View Single Post

Eldrenath
12.30.2013 , 12:53 PM | #15
I certainly understand the frustration, but I don't think the problem is solely premades. Part of the problem is lack of team work. On my server the imps simply do not work as a team, and as a result lose 4 out of 5 matches. The problem is that they're always chasing kill count an damage. So they take a node, and within 1 minute fly off looking for enemies. Then a republic toon swoops in and caps the satellite. Once the republic gets 2 or 3 satellites, they stop pushing and just let the imps come to them. They are at a satellite with 2 or 3 other defenders plus multiple turrets. They shoot down an imperial player, who respawns and flies right back into the battle. So they're flying in 1 or 2 at a time into a satellite where the republic has 2-3 turrets and 2-4 defenders.

I can't speak for other servers, but on Shadowlands this happens very, very often. What players need to understand is that if you hold two nodes there's no need to go flying off--sit at the satellite and defend. The enemy WILL come to you, and they will be at a disadvantage. But I see it all the time when I fly on imp side: 3 or 4 of us cap a node, a republic scout skims by and everyone but me goes chasing all the way across the map. So I'm alone at the node and 20 seconds later 3 or 4 enemies come in. Node goes red, they stay withing 5-10k of it, turrets come up, and now the farming session has begun.