Time to end Biochem reusables

Chunkie

I don't have any problem with biochem reusables as long as every other crew skill gets buffed to have something similar. Having reusable stims is like having another piece of gear. Since Biochemists have access to every single piece of gear someone like a synthweaver can use, it's clear that Biochem has a huge advantage. Does synthweaving have something Biochem can't use? Nope. And given that stims are obnoxiously over priced, forcing synthweavers to buy them just to keep up with biochemists is just unfair. What is Bioware more likely to do? Nerf Biochem again, of course. Why? Which takes less time, redesigning and buffing 5 crew skills or nerfing 1? It's not rocket science and we all KNOW how lazy Bioware has been when patching this game. RIP Biochem.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an infinite use stim... I use it for heroics and farmed content...

It's literally worthless to me. I use it only to speed things up.

For challenging stuff, I'm using Exotech, same as everyone else who cares about min/maxing.

No, Biochem doesn't need another nerf. It's not top dog anymore.

And 4 Paste = 3 (or 4 if you crit) Adrenals/Stims so please stop requesting the material cost to be lowered as it already was.

I don't have any problem with biochem reusables as long as every other crew skill gets buffed to have something similar. Having reusable stims is like having another piece of gear. Since Biochemists have access to every single piece of gear someone like a synthweaver can use, it's clear that Biochem has a huge advantage. Does synthweaving have something Biochem can't use? Nope. And given that stims are obnoxiously over priced, forcing synthweavers to buy them just to keep up with biochemists is just unfair. What is Bioware more likely to do? Nerf Biochem again, of course. Why? Which takes less time, redesigning and buffing 5 crew skills or nerfing 1? It's not rocket science and we all KNOW how lazy Bioware has been when patching this game. RIP Biochem.

You said it BW just designed it so poorly they need to learn from a certain huge nameless MMO where all crew skills at least had advantages here BIOCHEM rules end game period and having to grind just to pay for in game crack is sad so I made a BIOCHEM lol.

I have an infinite use stim... I use it for heroics and farmed content...

It's literally worthless to me. I use it only to speed things up.

For challenging stuff, I'm using Exotech, same as everyone else who cares about min/maxing.

No, Biochem doesn't need another nerf. It's not top dog anymore.

And 4 Paste = 3 (or 4 if you crit) Adrenals/Stims so please stop requesting the material cost to be lowered as it already was.

Hmmm if is not top dog why haven't you dropped it like all the others have dropped the other crafts for BIOCHEM cause its still top dog is why if your a min maxer you level the other crafts get the gear drop them get BIOCHEM back still top dog period. Every scenario BIOCHEM wins in the long run.

yep enough with nerfing biochem. buff the other professions. i shouldnt be penalized cause i diddnt chose another crafting skill. quit it with these posts.

The problem isn't with Biochem, it's with the other skills, and we all know that.

As for being "rich"? I make more money doing Dailies on Belsavis/Ilum than I do selling the stims on the GTN. Take that for what it's worth, but I'm not exactly Scrooge McDarth by having Biochem as my profession.

Bioware should tweak all the other classes and stop listening to people who keep *censored* about Biochem.

Edited by Notannos
rude

yep enough with nerfing biochem. buff the other professions. i shouldnt be penalized cause i diddnt chose another crafting skill. quit it with these posts.

Bolded is the key that most people on these forums seem to miss. They have such a destructive agenda that they refuse to try to suggest ways to actually improve game play for everyone.

Bolded is the key that most people on these forums seem to miss. They have such a destructive agenda that they refuse to try to suggest ways to actually improve game play for everyone.

Yeah, especially people who constantly capitalize BIOCHEM thinking it's gets their point across that BIOCHEM is the most overpowered skill in the game because it's BIOCHEM!!!!!

Less nerfs, more buffs please Bioware.

The question is:

Should having a tradeskills provide a perk that directly increases ones combat potential.

