Hm ec bug?

Last night we fought HM Firebrand/Stormcaller as we do every week. The healer on the ground for Firebrand was clensing the yellow pillar that appears and would step aside to avoid the incoming damage. The issue we were running into was that the yellow pillar would not stay stationary on the ground, but would disappear completely. A few seconds later, the healer would get rocked for around 10k by missiles and then the electric spire would drop like normal. Is the yellow pillar disappearing after a clense a known bug or has anyone else run into this issue?

I have seen the same thing actually. (My run this week was the first time I had seen it.)

Typically, I am the healer on Firebrand's side so I am used to dropping the missiles/pillars. However, this week, I was healing Stormcaller's side. I noticed that the healer over on Firebrand was taking a lot more damage than I typically take when I am over there, so I asked him about it and he told me that when he was cleansing the pillars, it was simply disappearing and then a few seconds later he would get hit by a missile no matter where he was standing.

In one of our pulls, it actually killed the other healer, so I jumped down off of Stormcaller, and immediately got the pillar... cleansed myself, moved, the pillar flat out disappeared, and sure enough, 3 or 4 seconds later, I got nailed by the missile.

Never seen that happen before.

AND... as far as I know, the "bug" about the pillar dropping under the shield, comes from when you don't DPS Stormcaller fast enough to 80/60/40/20 and an extra pillar gets dropped. (You have to hit those 20% milestones in less time than it takes for Stormcaller to start channeling his second Double Destruction.) Typically it's ON Stormcaller, but if your Healer/DPS have already jumped down, because the timing can be really close sometimes and the voiceover for "Offensive Systems" can have already started, it will hit them wherever they are.

That's very interesting. I heal it a lot and have never encountered it. The only bug I am aware of is a bubble landing inside the shield and damaging it. I'll run it later on to see if i encounter it.

I've seen the lignthning land in the bubble if the SC tank a) goes under a shield himself, b) dies, c) jumps back on SC too early or d) gets too close to the shield while circling. D has gotten us once or twice because I usually do a wide circle around and have clipped the FB bubble when it's in front on occasion with the first one and the SC bubble when it's on the front or side part way through my trip around because I wasn't paying close enough attention.

If either the OP, or myself, or the other healer on my HM EC run were cleansing the tank (or other player) instead of ourselves, the pillar wouldn't magically disappear. It would stay yellow, uncleansed. However, what's happening, is that when the healer cleanses himself, the pillar goes away, then you are auto-hit some seconds later by the missile, even if you've moved.

I frequently heal on the ground, and while I haven't seen exactly what you're describing (I think), I do often notice that the yellow circle and the debuff sometimes won't correctly animate. I'll notice the yellow beam hit me (which is what applies the circle) and for some seconds while there is no circle, I do have a debuff (that I can see ticking down) that is clear, as in a transparent box. The circle and the debuff will usually correctly animate before the missiles go out, but not by very much. For a rookie healer there or someone distracted by anything, it'd be pretty easy to miss a cleanse.

My best defense is the timing. I pretty much just know when abouts the yellow circle happens, so if I think I should have it and don't see it, I check my debuffs for a clear box, lol. I'm smarter than you, game!