Legacy Question

Talon_Starfire

How can a Sith Pureblood and a Chiss share the same legacy if there not ven the same species?

Thanks

While the Legacy system allows for Rivals and Allies, I get the feeling, that much like me (and I could be wrong on this), you see the last name feature and think that's just silly to use. Rivals and allies having the same last name.

Sooo...here's what I did!

Miriluka (Miraluka?) Consular is the start of my legacy (not my main and very low level)

Adopted Chiss daughter (kidnapped and made into a slave and then taken by the Sith due to force abilities...basically the given storyline).

Her other children are Cyborgs that I see as Half Human/Half Miriluka, so that explains why they have eyes (as nothing I've seen in lore says half breed Mirilukas still lack eyes...though could just say they're cybernetic eyes)

You don't have to use legacy as a surname, you can have "Mr Chiss, the Sith Pureblood legacy" for example. That shows they are linked via legacy, but not family.

But yes, I agree and think Legacy was a stupid implimentation.

True...but I see that option always there, and logging into any new character and the last name is there. And if I don't use it, then my character doesn't have a last name except in my head, and it's not like there's a bio option for your character :(

Though, I find the legacy system fun, as I went about trying to figure out how I wanted to make the family tree work, trying to combine in the storylines with it in some fashion. :)

I do wish you can display your companions on the Legacy tree when/if you get to the "Lets get married!" option.

my only problem with this legacy system is that once you put a character between two others, all other choices except child or adopted child are locked. that bugs the crap out of me.... grr. no clue why they would do that.

anyway... interspecies relations are all over the place. also, it's a huge galaxy, there's gonna be some family names repeated somewhere. like with mine, some of my characters aren't related, they're just allies/rivals. but of course they share the same last name. it's just like last names irl.

my only problem with this legacy system is that once you put a character between two others, all other choices except child or adopted child are locked. that bugs the crap out of me.... grr. no clue why they would do that.

anyway... interspecies relations are all over the place. also, it's a huge galaxy, there's gonna be some family names repeated somewhere. like with mine, some of my characters aren't related, they're just allies/rivals. but of course they share the same last name. it's just like last names irl.

True. But the odds of allies/rivals having your same last name? :p But no, if it works for you, go with it. It just didn't work for /me/, which is why I came up with a whole background for my legacy and the family tree.

Now only if they'd let me say what planet they come from, and then didn't treat my characters like they had never been on Corellia :p

Jupp, I've come across that bugg as well. Mighty irritating.

my only problem with this legacy system is that once you put a character between two others, all other choices except child or adopted child are locked. that bugs the crap out of me.... grr. no clue why they would do that..

This ^ I'd appreciate it if they relaxed the tree structure into something a little more web-like, not just to free up characters trapped between two others but also go into more details about how each is connected. My main character is adopted by a Zabrak bounty hunter but is the biological daughter of a Jedi Knight, but the two are not married, they're rivals, and I can't quite show the full triangle that is my complicated legacy family.

On another note, I couldn't resist this thread because I have a Sith pureblood and Chiss as adopted siblings.