Subscriber Servers

True_Jedi_knight

No.

F2P's major flaw at the moment is treating the F2P people as second class citizens. That design is rooted in the currency system. F2P'ers are required at all times to go through BioWare to get more Cartel Coins.

ToR should cost some arbitrary amount of Cartel Coins to play per month. When your sub is up, you're ported to fleet and must pay that arbitrary amount of Cartel Coins to continue playing. However, Cartel Coins should be tradeable and should be an actual currency between characters. There should be two tabs on the GTN, one for in game credits, one for Cartel Coins. This would allow the F2Pers to play the game, full features, assuming they put in enough effort. The subscribers wouldn't care, they get their coins every month and have all access, it's the job of the F2Pers to get the coins from us, or from buying the amount from BioWare, equal to what it would be for a month's subscription.

Segregating servers would lead to too many problems, the biggest of which would be breakdown of community.

Edited by TalonKorr

I don't get why people have such a problem with f2p people. If it wasn't for them this game probably would be dead.

@Talon you make so very good points.

The whole point of F2P is for BW/EA to make a greater profit. Period. Allowing CC to be traded or bought without spending some green backs defeats the purpose.

Edited by sumuser

The whole point of f2p (at least from a publicity point of view) was to try and get extreme casuals back into the game to play with their friends. In the end, if they did this change I don't think subscriber servers would see too drastic of a change, but f2p servers would just be terrible. Even if the population wasn't an issue, level 50 content would definitely be one, and a lot of people wouldn't even bother at that point. Edited by Synavix

What happens to F2P players' characters when they subscribe? Do they have to start over on a "subscriber" server? Or do their characters get transfered to a "subscriber" server, and they leave all their F2P friends behind, and have to try to start all over with trying to find new friends in a whole new community?

Do subscribers who unsubscribe, whether for several days or several months, lose access to the "subscriber" server? Do they get booted off the "subscriber" server and have all their characters moved to a F2P server? Or do they just lose access to them and have to start all over on a "free" server? If so, what happens to those new characters on the "free" server when they re-subscribe?

This idea was already posted in general discussion or the suggestion box or something, and it got the same reaction. No one but the OP wanted it. I am guessing this is the same guy that posted it there. I am also guessing that he does not play on this server, and as just posting this all over the forums in some sort of desperate crusade against free to play.