HK-51 for leveling

chris_rw

Hello all. I have a level 25 Inquisitor that I'm loving. I'm pondering paying for a legacy HK-51 to be my companion. Has anyone tried it? Does it seem viable? I'm a healing spec sorcerer, so I've been using Khem as my tank. I'm wondering how having a non-tanking companion would work for my healer. If he's geared, will be be viable as a semi-tank?

Also, did they implement companion dialog in cutscenes for the HKs? When Khem would chime in, do the HKs instead?

Hello all. I have a level 25 Inquisitor that I'm loving. I'm pondering paying for a legacy HK-51 to be my companion. Has anyone tried it? Does it seem viable? I'm a healing spec sorcerer, so I've been using Khem as my tank. I'm wondering how having a non-tanking companion would work for my healer. If he's geared, will be be viable as a semi-tank?

Also, did they implement companion dialog in cutscenes for the HKs? When Khem would chime in, do the HKs instead?

I did that on a new Inquisitor I made, it won't be super powerful, but he'll still be viable. Since he's all ranged dps, he has no tanking stance like Khem does, so you can easily switch between Khem and HK-51 if you want.

And as for the dialog, unless they recorded a bunch of dialog for HK-51, he won't chime in.

My Assassin is Tank based (also lvl 25 now, but got HK at 23)

since I'm already tanking, Khem isn't really needed... (and his dps isn't... all that great)

so I got HK... and love it! although he's not really geared (all his lvl 50 stuff can't be used) I have to make my own...

although I'm cybertech, I can't really make any decent parts until lvl 30... which is a downer... but other than that, he's pretty good as a dps, while I tank... many times by the time I get a mob of 5 around me, 2 of them are already dead...