New to trooper :)

GrayJediknight

In most mmo´s ranged classes gets preffered in OP´s. It´s just that little bit easier to avoid damage as ranged than as dps. If you get agro as mele, your target will hit you. If you get agro as ranged usually you got a few sec before target will hit you. Those few sec can be the difference between a dead dps and a live one.

If a raidleader had to choose between random ranged dps and a random melee dps, with similar gear and didn´t know anything exept that, then most times he would probably pick the ranged dps. Maybe he would look at class compositions, but the way drops are based on group composision it doesn´t really matter what classes you bring.

In a guild none of this matter. Bring the player not the class.

I've been a raid leader on many operations. Vanguards make great tanks, but as DPS, sorry...they're at the back of the line.

You called them mid-range, but they have to be in melee range to be effective. RDPS is preferred by most raid leaders, and if you *must* run with MDPS, a Marauder is usually going to be picked over a Vanguard. I would take an Assassin over a Vanguard as well for their ability to off-tank in a pinch and more utility.

Of course everything depends on what kind of guild you're in, who you're pals with, and a lot of other factors. However, putting together the "ideal" raid group based on pure numbers alone, I think most would agree that Vanguard DPS don't have much to offer that can't be done better by other classes.

Edited by TheronFett