To All You Devs Out There....NEED BETTER SMUGGLER ARMOR!!

Dimitril

Have any of you noticed how SUCKISH the lvl 50 smuggler armor is? The hats r cool but everything else....NO. Just all wrong. CAPES!? ***! Seriously guys make some better armor for us! Smugglers are smooth, charming, and just plain ******, so why not give em some armor that shows that? Give em some style, something new. How about something like....Prey 2. ****** beanie with glowing lights, or mabey like a disc jockey headset and awesome jacket. I mean does someone who smuggles ILLEGAL contraband across the stars, picks up girls on the way, shoots like a pro, go dancing around in a CAPE! If any1 reads this post, add to it and make sure those Devs know how much smugglers need style!

Personally, as a Smuggler (and especially a Scoundrel), I think the armor is far too busy. In fact, I prefer the suits that look nothing like armor at all. When smuggling illegal goods, I don't want to stand out and attrack a bunch of attention to myself. When I hit a cantina to pick up girls, I don't want to be decked out in some wildly obvious combat armor, attracting attention from every yahoo who wants to fight to prove himself a big man; I want something light enough that I can still dance, and casual enough that it shows off the bod for all the ladies.

A short sleeve shirt would be my perfect idea of Smuggler armor on most planets. When I hit Hoth or half of Belsavis, maybe a leather jacket. But never anything flashy and attention grabbing.

And I'm fond of the cowboy hats because they make it easy to hide my face from cameras and authorities, while still showing off my smile to the ladies.

I mean does someone who smuggles ILLEGAL contraband across the stars, picks up girls on the way, shoots like a pro, go dancing around in a CAPE!

The scoundrel you seems to be asking about, in the Star Wars universe - could be Lando C - he'd be known to use capes every now and then.

But if you're after a quite different style of clothes/armor, you could use moddable Sentiel gear, it's also medium armor just as the smugglers armor type - and have some different looks(mix match smuggler, sentiel, social and cartel market parts - and you'll have a quite decent array of looks to choose from).

Gotta agree the level 50 stuff looks pretty ugly. Personally I'd like a modable Malcolm Reynolds out fit from Firefly, hint hint bioware. At least the duster.

I'm still modding the spider outfit from completeing the Gree and Taris quest lines. Not to mention the Essless gear for completeing the flashpoint.

Edited by Shadojack

Have any of you noticed how SUCKISH the lvl 50 smuggler armor is? The hats r cool but everything else....NO. Just all wrong. CAPES!? ***! Seriously guys make some better armor for us! Smugglers are smooth, charming, and just plain ******, so why not give em some armor that shows that? Give em some style, something new. How about something like....Prey 2. ****** beanie with glowing lights, or mabey like a disc jockey headset and awesome jacket. I mean does someone who smuggles ILLEGAL contraband across the stars, picks up girls on the way, shoots like a pro, go dancing around in a CAPE! If any1 reads this post, add to it and make sure those Devs know how much smugglers need style!

Isn't that what Lando did?!