziroten, but I'm cynical. So rather than ask PVP Dev Santa for the bike, its better to ask him for the bike's bell accessory (and hope he can deliver on that when Christmas arrives). Maybe we'll see an investment on our milk and cookies, one day :)

That said, I enjoy my Swtor experience.

I'd be really happy if they took your suggestion Sziroten, but I'm cynical. So rather than ask PVP Dev Santa for the bike, its better to ask him for the bike's bell accessory (and hope he can deliver on that when Christmas arrives). Maybe we'll see an investment on our milk and cookies, one day :)

That said, I enjoy my Swtor experience.

I'd be already happy if someone would comment if they like/ don't like this idea :p

The idea is that guilds are able to have free accessibility to warzones for training purposes. This means there is no reward involved except pvp experience (which probably is a much higher reward than commodations/ level experience/ valor) and achievement system will be disabled.

Pro

•  
  • training/ testing new pvp player or giving access to player new to pvp without throwing them into a life game
  • increasing the pvp "skill" player can bring to a warzone which increases the overall satisfaction of pvp player (mainly in random warzones though)
  • testing new tactics together with other guildmates to find strong and weak elements of certain plays
  • training 2 vs. 1 etc.

This probably sounds familiar for anyone ever played on a clan server in FPS games which is pretty much what this is. It's supposed to be a tool to help others, train yourself or just have some fun. The setup would work much the same way. Someone can set which map, probably as well the time etc. to which two groups can access. In this way you also would be able to play a 2 vs. 1 or 3 vs. 1, 4 vs. 4 etc. . Important however is that you can choose which warzone you are going to play.

Accessibility would be the same as if you hook up for a warzone. There could be a second tab in this window (locked for people not in a guild) where the groupleader can adjust the map etc. .

This might open up new opportunities, new ways to experience pvp and I think a much easier entry into pvp than any gear set Bioware gave, will give us etc. but of course, as with free gear, people would have to actually be interested to use it.

I don't expect Bioware to really pick up on this idea (maybe because it's horrible or not working or they don't like it) but seeing as to how long pvp player will have to wait for "something", I'd rather try to give them some ideas which probably doesn't involve that much effort from their site and people would maybe really like it = win/win situation.

So, in case you don't like this idea, keep it civil if possible and if you can give some input as to why you don't like it or what you would want to change I would be really happy to update my post with your suggestions.

Cheers

I would really like to see this feature, it would be a godsend for explaining strategies to people and practicing general maneuvers