Class Stories timeline?

SimplyCooL

Look, im sorry to ask this, but i've went through the last 50 pages and i cant find a definite thread with the timeline of the classes.

Can anyone direct me to a site, that has a wiki, or a well developed thread on the subject matter?

I'm just really curious about something, that will definitely impact my class play-through order.

I do know that Jedi Knight at least starts sometime before Imperial Agent, because

on Dromund Kaas (2nd Planet), the Keeper informs the IA that "Watcher One is currently... on assignment" which is a reference to Jedi Knight's Taris Mission (4th visited Planet) where the JK has to stop Watcher One's mission. I haven't seen anything "cross-over" references yet.

I do know that Jedi Knight at least starts sometime before Imperial Agent, because

on Dromund Kaas (2nd Planet), the Keeper informs the IA that "Watcher One is currently... on assignment" which is a reference to Jedi Knight's Taris Mission (4th visited Planet) where the JK has to stop Watcher One's mission. I haven't seen anything "cross-over" references yet.

Hum, read somewhere JK was last.. and IMPs are before GR. Im wondering, on class by class specific.

Connections between the Warrior story and the Knight story which leads me to think that parts of the Warrior storyline actually comes after the Knight's:

The Warrior becomes Wrath in Act 3, therefore the Knight must have acquired Scourge before then in order for the position to be free.

Furthermore, the Warrior gets an email that the Emperor is recovering after they finish theirs. He is presumably recovering from the Knight's finale.

Honestly I think the order of storylines is different on a act by act and planet by planet basis. It is going to take a lot of looking at various dialogues to figure out the precise order and in some cases the order won't really be clear because the order of events isn't too important in some instances.

I haven't gone through the all the storylines yet, but I believe from some stufff I have read in datarips that I know a couple of the event placements.

I think the JC has to be the last arc on Alderaan as I believe the JC's arc there is about peace talks which should essentially wrap up the fighting there.

Meanwhile I think the Smuggler has to be the last arc on Hoth as I want to say that the Smuggler can essentially disband the White Maw pirates that everyone else fights in their conclusions to Hoth. However this one is a little less certain since everyone fights different factions of the White Maws.

Regarding the beginnings of the class stories, I believe both the JK and JC have to arrive on Tython the same day(probably around the same time) as they both respond to the same situation in their first quests.

I'd then probably place the JK finishing Coruscant around the same time as the Trooper and Smuggler stories begin. This one is a less definite and more of a gut instinct based on a couple of facts. Because of one of the Flashpoints, we know the Seperatists are drive off of Ord Mantell at some point. So the civil war there is wrapped up during the course of the game(I assume off screen). The JK visits the planet while the war is still hot.

Now since we don't know the period of time for any events, the war could go on for years and there is a year difference between the JK visit and the starting arcs there. However I just sort of feel like the Trooper and Smuggler are meant to be there at the end of the conflict and the JK visits during that same time frame.

Well to be more precise, Watcher One's mission starts in response to the JK arriving on Taris. But yeah that does put the IA's Dromund Kaas storyline after the JK's Taris arc has begun.

Connections between the Warrior story and the Knight story which leads me to think that parts of the Warrior storyline actually comes after the Knight's:

The Warrior becomes Wrath in Act 3, therefore the Knight must have acquired Scourge before then in order for the position to be free.

Furthermore, the Warrior gets an email that the Emperor is recovering after they finish theirs. He is presumably recovering from the Knight's finale.

Regarding the timeline between the JK and SW, the JK's finale has to occur after the SW's Voss story arc.

Although not explicitly stated, the Emperor likely is recovering from the SW's events on Voss when the JK confronts him as he is in a new body at the time, and I imagine entering a new body takes up a good amount of energy and the Emperor was weakened when the JK fights him).

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are supposed to be time skips between the events of Act 1, Act 2, and Act 3 for all classes. Precise length of time skips isn't specified, but I'm mentuioning it because it puts the events of the Republic and Empire on Taris and Balmorra several months to several years apart(which is why the two planets are different for the two sides).

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

• 1 year later...

Someone from the community (or Bioware) really should put a timeline together, broken down by planet and class, so the really enterprising player could play through it in its entirety over all classes in the proper order. :)

Actually, why hasn't Dulfy done this already.

Edited by revial

I believe warrior ends first.

