Light Side Sith Inquisitor

Varranto

Hi !

I'm recently thinking about it , would it be still cool history ?

It's not about to be hipster or something , just it interest me a lot . I always was "loyal" to force side that my characters were . For example , when I played my Assassin I had choose dark side points , but now I want something new , like sorcerer that possessed sith powers and he just can't bring death to innocent people . That , he'd seeking his own path, to use his powers to bring justice , make sith Empire "better Republic" ... And now I'm asking You , would light side inquisitor storyline be like that ? Or it just can't be done ?

Edited by Varranto

All the stories can be played LS or DS while still making sense. OK, the BH stretches if a bit, but still.... ;)

I have a LS inquisitor and the story plays out just fine without things feeling odd. That being said, he didn't turn out as LS as my warrior, but that could just be me and my rp characterization. My warrior is my only fully LS character in the game--and that includes my jedi, lol. As for which is more suitable--both are equally suitable, IMO. Play both. Both are really fun.

Edited by errant_knight

My sorc is mostly lightside and the story seems more 'natural' to me.

Whilst i don't roleplay loads in my mind i had the idea of my sorc having had a kind master whilst been a slave so that even after his training he remembers how the small acts of kindness and understanding made him feel.

That said I have noticed that alot of the lightside choices seem to benefit the Empire more and whilst it doesn't make you a good person it makes your character have a more stable mental state.

I play a LS SI and I'm having fun with it. To me it's a case of being impacted by the origin and vowing to never be like those superiors who treated the SI like crap. And when the SI gains some authority, there's the moment of realizing that at one time the roles were flipped.

You're the slave who would be king. You were forced to either be Sith or die. You have no love for the Empire but the Jedi would never accept you. While your life has been difficult, there is opportunity now, to change the status quo and break the chains that bind you, one day freeing the Empire from itself.

Light sided Inquisitors are awesome. But still shock people now and then.

You're the slave who would be king. You were forced to either be Sith or die. You have no love for the Empire but the Jedi would never accept you. While your life has been difficult, there is opportunity now, to change the status quo and break the chains that bind you, one day freeing the Empire from itself.

This is perfect description.

It isn't really light side. He/She is dark sider who is reasonable. You still have to work for the Empire and

build a weapon off mass destruction. The most hilarious fact is that you can say that you have absolutely no desire to help empire, but will help build the weapon, cos "you are bored".

It isn't really light side. He/She is dark sider who is reasonable. You still have to work for the Empire and

build a weapon off mass destruction. The most hilarious fact is that you can say that you have absolutely no desire to help empire, but will help build the weapon, cos "you are bored".

If that's the case, you could say the appropriate opposite for the DS JC and JK given that premise.

Well to be fair, the game just doesn't give you a chance to be accepted by the Jedi. It just goes with the thinking "You rolled empire you say no to joining the republic"

I have a light Assassin.

What it looks like to me is that the Inquisitor and the Consular were set up to go dark side, while the Knight and the Warrior were set up to go light. It fits their backstory, story set up, and companions.

Remember though, that Imperial Light Side isn't about being good or merciful. It's mainly about putting the Empire before yourself.

I have a light Assassin.

What it looks like to me is that the Inquisitor and the Consular were set up to go dark side, while the Knight and the Warrior were set up to go light. It fits their backstory, story set up, and companions.

Remember though, that Imperial Light Side isn't about being good or merciful. It's mainly about putting the Empire before yourself.

I totally disagree with Inquisitor being dark side. If anything all points to Warrior being dark and Inquisitor is rather open. Both alignment Inquisitors work just fine, you do not miss anything big going one way or another (opposed to warrior who gets extra going dark side). I do agree about not thinking light side Inquisitor being LS Jedi.

I have a light Assassin.

Really? So far on my Consular, she seems very much setup to go light side. Admittedly leveling my Consular is a slow process, but going planet to planet to cure Jedi Masters at the cost of her own strength. Seems very much the lightside way to go.

I totally disagree with Inquisitor being dark side. If anything all points to Warrior being dark and Inquisitor is rather open. Both alignment Inquisitors work just fine, you do not miss anything big going one way or another (opposed to warrior who gets extra going dark side). I do agree about not thinking light side Inquisitor being LS Jedi.

i understand where you are going with the "extra" for going darkside, but both are viable for LS, and IMO the sith warrior promotes at least ending in LS.