My *opinion* is that it definitely should not. As such, the only rational fix to biochem is either removing the reuseables, or removing the Biochem restriction on them. Either works.

Breaking all the other tradeskills by adding a perk to them that directly increases the combat potential of those who actually have that skill does NOT work.

And I'm sorry, all the biochems going on about how their reuseable stims aren't that big of an advantage... are correct. They keep bringing that up because it's a total red herring. It isn't the stims. It's the reuseable medpacks and the reuseable adrenals. Stims last long enough that it's quite feasible for non biochems to pony up the cash to buy them for two hours of use, and people (both biochems and not) are probably going to be useing the superior exotech whatever ones anyways.. Medpacks and adrenals on the other hand? No chance. You aren't going to be spending hours making something you use every 90 seconds or 3 minutes. And therefor the price will be similarly prohibitive.

The problem isn't with Biochem, it's with the other skills, and we all know that.

As for being "rich"? I make more money doing Dailies on Belsavis/Ilum than I do selling the stims on the GTN. Take that for what it's worth, but I'm not exactly Scrooge McDarth by having Biochem as my profession.

Bioware should tweak all the other classes and stop listening to people who keep *censored* about Biochem.

How can you possibly buff up the other crew skills to the point that it's comparable or better to having free adrenal/stims/medpacs? You can't.

And do you know why you can't sell stims? BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS A BIOCHEMIST! And good luck trying to sell implants. They're barely going for more than costs because there are so many biochemists trying to sell implants. If they haven't reached that level on your server, they will as more people switch to biochemist.

The other professions are fine, you can make lots of credits from them. Sure, they require tweeks, but they certainly aren't broken. They LOOK broken because everybody is comparing them to Biochem.

I'm not saying remove Biochem or to remove stims/adrenals/medpacs from the game. You can still use them. You just can't have an unlimited use one. Which is what the problem is now.

I'm a Biochemist. I use to sell about 10-20 stims a day. Now i will be lucky if i can sell 2. Who would buy stims when the costs for 2 stims is the same cost as an unlimited reusable one?

You know it's overpowering, which is why you guys are fighting so hard to keep it. You like the advantage of having a free use adrenal/stim/medpac. The game wasn't designed for that, but it's what it's becoming. When i raid, it use to only be 1 or 2 biochemist in the raid. Now it's like half.

You guys need to think long term. You say you're making more credits doing the dailies... and that's alright with you? I don't want to grind out dailies every single day just so i can raid.

ME ME ME. That's all you guys are thinking about.

Edited by Chunkie

I posted this in another thread. Some of it pertains to the topic, some of it doesn't. So don't flame for the parts that do not pertain - the only reason I leave it in is because of the overall post.

Biochem had the opportunity to have a Biochem only buff through the Rakata Stims. Why not leave that buff in the game and provide buffs to other crew skills that meet identical stats that the Rakata stims do. For example: Give Cybertechs the ability to create a Cybertech only mod/armoring that requires Cybertech to use.

To give a comparison: Enchanting in WoW gave the enchanter the opportunity to enchant 2 rings which gave a substantial boost to the main stat, yet it was kept even with the other professions such as Jewelcrafting creating a Jewelcrafting only gem.

Another example: Synthweaving can make Rakata level bracers (and belt? I don't have a synthweaver, so correct me if I'm wrong). Why not allow those Rakata level items Synthweaver only to wear, and include a higher main stat than other Rakata level items obtained in operations - yet make that increase equal to the Biochem stim stat.

Now I know it has nothing to do with reusable items, but it does pertain to <Insert Crew Skill Here> only - which is what reusable consumables are: Biochem only.

Simple solution.

Why don't they just get rid of the biochem requirement on the reusables? That way it evens out in terms of game balance and the biochem ppl can make giant profit selling them on the GTN. If you feel that this doesn't leave biochem with anything unique anymore, maybe give them some nice lvl 50 BoP implants or something, like most other crafting skills have.

