What made you choose your Class?

HumbleJedi

Im interested in hearing how everyone chose their respective classes and the choices they made to become who they became.

ie: Dark Jedi, Pure Jedi, Sith etc etc

My reason for becoming a Jedi, was becuase i was so thrilled about watching the Star Wars movies and playing the games, that i always wanted to be a Jedi myself.

When playing one of the Star wars games, i was always pickin the right choices which lead to Light Side Cookies :p

I dont think ive done a thing wrong so far.

I was going to roll a Sentinel but my mate who got me this game always plays darkside. I rolled a Marauder, was going to spec Annhilation because I like having self heals for survivability, but he rolled a Bounty Hunter. Wanting to level up together I decided to roll a Bounty Hunter as well. I told him I liked the choice of being able to heal so I picked Mercenary and he went Powertech.

Since Darth Maul was so cool in the movie, I rolled a Sin. Of course my idea and Biowares idea of the class has seen a love/hate relationship with the amount of nerfs and 're-balancing' made since launch.

Recently, I rolled a Commando and enjoying it but like the post above, rolled a Mara and actually having bags of fun. Unless you have a good healer behind you, you can get burnt down pretty quick but it's actually a good class and no, I am not a LOLSmash!

I originally first made an inquisitor cause..... you know... force lightning.

But at about level 10 I decided that I really made his face really obnoxious (half closed eyes and bored expression) so I deleted him and proceeded to make a Sentinel when I learned that this was a dual wielding class.

After that I got jealous of commandos so I made one. Then I got jealous of the jedi knights and so I made one, then I got jealous of the Shadows and I made one.

I am quite happy with that Shadow now.

Edited by Azoton

I'm bi-factional:

Jedi Sage: I enjoy healing in the MMOs I do and The Sage has always struck me as the perma-lightside kinda character. Im a good person and I heal the wounds of others; it's a win-win! :Dd

Imperial Sniper: Absolutely LOVING the storyline so far and my Agent is only level 11ish right now. Im excited for whats to come later on in her story. Plus, Im enjoying the "lol" moments as a Light-sided Imperial. (I already got a lecture from Keeper about how "soft" I was. Jerk. >>)

Originally I was going to play trooper. But after having to deal with Aric Jorgan I decided to try Imperial agent. I picked agent because I liked the idea of being in the SIS. For my other characters. After finishing the agent storyline. I did the inquister. Im finishing up the smuggler and I just started a jedi knight. So far the agent is still my favorite. on a side note I found that I still had my agents exotech chestpiece in my cargo hold. needless to say im using it again

The group that talked me into playing the game said guilds always need healers, so I had decided to roll a Sage. However, durning beta I did not want to spoil the Sage story, so I played around with a smuggler sawbones. Also picked female and Mirialan because I figure there was no way I would play either at launch. Feel in love with the smart aleck little Mirialan and recreated her at launch and have been playing her ever since. She is my main and always will be.

Smuggler is still my favorite class (not favorite story, but class), have a female slinger at 55 too. 2nd toon to 50 was a shadow, I did finally got my Sage Seer to 55 last week.

Ive always gone for the hard hitting spike damage types in every game. It reflects my personality a lot to be honest. So I chose Sentinel because of the in your face type gamestyle it offers.

Little did I know that it was going to be as difficult and challenging as it was. Ive always taken to DPS classes rather easily. But the Sentinel has been a challenge and a great pain in the ***. But I feel like Im a better player because of it.

Recently I picked up a Sage as an Alt and Im actually rather shocked at the difference (not just the obvious gameplay difference) between difficulty. As a Sentinel there were times where I faced off against an Elite and died rather quickly, died within a hit or two of killing the Elite or simply barely getting by. But as a Sage being able to self heal while slipping in hits to the Elite Im able to walk away from those fights with decent HP leftover.

This has made me value the struggle that was raising my Sentinel up to level cap. And that struggle has influenced my choices in game towards Lightside choices. Mostly because theyre the harder choices to make. The Darkside ones always seem to be the easiest and most 'logical' choices considering the circumstances. So the hard time Ive had mastering the Melee DPS Class of the Republic has driven me to make the harder choice of going with Lightside Choices.