During the Tatooine questline for the warrior, depending upon your alignment you meet an opposite aligned version of yourself that tries to convert you to that alignment. Whether or not you choose to do so aside, no other class that i'm aware of even gets a scene close to this. Also choosing LS jaesa opens up a whole subplot about reforming the empire from within and under the nose of most of your companions (i think vette is aware but i know Pierce is not)

as for the Inquisitor, i can see both DS and LS. i have one of each, my LS justification is the same as everyone has said, i was forced to be a sith or die, i like living but i intend to try and do as much good as i can while focusing on my self preservation. The empire tortures my fellow slaves and i wish to help them if i can by trying to make the empire a better place for all.

my DS on the other hand is I was a slave who has recently gotten the chance to break free and gain power over those who supressed me. I'm not interested in the empire nor its success, what i care about is personal power so i may torment those who tormented me for all my life and so i will never again be at the mercy of others, the only way to do that is to rule the galaxy myself. I play everyone into thinking i'm what they want me to be, but the real me craves power and domination.

Really? So far on my Consular, she seems very much setup to go light side. Admittedly leveling my Consular is a slow process, but going planet to planet to cure Jedi Masters at the cost of her own strength. Seems very much the lightside way to go.

Consular actually gets a pretty "easy" in-character path to the Dark Side in its intro...it's pretty natural to figure that after all that hunting after Rajivari's legacy, a Consular might have chosen to embrace his philosophy. If so, then the story becomes focused not on saving the individual masters, but on preserving the strength of the order and stopping the plaguemaster.

To be sure, my warrior is fairly new, but from what I've seen:

1. (backstory) Warriors have honor as an important feature of their lives. Not necessarily a light side trait, but trending towards restraint and mercy, which would be light.

2. (gameplay) The Warrior gets Vette as a first companion, who generally influences them towards light.

3. (backstory/gameplay mix) Sith Warriors seem to be expected to put the good of the empire before their own welfare, which in the game trends toward light.

I just hit 50 with my light Shadow.

1. (gameplay) Consulars get Qyzen as a first companion. Qyzen wants bloodbaths (dark). Every time I had him fight with me against a boss, he was disappointed I didn't kill them, except for

the one Jedi's daughter who he wanted to live.

2. (gameplay) Consulars get Theran as healer companion.

Theran is a coward (dark), and seems to despise the Jedi Order

(tends towards dark).

The Inquisitor, as we know, was a slave.

1. (backstory) She's going to care very little for the Empire as a whole, and look out mainly for number one (dark)

2. (gameplay) Inquisitors get a

very dark first companion, then are later joined by a pirate

, neither of whom particularly care for the light.

I'm not saying that you can't play a light consular/inquisitory (I have both) or a dark Warrior. I'm saying that it looks like they were constructed to usually go that way.

It's been a while since I did that story, but from what I remember, Darth Thanatos was against building such a weapon, in the first place. The Moffs knowing that you opposed Darth Thanatos, offered their backing to you, as long as you helped them complete the weapon, which they knew you could because your cult had access to a chip they needed. So you scratched their back, and they eventually repay you by helping you beat Thanatos in the Kargath on Corellia.

Honestly the whole SI story line is about using people. You force Khem into service. You use Andronikus to help you locate an artifact. You use a Sith lord on Taris to recruit Ashara, then you use her to lead you to the force ghost that you wish to bind. You use your cult for the chip, and resources on Nar Shadda. You use Talos to help you locate another force ghost. You use the moffs to help you against Thanatos. You use the force ghosts to defeat Thanatos once and for all. Heck you even use your master once she's in Khem Val for her knowledge. Even the Voss who wish you gone from their world the minute you arrive get used for their knowledge, along with the Gormak ghost walker. They all get used. Whether you actually make it worth their time, or just toss them aside is your call. I know there are others that I'm missing who get used by the SI as well, but suffice to say that pretty much everything the SI does is for selfish reasons to further his or her own goal. So building a weapon for the Empire even if you hate them for making you a slave, and being racist towards aliens isn't with out selfish cause.

We all do things mostly because of selfish reasons and to get ourselves to wanted direction*. We can do it they way that all feel they got a good deal or then less cooperative manners. Almost all "use" other people.

The fact is that, before the Silencer you can be pretty nice guy (You don't have to do any Empire missions), almost light side with the difference that you want more personal power, but helping to

build weapon of incredible power is just too reckless for anyone playing as light side as possible.

That is where I stopped doing even class missions.

* Even if our goal is law enforcement, health care or other profession where we directly help others.

Edited by FINNT

We all do things mostly because of selfish reasons and to get ourselves to wanted direction*. We can do it they way that all feel they got a good deal or then less cooperative manners. Almost all "use" other people.

The fact is that, before the Silencer you can be pretty nice guy (You don't have to do any Empire missions), almost light side with the difference that you want more personal power, but helping to

build weapon of incredible power is just too reckless for anyone playing as light side as possible.

That is where I stopped doing even class missions.

* Even if our goal is law enforcement, health care or other profession where we directly help others.

You stopped doing class missions there? Able to continue on by doing that?

Nope (Of course you can level up by grind, but you weren't propably thinking about that). It stays there. Continuance wouldn't fit anyway for conversations I had with Ashara (in my opinion).

I have 7 other characters and artiface already at 400 so it ain't so big deal.