It would take time to for the Emperor to find another suitable being to posses. We know that the Inquisitor ends after the Warrior because Thanaton is still on the Council during the Warrior's finale. Because the mail the Warrior recieves after their finale, we can assume that (because the Emperor's Hand would be the first to know about the Voice's defeat [as well as probably knowing about it minutes after it happened, and sending the message to the Emperor's Wrath (the warrior]) the Knight story would end maybe a few hours after the Warrior's. This is because most of the Dark Council would be at Dromund Kaas attempting to stabilize things after the Republc attack, and the Hand would be the first on the Imperial side to know about the Voice's defeat. Now, the Warrior initiates Plan Zero, a plan which restarts the war (thanks to Darth Baras's scheming). How this comes into play, I do not know. However, it probably has something to do with the other storylines in regard to the fact that it's possible the war is occurring at everyone's Act 2 Finale/Act 3 Beginning

Just my thoughts.

In the end, I do not think the timeline matters, at this point. They may more than likely happen around the same time, with only small amounts of lag between them.

just saying because we do not really hear anything of the things some of the characters do. Just like

Raiding that imperial base on Tatooine from the trooper story line

and other things you do hear have recently happened in the storyline.

Edited by stormdrakelord

Given the condition of the planet Taris for both factions all imperial stories have to take place first. The Imperial base is on an island in the middle of a toxic lake, in the Republic taris, that lake is empty. To me that means the Republic must find the base after all the imperial stories have finished and blown it out of existance.

Given the condition of the planet Taris for both factions all imperial stories have to take place first. The Imperial base is on an island in the middle of a toxic lake, in the Republic taris, that lake is empty. To me that means the Republic must find the base after all the imperial stories have finished and blown it out of existance.

Incorrect. The empire drives the republic OFF taris, just like the republic drives the the empire off Balmorra.

Cause remember Republic does Taris first then balmorra, and vice versa with the Empire.

Meaning by the end, Empire well 'controls' taris, meaning they stopped the republic from rebuilding taris for now, but the Empire was forced out of Balmorra.

Incorrect. The empire drives the republic OFF taris, just like the republic drives the the empire off Balmorra.

Cause remember Republic does Taris first then balmorra, and vice versa with the Empire.

Meaning by the end, Empire well 'controls' taris, meaning they stopped the republic from rebuilding taris for now, but the Empire was forced out of Balmorra.

The Balmorra issue is even more clear cut.:

Darth Lachris first takes over governance of Balmorra during the Imperial planet quests there, she is killed in the Consulars storyline.

But yes, Imperial Taris clearly takes place some time after Republic Taris, given that the culmination of the planet quest is killing a Jedi Master in the Olaris spaceport and driving the last of the Republic forces off planet.

It is really just a matter of when the planet storylines for each side happens. Like with republic Balmorra and Imperial Taris, the happen after the other sides quests. Class stories themselves we never hear a thing about certain stories so the class stories themselves could happen around the same time. Sith Warrior's story ending could happen right before the end of the inquisitor story and the Jedi Knight's ending could happen right after, say, the consular story.

Let's see what we got thus far:

- Trooper is the first to class to finish Act 2 / start Act 3 because General Rakton formally declares war against the Republic in the aftermath of the Gauntlet mission. All Act 3 beginning quests establish that the galaxy is at war again.

- The Voidwolf mentions during the raid on the King's Ransom at the end of Act 2 of the Smuggler story that the Empire "just declared war on the Republic and all its representatives", so one might assume that the Act 2 finale of the Smuggler takes place very close to the Act 2 finale of the Trooper.

- Jedi Knight is supposedly gone quite a while inbetween Acts 2 and 3, as the galaxy is already at war by the time the Knight returns to Tython.

- Bounty Hunter ending takes place before any Republic class endings, as it deals with Supreme Chancellor Danarius being removed from office.

- Imperial Agent ending presumably takes place before the endings of the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor as the power plays of Baras, Vowrawn and Thanaton are mentioned to be going on when going through Corellia.

- Trooper ending takes place before all other Republic class endings because it introduces Saresh as new Supreme Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior ending takes place before Sith Inquisitor ending as Darth Thanaton is present during the confrontation with Baras. This means that the Inquisitor ending is to be placed shortly after the Jedi Knight ending.

- Jedi Knight ending takes place roughly around the same time as the Sith Warrior ending due to the mail from Servant one implying that the Jedi attacked Dromund Kaas while the Wrath was dealing with Baras. It's place in the Republic timeline is unclear as it is, ironically, the only Republic ending to not feature Saresh.

- Jedi Consular and Smuggler endings take place after Trooper ending because again, Saresh is Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor endings take place before the end of the Republic's Corellia planetary quest series, as during both Dark Council sessions, Darths Decimus, Hadra and Achraron are present via holo. Those three are all killed in the process of the liberation of Corellia by Republic players.

Edited by BenKatarn

Let's see what we got thus far:

- Trooper is the first to class to finish Act 2 / start Act 3 because General Rakton formally declares war against the Republic in the aftermath of the Gauntlet mission. All Act 3 beginning quests establish that the galaxy is at war again.

