Marriage and kids?

Yermog

No, I'm not thinking of Mongols, actually. Wouldn't cross my mind. I was thinking of Sioux or Cheyenne, rather. And didn't say there wasn't "time involved". What I said was that Mandalorians aren't going to be overly disrupted as they have children and move from place to place. What WE think of as a "stable upbringing" isn't neccessarily the same as they would.

ahh, i was thinking mongols, but thier women usually stay at camp

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Kira calls the male Knight "Tough guy", and it even gives you a convo option once when she says that to say "Why is it whenever you call me Tough Guy, there's usually kissing involved?" or something. THAT never gets old. :D Edited by Captain_Zone

As for the other races, there are definitely sith part bloods in Star Wars lore. Also half-Zabrek and half-Miralan.

Could you please point me out where do we find actual and "lore-wise" mentioning of half-mirialan? Also - which was non-mirialanian part? Only thing I found was that in "death star" there was a fem mirialan+human romance line, but it did not involve any kids, afair.

Thrawn is repeatedly described as "mixed race". (Supposedly human/some kind of alien - possibly Nogrhi according to early source books, although the Noghri is just rumored.) Star Wars later decided that Thrawn was "Chiss"

I've never heared about him as about anything but Chiss, but such things can happen in EU, I guess. Existing "lore" is sometimes kinda "fixed" and initial versions are forgotten, for some purposes.

I've heard that games have really funny rules about children and violence. Even M-rated games have regulations about child slaughter. There was gonna be a PVP game at some point featuring children at a playground fighting and even that got cancelled.

That means that I can never see children as fighting companions, since they'd have the possibility of dying.

What I CAN see, though, is non-combat child pets that you can customize (like a legacy, sandbox feature). That way you can make them your same race and have features like same hair and eyes. Maybe there would be cool social gear and emotes to come with them. You can bring them out and show them off at fleet. Otherwise they hang out on your ship.

Also they could give you a buff when out during combat, even though they can't get attacked. Maybe something like "protective instinct" that increases your damage done a bit.

Edited by Stenrik

• 1 month later...
What I CAN see, though, is non-combat child pets that you can customize (like a legacy, sandbox feature). That way you can make them your same race and have features like same hair and eyes. Maybe there would be cool social gear and emotes to come with them. You can bring them out and show them off at fleet. Otherwise they hang out on your ship.

Also they could give you a buff when out during combat, even though they can't get attacked. Maybe something like "protective instinct" that increases your damage done a bit.

That....actually sounds pretty cool. I've usually been in favor of the 'not including children in game' side. But this could actually be done, and wouldn't be too difficult. As long as they had a time lapse in-between, it could be done.

Kids are usually something saved for the fanfics, but this sounds like it could be implemented in-game. Put this in the suggestion box, I say.

I think that if they were going to implement kids, they'd have to have some sort of story arc first which would lead up to it. As shown on this thread alone, there's plenty of players who don't want a kid. So, having that story arc could allow those who might like having a kid to have an option to get one, and those who don't to not get one.

Then there could be two other arcs after that, one for people who had a kid and one for those who didn't. That way there would be equal content available for both groups and neither one will be saying "They got extra stuff!"

Of course, if they were to do this, it probably wouldn't be for a few more years. They're still pretty new in the world of MMO's. Only 6 months in June. This is looking forward into the future by quite a bit.

what id LOVE to see, i posted elsewhere, but this thread is best for it, is second gen class toons. instead of playing the IDENTICAL gauntlet your toon's parents had, play the class in it's own unique plotline a generation ahead. Maybe even have subtle differences based on choices the parent made. it could explain why theres so few LI choices for the first gen: maybe theyre just the begining, and you're really suposed to play as the next gen, with a much more elaborate universe to play in.

Am I the only one who realizes that you can't create two parents in legacy? You can create a spouse, but not have the children come from the two characters, it needs to be one or the other. I'm assuming that the kids come from the companion, then, reguardless of the character's marital status.

• 4 months later...
Am I the only one who realizes that you can't create two parents in legacy? You can create a spouse, but not have the children come from the two characters, it needs to be one or the other. I'm assuming that the kids come from the companion, then, reguardless of the character's marital status.

I did actually notice that when I attempted to have two of my characters get married and have kids (in the Legacy window). When I realized that only one character could be the parent, I decided to not have the two characters married. It sort of took the fun out for me.