This is the only way to even out the endgame gameplay aspects of the crafting skills, short of giving similar powerful stat-boosting BoP items to every other crafting skill. One crafting skill should not provide an enormous endgame stat boost while all the others provide little to none.

I be happy if all crew skillls are made on par with BIOCHEM really even wow got that right each crafts offered something for end game not one craft to rule them all. Maybe BW will understand that one day maybe one day indeed.

This is patently untrue. In WoW you get two professions, period, with no distinction between gathering and crafting. Serious players cannot take a gathering profession because they only provide minor buffs to secondary stats, meaning you so less DPS than someone with crafting professions.

Jewelcrafting, tailoring and engineering all provide the weakest stat boost after gathering skills, so you cant take them, except for engineering which is used in PVP. That leaves Blacksmithing, which is the best profession in WoW as it lets you equip two extra epic gems. You then take enchanting, alchemy, leatherworking or inscription as your other profession.

To make matters worse, you absolutely need an alt with the appropriate gathering professions, amd enough gold to change professions every tier. Crafting only matters at the start of an x-pac in WoW due to hard resets on the gear, after which point only the stat bonuses, which change every raid tier in strength, matter.

-

I actually would like to see biochem able to make BIS BOE reusable consumables. This woild free us from the bullcrap of having to be biochem ourselves to deal with the cost of adrenals. Every few months a better tier of consumables AND crafted raid gear would be added, so the money making potentjal of every crafting profession would remain the same. Otherwise, just like Alchemy in WOW, Biochem will be the be the best profession because it gives you the most independence from praying the reusable you need is in stock on the market. The ability to keep yourself raid ready is the real reason biochem is the best profession

We don't need a third clicky (adrenal). We already have 2 via the relics. And the game is easy enough as it is. Adrenals are supposed to be used rarely to give you that kick you need on that extra hard kill, that's why it's so expensive. It's not supposed to be a common ability.

This is patently untrue. In WoW you get two professions, period, with no distinction between gathering and crafting. Serious players cannot take a gathering profession because they only provide minor buffs to secondary stats, meaning you so less DPS than someone with crafting professions.

Jewelcrafting, tailoring and engineering all provide the weakest stat boost after gathering skills, so you cant take them, except for engineering which is used in PVP. That leaves Blacksmithing, which is the best profession in WoW as it lets you equip two extra epic gems. You then take enchanting, alchemy, leatherworking or inscription as your other profession.

Not that it matters here, but actually the 3 "weakest" you listed are actually the BEST, as of cataclysm (if you're a physical damage dealer then tailoring is a bit weaker, yes). Blacksmithing isn't actually any better than Jewelcrafting (you end up with 1 extra stat point if you take jewelcrafting, actually, than BS with 2 extra gems), tailoring for casters (the proc is worth far more) or engineering (the springs give the same amount of stat boost and can be macroed to a skill for constant uptime, something THIS game is sorely lacking, or used in conjunction with procs for increased damage).

Edited by Lemina_Ausa

I still don't understand how they nerfed it that much? So they made it where you can now sell the adrenals......so...you buffed Biochem's ability to make money..and they still have reusable stims and adrenals? I don't understand the huge nerf there?

People wouldnt complain that much if BW would have just removed the requirement for the stims to be a biochem and make all the stuff tradeable then most people would be happy i am a biochem and chose to be because i beta i used soooo many credits on stim packs so i wanted to save some credits by not having to buy but just craft them.

So people making rakata armor pieces should also need to have the skill needed to make them to use them, considering that is how biochem works atm.

Make every item craftable sellable and useable end of story.