Im interested in hearing how everyone chose their respective classes and the choices they made to become who they became.

My reason for becoming a Jedi, was becuase i was so thrilled about watching the Star Wars movies and playing the games, that i always wanted to be a Jedi myself.

When playing one of the Star wars games, i was always pickin the right choices which lead to Light Side Cookies :p

My first was SW because I was interested in the Sith story and I went with jugg cuz that was the iconic start.

I selected then shadow cuz I wanted to play a Jedi, and I was interested in the double saber.

The it was sentinel, based on function more than lore, as I was looking for a strong dps PvP class and also interested in the story.

The I selected my sorc based on function, as I was looking to make a healer, and merc and ops did not interest me.

Everything after that was function. My next was PT based on performance in PvP.

I have a little of roleplaying involved, dated as far back as during Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds was popular and I was one of the active RP forummers there.

I RP-ed a Hayrel Nickel, former Dark Jedi who abandoned the "secret" academy and joined the Empire as a Stormtrooper, met Luke during the Battle of Endor who managed to lure him to the lightside and to his Jedi Academy years later. As he grows stronger in the Force, he found brainwashed memories of him being a clone of another Hayrel Nickel, The Emperor's Wrath in the old republic era.

That needed a new beginning to the story, so I created his father, an Imperial Agent named Izzel who have always wanted the best for the Empire (which made him lean towards light side), married the Agent's companion Raina Temple who then gave birth to twins.

Captain Zhèl Nickel, now a Smuggler after being kidnapped by pirates at the age of seven, and Hayrel Nickel who was sent for Sith training after being discovered as force-sensitive at a young age, which made sense with Raina Temple's little secret.

So my main, Hayrel Nickel, is a Sith Juggernaut tank that shares most of his father's personalities. For the betterment of the Empire.

I love to tank and did research on the different classes a time of Beta and I found the assassin to be my favorite class, but over time that has changed. I have played all the classes and my main is a Juggernaut Tank

Why Juggy Tank

1) I love to tank

2) I love his companions and they all fit with his dark personality, I like guardian...but hate most of the guardians companions.

3) The way I play my SIth: Honorable Warrior that has no time for weakness.

He is not a lunatic darkside and doesnt kill for no reason, but if he beats you in a fight or you lose your ability to be useful, death is only the natural progression. :cool:

4) Freedom: I feel when i play my jedi I make always the "right" choice with my Juggy......he just does what makes sense at the time, sometimes he can be nice but he will suck the mandalorians out of the air lock everytime.

I have a little of roleplaying involved, dated as far back as during Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds was popular and I was one of the active RP forummers there.

I RP-ed a Hayrel Nickel, former Dark Jedi who abandoned the "secret" academy and joined the Empire as a Stormtrooper, met Luke during the Battle of Endor who managed to lure him to the lightside and to his Jedi Academy years later. As he grows stronger in the Force, he found brainwashed memories of him being a clone of another Hayrel Nickel, The Emperor's Wrath in the old republic era.

That needed a new beginning to the story, so I created his father, an Imperial Agent named Izzel who have always wanted the best for the Empire (which made him lean towards light side), married the Agent's companion Raina Temple who then gave birth to twins.

Captain Zhèl Nickel, now a Smuggler after being kidnapped by pirates at the age of seven, and Hayrel Nickel who was sent for Sith training after being discovered as force-sensitive at a young age, which made sense with Raina Temple's little secret.

So my main, Hayrel Nickel, is a Sith Juggernaut tank that shares most of his father's personalities. For the betterment of the Empire.

I wanted to do somthing like that with my sullustan jedi from SWG and link the 2 characters, but obviously there were some species issues.

There have been two classes I wasn't interested in when the game was in the news: Agent and Smuggler.

At launch I tried many classes. On IMP side I started with an agent, i don't know why.

I didn't like the Jedi. I was bored of the Trooper story.

Then I tried the Smuggler, because I liked my Sniper. And it was fun.

Now I play a marksman sniper, a concealment operative + a gunslinger and a scrapper smuggler.

