HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

When levelling on Tatooine I visit the Outlaw's Den regularly to loot the crates. I have only twice seen another player there and this is on a PVP server...

lol, wait for 1.5 to go live and see if your statement still holds true.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because being handed things for no work is no fun. This is why people are leaving the game, it is too easy. If you have to face a challenge to get something you will appreciate it more.

Kids these days, you're all spoiled little whiners.

Let's take your argument. Warcraft created a game called "Cata" for Hardcore people. Those people complained of everything being too easy. The result was going from 12 million to dipping below 9 million in under a year. They are the biggest MMO in terms of subs.

It did not work then and it will not work now. The balance is letting everyone access him without jumping through these hoops. Why can't we simply just get him mail.

Actually, It's more of an issue to me that these vendors can be KILLED. Yes, KILLED. With a few hour respawn timer. And people are already planning to camp the vendor. Kezzit in a PvP area isn't an awful idea, but making him kill able is.

I can't be bothered to check if this is really true, but I'm calling you a liar.

Edited by RAVM

Outstanding Bioware. Now troll guilds and groups will form to prevent people from getting to the vendor. Just hand the keys too the kingdom over to trolls and make griefing as easy as possible. This happened before on PVP servers when you did the Rakghoul Event in the dunesea. Now your making it so non pvpers can get trolled.

Im fine with that. I'll just have to kill them all and emote /peeoncorpse.

Let's take your argument. Warcraft created a game called "Cata" for Hardcore people. Those people complained of everything being too easy. The result was going from 12 million to dipping below 9 million in under a year. They are the biggest MMO in terms of subs.

It did not work then and it will not work now. The balance is letting everyone access him without jumping through these hoops. Why can't we simply just get him mail.

Get him in the mail? Thats a joke. Why not just get rid of the ability bars and put a big fat I win button in the center of the screen. Log in, hit button, have max level and full end game gear. Game over. Thanks for the fish.

Get him in the mail? Thats a joke. Why not just get rid of the ability bars and put a big fat I win button in the center of the screen. Log in, hit button, have max level and full end game gear. Game over. Thanks for the fish.

You are gravely misunderstanding. This is not for gear. Actually I have an easier time on the cartel coin market obtaining random items of epic purple already all fitted for me. I can take that same gear into PVP and become Leet.

How is it we got gear super easy to get to. Just "logging in" as you say. But for companions something nothing to do with PVE groups we're needed to put effort into it and work to get a "Companion" does anyone else see the difference.

A thread was made when people learned you had to go through PVE, and now PVP. It's being made to do a playstyle you don't enjoy.

Edited by DragonAgeOrgins

LOL :p After doing a ton of ops and hm fp to get full Black Hole gear I'm absolutely okay with this.

BW give me full dread guard gear next time I log in !

No from sarcasm to reality. I actually like that there is something in this game that is going to be really hard to get. Seems to me that every lvl 50 is running around on the Fleet with full Black Hole/Campaign gear these days...

Edited by Sentinel-Jordal

I'm all for PvP on the "PvP" servers,thats why they are there. I dont care for PvP,must be why i only play on PvE servers. So forcing me to go to a PvP area "IF" i want to complete the mission is Bullhucky! Just one more reason to unsub when F2P goes live.

I don't think you need to PvP to get to the vendors. Just by the legacy perk "travel pass to Outlaws den". Use it, go to the vendor, use quick travel to get away. Even if someone is camping at the vendor this should go so fast that you won't be killed.

It's not that you have anything to lose going to a PVP area. In PVP there's no equipment wear. People can't loot you. Worst thing that could happen to you is that you have to go in several times and lose, say, 15 minutes.

That's it.

There are no consequences. Unless you feel ashamed that you get owned but why would you care about it when you do not PVP?

I'm all for PvP on the "PvP" servers,thats why they are there. I dont care for PvP,must be why i only play on PvE servers. So forcing me to go to a PvP area "IF" i want to complete the mission is Bullhucky! Just one more reason to unsub when F2P goes live.

Yeah, I’m also considering going F2P because of this. And I like how Bioware ignore the issue; they could at least explain why they want to force PVP on PVE players.

The funniest (and maybe one of the meanest) thing to do would be to get HK-51 and use him to kill ppl who try to get to the vendors! :D:D:D

Me myself? I plan to get HK-51 just to send him to attack some lvl 50 champion and watch him die! HK-47 was so annoying in KOTOR no I shall have some revenge over this droid type! Mohahaha!

After watching him die I will probably use him in heroics etc and gear him up as best as possible. I only want revenge one time then we can be friends :)

It's not that you have anything to lose going to a PVP area. In PVP there's no equipment wear. People can't loot you. Worst thing that could happen to you is that you have to go in several times and lose, say, 15 minutes.

That's it.

There are no consequences. Unless you feel ashamed that you get owned but why would you care about it when you do not PVP?

It's not about the money, it is about sending a message. PvP is a mini-game and should not be forced down the throat of the people who wish to play the actual game.

It's not about the money, it is about sending a message. PvP is a mini-game and should not be forced down the throat of the people who wish to play the actual game.

PvP is NOT a mini-game and BW said that 50% of players play it on a regular basis. A much higher % than the carebears crying here.:eek:

Good lord... how permutations are we going have of this topic?

PVE'rs. I'm one of you and I understand your concern, but... you don't have to win a warzone! You don't even have to fight back if you don't' want too. You make your way to the vendor and if you refuse to fight back you will die with an opportunity to then get to the vendor. You then get your wares and get out. Easy peasy. Look at it as a PVE quest where you have to get the part no matter what it takes if it makes it easier.

I'm going in with guildies and we will fight back. And my guess is that it will be a blast getting everyone in and out of there because while I PVE I will not stand by and watch somebody gank a guildie.

The environment change, therein lies the challenge.

Oh... and I know many who would take exception to the idea that PvP is a mini game. For them... it is the game.

This is ridiculous whining...

Yes, you'll have to go into a PvP area. Gasp! You know what? You'll also have to do a normal flashpoint, a Hard Mode Flashpoint, and some open world content.

This is just like whining that you can't get Dread gear in the warzones or war hero gear in operations. Should I complain that i'm being FORCED to pvp to get war hero gear?

There are some rewards for doing content. Some incentive to do that content.

Bioware is not forcing you to do anything. They're just putting in a reward for those that take advantage of all the content. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

So much whining....

Exactly. Never had the desire to be other ... erm ... people's "content" and if that means no HK for me ...

*grrr* where are these greedy suits when you need them? Put this freaking droid in the cartel shop!! I'd pay the equivalent of two months subscription to get this companion if i can avoid the l33t-groupers and pvp- ...erm ... -people!

Really real mature to insult players that like another part of the game that you don't.. i like pvp and i don't consider myself a |33t i even RP *gasp* i know how can that be from a pvp'er!!!

From your post maybe your next Companion should be a Box of Tissues and some Midol

Edited by Kenlonis