SW comics

Doomedelk

I want to get into some comics, and a recent trip to a comic book store with a friend boggled my mind with the amount of star wars comics there are out there.

Does anybody have any suggestions? the only EU thing that I've read is the first Darth Bane book, which i enjoyed.

I want to get into some comics, and a recent trip to a comic book store with a friend boggled my mind with the amount of star wars comics there are out there.

Does anybody have any suggestions? the only EU thing that I've read is the first Darth Bane book, which i enjoyed.

Get the KOTOR comics, I think you will like them. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_0:_Crossroads

It stars Zayne Carrick a padawan who tends to have bud luck at the worst times possible.

And many more SW comics are coming around the corner so it seems from SDCC.

Star Wars Legacy, Star Wars Legacy: War, Dawn of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Republic, Darth Vader and the Last Command, Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison are some good ones.

Edited by Eillack

I'd recommend the Tales of the Jedi series. They make up a great epic story and are written by people who have had a lot of influence in the EU. It is the main source that this game was based off.

Tales of the Jedi was one of the series that I saw there, but it seems there's so many different series with the "Tales of the Jedi" name on it, so which issues in the "Tale of the Jedi" series would be a good place to start?

• 2 weeks later...

Try reading Star wars Visionaries one of the best books i have ever read. I was made by the concept artists for episode 3 .

also if you can find them read through some star wars tales. You get about three stories per comic, some of them good some of them bad some of them amazing.

Tales of the Jedi and Knights of the Old Republic are all very good and I recommend them.

My favorite SW comic though is Crimson Empire(Darkhorse), starring a couple of my favorite EU characters. It gives you a better look at the Imperial Guard than the movies(these guys are the elite of the elite, not just noobs who get owned by Jedi like they do in the movies) and is a story about revenge, loyalty and honor on the Imperial side. The ultimate battle is about 13 pages of epicness as well.

Edited by Temeluchus

Not sure how readily available it might be since it's kind of old, but a really good comic series that I would recommend is X-Wing Rogue Squadron: The Phantom Affair. It stars Wedge Antilles and other members of Rogue Squadron, and has some great artwork. There are 4 issues.

I'll also recommend Tales of the Jedi - they are, after all, the basis of the entire Old Republic setting.

For some more light-hearted fare, there's the Droids series, starring everyone's fave droid duo, R2 and 3PO.

I would say Legacy: Broken and Claws of the Dragon and MAYBE Vector. Rest of the Series is so-so for me.

KOTOR is good as it feels like the A New Hope did, not to dark is what I mean. Knight Errant: Aflame and Escape are good, one of the few works set during the dark age.

Tales of the Jedi is good, I would recommend starting with it.