Edited by Griad

OK let's hit the game with the nerf bat again this time power and biochem. next time critical and biochem. next time after that bonus damage and biochem. then armor class and biochem. then classes and crewskills altogether let's have everyone run around in no armor with no weapons and remove the ability to make things altogether then everything will be balanced. if you like biochem then take it if not don't take it. it was always your choice. some raid/pvp guilds want you to have a certain crewskill but they also want you to wear certain gear and use a certain spec, and if that is for you then do it. I personally like doing my own thing, I am in a guild with 30 players and 78 characters we have only one biochem. we have 5 synthweavers 4 armormechs 3 artifice 7 cybertechs 2 armsmech and only 1 biochem so I would say that apparently there is a use for the other skills. Of course we are a real guild we talk have fun do HM's level alts and so on we are a group of friends sharing the game with other people. If you want to min max and have the best of everything get BM/rakata gear crating has never in any game produced the best stuff ever. Yes I have reusable might stim and medpac on my juggernaut. it helps when the healer lags and helps produce just a bit more aggro. Plenty of people just play the game like regular people and don't have to be the best geared person in full rak gear with the rak reusables just to do their dailies and HM's and ops.

And as far as overpowered goes once march hits and the rak/bm mods/armoring/hilt/barrels can be transferred to any orange then armor crafters will be the new gods of the game with the best gear ever plus an augment slot to boost them above everyone else by 20-35 pts per augment per gear slot. yeah that's completely useless.

here let me augment my medpac.......wait a minute I can't it is the same as normal only I don't have to keep making them for personal use.

Edited by havok_bloodcraft

IMO the reusuables should not be bop and they should not require biochem to use.

And you are thinking that me or other biochemist will sell you reusable and kill market for blues? Ha, ha, ha :rolleyes:

Maybe for 500K-1M :D

Edited by Elendil_PL

1m low offer

Of course. 500K min. for lvl 40, 1M min for lvl 48

BTW. I'm only biochemist in about 30 people guild. I make stims/medpacks/adrenals for all my guildies and they do not whining and talking all day about nerfing biochem. They all are happy with other crew skills, waiting for buff.

So, all nerfguys, get biochemist friend and stop ***

Edited by Elendil_PL

Not that it matters here, but actually the 3 "weakest" you listed are actually the BEST, as of cataclysm (if you're a physical damage dealer then tailoring is a bit weaker, yes). Blacksmithing isn't actually any better than Jewelcrafting (you end up with 1 extra stat point if you take jewelcrafting, actually, than BS with 2 extra gems), tailoring for casters (the proc is worth far more) or engineering (the springs give the same amount of stat boost and can be macroed to a skill for constant uptime, something THIS game is sorely lacking, or used in conjunction with procs for increased damage).

You're completely incorrect.

JC provides you with +67 red gems, compared to +40 "normal" red gems, however with 4.3 the introduction of +50 epic gems means that the stat bonus of JC has fallen from +81 to +51. Blacksmithing, meanwhile, provides 2 extra gem slots for a total of +100, meaning that BS is +49 points to a primary stat better than JC.

Taking Alchemy, Enchanting, Leatherworking or Inscription along with Blacksmithing provides a net +180 to your primary stat, which is the best possible static stat gain. The ideal combination for a raider is Blacksmithing / Alchemy, because of the 4-hour Flasks and optimal stat points.

The three weakest professions - Herbalism, Mining and Skinning, provide bonuses to secondary stats which pale in comparison to your primary stats. A mild heal / on-use Haste, minor Crit increase or minor Stamina increase cannot compare to +80 ~ +100 to your primary stat. For a Mage, for example, +100 Int will increase their spellpower, crit and mana pool, and the +180 Int of ideal professions is a significant increase, comparable to upgrading 4 ~ 5 pieces of gear by a tier.

-

in SWTOR, my strongest desire would be for all of the BIS items by crated professions to go BOE and not require the profession. This would eliminate the stat benefit of taking any profession, thus making it so that people who just want to PVP / PVE don't have to sit there and grind professions to be the best player they can be.

If this is not done, then each crafting profession should provide an *identical stat point reward* so that taking one over another is not something you are forced into doing to maximize your character. Professions being mandatory is fine, X crafting profession over Y crafting profession is not... nor is constantly shifting "the one to take" by constant nerfs / buffs.