Why not add -useful- Cartel services?

WhoDaresWins

For all the penny pinching EAWare seem to be pulling with the Market it utterly baffles me that two of the most basic (for this day and age) MMO services are not available to buy: paid server transfers, character rennames and re customisation.

Race and gender changes I left out due to the whole dialogue specific trouble that causes, but really why not? They've done server transfers for free in the past and now I ended up stuck on a EU server with zero role play on it. I don't want to remake my launch character just to get in on that. It took me fifty levels to notice how deformed my Agent looks, why not give us the option to change that? Its things people would take advantage of. Even WARHAMMER has paid name changes and we all know how behind the times that game is.

Of all the useless things on the Store why not put these in?

Edited by WhoDaresWins

For all the penny pinching EAWare seem to be pulling with the Market it utterly baffles me that two of the most basic (for this day and age) MMO services are not available to buy: paid server transfers, character rennames and re customisation.

Of all the useless things on the Store why not put these in?

I've stated before that BW is unlikely to not include these out of a horror of making money off of them. There's either some technical limitations (either things have to be done en masse due to bad database optimizations and lack of keys, or something is black-boxed and the guy who designed it has moved on and they're still trying to figure out how to to do it) or there's some organizational limitation (they plan to segregate F2P and paid players onto separate servers at some point, or they're working on completely changing appearance options and don't want to waste time on intermediate steps).

I still think it's the former -- they lost a LOT of people after the first few months and more after the move to F2P, and lord knows what kind of kludge coding they have set up for naming, facial appearances and server destinations.

Probably due to technical limitations and lack of staff / knowledge to get it done, same reason one year later there still isn't a way to copy chars to the test environment.

And I'm with the poster above, there is no way EA forgoes the money these service would bring in unless the cost to implement is significantly high and / or there are technical limitations that cannot be overcome.

Character Transfers are coming...

Believe or not, BW already begun the first step which was the option to add more character slots to a server.

Next step will be to make a process where character copy to the PTS would be automated to anyone who would like to participate. Get it working smoothly.

Then we should finally see character transfers as a paid service.

Wish we did have a better time line than, "This year".

They already said transfers are in the pipeline; the "coming soon" live to test transfer feature is the beta for this, and they will use that system to do the live to live (no doubt paid for CC) transfers in the future. Rename I have no idea about, but you're right it's dumb that they don't allow that and restyle. Then again, it took them six months after launch just to get a stupid group finder in; they're not known for epic speed in rolling out basic features that should have been in game a year ago.