I'm assuming that BW expects us to romance the LIs, which would account for the One-Parent Only thing. Honestly though, I would rather have more LI content than have a kid following me around. It would actually be really interesting (to my mind) if in one of the story arcs your character or LI is made sterile, which would prevent children from being born between the two anyway. Of course this would be a consequence of choices made rather than an automatic thing.

Add the missing half of 1-50 companion romance content before expanding existing stories, please.

Also, who is going to raise these children of adventurers and companions? Do you really want to spend the next 20 years on Tatooine safeguarding them?

Add the missing half of 1-50 companion romance content before expanding existing stories, please.

Also, who is going to raise these children of adventurers and companions? Do you really want to spend the next 20 years on Tatooine safeguarding them?

As a smuggler i'll raise them on my ship :cool: Trooper on the other hand that gets a tad difficult. Bounty hunter, well if you ever read any of the mando lore, kids are wearing armor by 6, and are adults by 13, married by 16.

Imperial Agents, really think that's a good environment for kids? Well jedi and sith, well no kids there really

• 1 month later...
Well jedi and sith, well no kids there really

Actually in the game when you play as a SW (and I think SI) someone talks about how it's expected for them to have kids. Sith are the top dogs in the Empire, so naturally Sith want to have kids of their own to continue the legacy. Apparently it's expected of them to have children, whether it's in marriage or outside of it. I honestly don't remember what I was doing or where I was when I heard that, but I do remember it being said.

And as far as Jedi go, I think some of them do secretly have kids, just like some of them secretly get married. They just never, ever, ever talk about it.

Edited by Yermog

If you romance Nadia, she writes (those mails) that she wants to come out with it later on and Kira if I remeber correctly is all for kids, retiring and having fun.

These would be very interesting events. At least with me the whole Kira romance/marriage went secret and though most of consulars crew mates seem to know about it (Nadia) you don't get any angry contacts from jedi council :D

I wouldn't mind either adoptable kids for incompatible plumbing and biologicals for compatible plumbing. I am pretending (through legacy tree) the rest of my Republic toons, all of FIVE of them, are the sons and daughters of my Sage and Nadia... ;-) Edited by Lorica

Actually in the game when you play as a SW (and I think SI) someone talks about how it's expected for them to have kids. Sith are the top dogs in the Empire, so naturally Sith want to have kids of their own to continue the legacy. Apparently it's expected of them to have children, whether it's in marriage or outside of it. I honestly don't remember what I was doing or where I was when I heard that, but I do remember it being said.

And as far as Jedi go, I think some of them do secretly have kids, just like some of them secretly get married. They just never, ever, ever talk about it.

In the most recent "Old Republic" novel (the one currently in hardcover), one of the main characters is the son of Satele Shan, the Jedi Grand Master. I'm curious to know how that came about without Satele being ejected from the Jedi Order. I doubt it's a secret son, since Satele seems to be a rather straight-arrow type, devoted to the Jedi Order.

We all know by now that there are romanceable companions who will either propose to you (all the romanceable guys) or bring it up in conversation, which will prompt you to propose (all the romanceable girls).

This is delightful and all that, but usually after the marriage convo, your new spouse will bring up the subject of having kids of your own, either naturally or through adoption if you're of different species.

So, my question is this: It keeps getting hinted at that there's gonna be a chance to have kids at some point in the game. Is this going to happen or not? Maybe it's just something that they tossed in there to give the family-types something to be happy about, but with the Legacy and all that, I'm not sure.

Any thoughts on this? Pro, against, happening, not going to happen?

Personally, I haven't decided myself. It'd be cool to see a story involving having a kid of your own, but realistically, I can't see it happening.

Great idea! They could make a huge extra story patch r something and having kids would be interesting in-game. They will never do this but.....Great idea!

In the most recent "Old Republic" novel (the one currently in hardcover), one of the main characters is the son of Satele Shan, the Jedi Grand Master. I'm curious to know how that came about without Satele being ejected from the Jedi Order. I doubt it's a secret son, since Satele seems to be a rather straight-arrow type, devoted to the Jedi Order.

Actually, Jace and Satele's son was a secret delivery and they gave the child to a Jedi Grand Master to raise. As for being ejected, if she showed no signs of giving into the Dark Side, no one is going to question a Grand Master.