- The Voidwolf mentions during the raid on the King's Ransom at the end of Act 2 of the Smuggler story that the Empire "just declared war on the Republic and all its representatives", so one might assume that the Act 2 finale of the Smuggler takes place very close to the Act 2 finale of the Trooper.

- Jedi Knight is supposedly gone quite a while inbetween Acts 2 and 3, as the galaxy is already at war by the time the Knight returns to Tython.

- Bounty Hunter ending takes place before any Republic class endings, as it deals with Supreme Chancellor Danarius being removed from office.

- Imperial Agent ending presumably takes place before the endings of the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor as the power plays of Baras, Vowrawn and Thanaton are mentioned to be going on when going through Corellia.

- Trooper ending takes place before all other Republic class endings because it introduces Saresh as new Supreme Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior ending takes place before Sith Inquisitor ending as Darth Thanaton is present during the confrontation with Baras. This means that the Inquisitor ending is to be placed shortly after the Jedi Knight ending.

- Jedi Knight ending takes place roughly around the same time as the Sith Warrior ending due to the mail from Servant one implying that the Jedi attacked Dromund Kaas while the Wrath was dealing with Baras. It's place in the Republic timeline is unclear as it is, ironically, the only Republic ending to not feature Saresh.

- Jedi Consular and Smuggler endings take place after Trooper ending because again, Saresh is Chancellor.

- Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor endings take place before the end of the Republic's Corellia planetary quest series, as during both Dark Council sessions, Darths Decimus, Hadra and Achraron are present via holo. Those three are all killed in the process of the liberation of Corellia by Republic players.

/thread

- - - -

Pretty good, mate. ;)

Hmm...

So Master Satele launches an aerial offensive against Dromund Kaas, allowing the Knight to land on the surface. My guess is that this happened hours or days after the Warrior defeats Baras in the Council Chambers... There is no way that the Dark Council would stand aside and watch two guys fight their differences while their home planet was under attack by the Republic.

Also, I assume the Warrior was in the midst of Act 2 (probably Quesh or Hoth) during Master Tol Braga's black ops mission to the Emperor's fortress. The JK was under the influence of the Emperor for a long time. (Weeks to months.. who knows, all we know is that he/she was gone a long time according to Satele). Lord Scourge betrays the Emperor and heads to Tython with the JK at the end of this "long amount of time." The Emperor would've had to chosen a new Wrath instantaneously for this to be even remotely imaginable (time-wise).

There's alot of missing time for this timeline to even be feasible for the Sith Warrior. He certainly wasn't moseying around on Hoth... he was aggressively searching for a Jedi General before they reach that "mysterous Force secret" in the Crashed Starship.

My theory? There is no time line. They just made a bunch of stuff up, had it cross over with parts, then slapped it together. I'm sure they went through and tried to do a little bit of cleaning up, so there weren't glaring contradictions, but....

You probably right. Too many class stories from too many writers -> leads inconsistency.

There is also a sign in the JK companion story for Doc

One of his companion missions you meet Kaliyo while she is still working for Nem'ro. She had not yet joined the IA as a companion yet because she is still under the employment of Nem'ro while Doc is off healing the Hutt.

This here would place the start of the IA story after the JK one since you acquire Doc on Balmorra.

Edited by ellenbec

One of his companion missions you meet Kaliyo while she is still working for Nem'ro. She had not yet joined the IA as a companion yet because she is still under the employment of Nem'ro while Doc is off healing the Hutt.

This here would place the start of the IA story after the JK one since you acquire Doc on Balmorra.

Which really just creates headaches, because it means the planet storylines are completely divorced from the class storylines in terms of timeframe, even when your doing them both at the same time. :p

You'd think Bioware would have given the writers some kind of overall timeline so that the class stories would fit consistently.

Edited by jovianus

On the contrary: Kaliyo must have been lying about her allegiance to Nem'ro because Agent Balmorra has to take place before Republic Balmorra. Therefore, either Kaliyo is lying or she went back to work for Nem'ro briefly, or we've got a huge plot hole.

Also, Agent has to take place way before Smuggler. Because Risha's father dies at the end of Smuggler Act 1, yet Agents see him with the Star Cabal in Act 3. This must mean smugglers started much later, and they spend quite a bit of time per planet compared to agents.

The individual acts are parallel, obviously because the classes are meeting in-game. So it's not like the Bounty Hunter doesn't start until the Jedi Knight is already in Act 2 just because Kaliyo shows up in a Doc conversation in her starter gear.

I'm sure someone at Bioware has a powerpoint, etc, detailing how all the stories relate to each other, but that'd be too easy, wouldn't it? :p

I'm kind of surprised no one has put this timeline together, or if they have, no one seems to have made it public.