Four character of the classes I wasn't interested in... when BioWare started promoting the game.

Edited by discbox

I wanted to shoot lightning out of my fingers so my first class choice was obvious.

Pretty much this.

Longer version:

I played warlock seriously in WoW, figured sorc was the closest I'd get to recreating that warlock feel. Eventually rerolled sniper when it became apparent post-2.0 that sorc DPS was in bad shape. Ended up really enjoying sniper, go figure, but I do miss the lightning on occasion :(

What I don't miss is being twi'lek, though. As soon as recustomization came out I changed my sorc to chiss to match my sniper and never looked back.

#blueberrylyfe

I have many inspirations for my characters. Sometimes based on characters from movies or characters from my favorite books. My main (Well.. was my main), and favorite, was my Assasin (deleted him Pre-Legacy) who was based on a character I made for the old Star Wars PnP (Pencil and Paper) RPG. I hand drew him, and labeled him a "Sith Assasin" and named him Kheldryn. Then SWTOR came along, I saw the Sith Pureblood Race, played around with appearance options and remarkably came up with something that looked almost identical to my drawing (which was made in 93) and made him an Assasin and named him Kheldryn. As he was intended to be "evil" I made him Dark Side which as an inquisitor, really is fun.

Mind, Now I have to eventually remake him.. never should have deleted him.. but at the time we couldn't change their appearance after creation.. and I found that I didn't like the details on his skin so deleted him to "Fix" him..ended up re-rolling him as a Juggernaut (Changed servers so had to rename him), as my Shadow has his name on the new server. So I'll have to change my shadows name then Rename my current assasin and change his race to Sith Pureblood (He's currently a Cathar)

My first character was a Jedi Guardian. My reason for choosing it was because in all other MMOs my first character was always a healer and this time I wanted something different :). I went "pure" (LS5) because it felt right.

After that I went sawbones smuggler and fell back on my healer role. I went neutral with him because while he often does the right thing, greed gets in the way.

Then I played BH merc and again went full LS mainly because too many of the DS choices were too psychopathic for my taste.

I then started a SI sin and tried full DS, but only got to the end of chapter one. Maybe someday I will finish him

I next leveled a slightly DS Jedi Sage, her vehement dislike for the empire made her kill all imperials regardless of rank and level of involvement. Otherwise she always did the right thing.

My latest 55 in a LS4 commando because it was so easy to be the good little soldier and follow orders...if those orders did not hurt civilians.

My newest character is a gunslinger. I plan on taking her dark but we'll see; I've already made some LS choices because they were more in line with thumbing my nose at authority.

As you can probably tell, I'm an altoholic. Funny thing is that this is the first MMO I have ever truly enjoyed making alts. All other MMOs I've played, I made alts only because there was nothing to do on my main.

Edited by psandak

I started playing at launch. My first character was a powertech - I liked the idea of heavy armor with tech weapons and bounty hunting sounded fun, but mainly I didn't want to be one of the million jedi that I figured everybody would be playing. I got him to level 24, got really tired of weak damage output, and gave in to my desires of a dual sabre jedi like I loved in KOTOR. I rolled a sentinel and took him all the way to 50, never looking back at my powertech (he's still at 24).

By this point, I had decided that I liked republic more than empire. Feeling slightly bad about not finishing my powertech, I decided to go with a vanguard trooper (repub equivalent of PT). I took him all the way to 50.

Next, I had always wanted to try a sage. I got him to the mid 20s about the time of some double XP weekends hitting. By the end, I had a sage to 50. I like ranged dps, occasional heals. This is probably my favorite character overall.

By this point, I was really getting into pvp. Seeing stealth characters own in 1v1, I made a shadow. By the end of the next double XP weekend, my shadow was to 50.

Those are my main characters. In-between, I have played a little bit of every advanced class on the repub side except guardian and scoundrel (currently thinking about starting each of those). On the imp side, I have tried everything except operative and marauder. So really, the only advanced class that I have no exposure to is scoundrel / operative. With the 2.6 patch, I think I know what I'm going to do next.

Edited by teclado