Bugged / Missing Codex for Republic Players

WolfpackAW

I have to say, I will have to go back and try to get the ones not on this list now that I've found it. I decided to see if anybody had done this when I went back and found out that they had fixed the codex for Hero of Gorinth Canyon.

I have tried a couple times to fill out my entries and have given up because Bioware has shown no interest in working on one of my favorite aspects to an MMO. It further frustrated me when they added "achievement mounts" that had nothing to do with codex entries nor achievements, but were just quests with rewards that were mounts. Quests that forced me to return to content I hadn't done for months just so I could get the mount when they could have actually looked at my codex entries and seen I'd done the content already. Hugely frustrating.

On a side note, somebody asked if there were codex entries in ops. There are quite a few in your codex logs under Epic Enemies. Also there may be more, but I remember finding a lore object that gave a codex entry in Explosive conflict. It's a clickable mining cart in the operation.

As I previously responded on one of these posts, if you put in tickets and get the helpful CSRs (and yes there are some), they will credit you for several bugged ones. I think I have received something like 34 that way. They just verify that it's a known issue and that you have completed the planet and boom - there you go. Gotten my Sentinel's codex to 639/742. Missing 3 pvp titles and the hm Kephess kill that would put me at 644/742. That leaves 98 that are bugged, removed or I just don't know about. Keep checking the sites though - this community (the codex hunters for lack of a better term) has been extremely useful.

Edited by Twolightsabers

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about Jokull (Voss). I've completed Primary Target before it's fix and didnt recieve the codex. After, i've completed it with my twink and got the codex. But the quest is not available on my main character, i've partied with mate during this quest - and still didnt got it.

so i think, characters, who completed this quest before fix are no longer able to get the Jokull codex.

p.s. if there's other way to get it and im wrong - post pls )

Edited by loveburrito

about Jokull (Voss). I've completed Primary Target before it's fix and didnt recieve the codex. After, i've completed it with my twink and got the codex. But the quest is not available on my main character, i've partied with mate during this quest - and still didnt got it.

so i think, characters, who completed this quest before fix are no longer able to get the Jokull codex.

p.s. if there's other way to get it and im wrong - post pls )

This seems like a prime example for customer service to help you. Open a ticket (right in the game) and tell them just that. They can verify that you did finish those quests and give you the entry.

• 2 weeks later...
As a jedi knight I have 93/97 Locations but I can't account for 3 of the missing ones. I know The Elysium on Alderaan is broken, but have no idea about the others. I've also checked swtor-spy's location page and checked everything there, but I must have missed something somewhere. Any ideas?

Slave Trading on Nar Shaddaa for Republic Players is at 2456, -1552 in Shadow Town. Saw it during the Chevin event. Maybe the event caused it to appear for some reason? Not sure if it will be there only temporarily. Edited by Claymaniac

Confirm coordinates please, I see no neg numbers on my Y on that area...

Found it. Followed the 2456 X coordinate. I show it at X:2458, Y: 3154, Z: -1552 (Current Loc)

There is a bug : If you open the main map. the player position shows (X,Y) as 2458,-1552, which is actually the Z number. Weird they haven't fixed this yet. If you put the cursor right on your char on the map, cursor shows (X,Y) 2458, 3154)...

Edited by TheIronMonkey

Confirm coordinates please, I see no neg numbers on my Y on that area...

Found it. Followed the 2456 X coordinate. I show it at X:2458, Y: 3154, Z: -1552 (Current Loc)

There is a bug : If you open the main map. the player position shows (X,Y) as 2458,-1552, which is actually the Z number. Weird they haven't fixed this yet. If you put the cursor right on your char on the map, cursor shows (X,Y) 2458, 3154)...

I normally just make another step after openning the map, after that it changes the coordinates to show it like it should be. Otherwise I had done the same you did to find it, but I forgot to post here then about the issue.

I'm one of those that would like to find all the lore and put tick marks next to all the codex entries. Being back on Nar Shadda I remembered that the Titles here seem broken (?). I completed all of the quests.

Especially the "Shadow Hunter" title would be nice. Hoping the promised codex update 'in the near future' appers soon :)

Probably one of the worst areas on the codex is Titles, maybe Species. The titles seem to have suffered a major change after Beta, and apparently the codex was too UN-important to update it. I barely pay attention to them because you mostly will get them upon completion of a quest/series of quest, or they just don't exists. I expect in a future cleanup of the codex they will just be deleted.

BTW, I sent a request to customer service and I got my Jedi Weapons codex from Tython which apparently was bugged and now isn't. :) So keep sending those requests. I have had 3 codex fixed in the last couple of weeks on my toons (assigned to me after proving I should have earned it).

Is Rakghoul's Bane still an in-game title?

I've beat HM Kaon and HM LI 3 times now and don't have it.:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Send in-game request, that you are available to have this title. I've sent it in may, live-chatted with support and i've been granted that title

As a jedi knight I have 93/97 Locations but I can't account for 3 of the missing ones. I know The Elysium on Alderaan is broken, but have no idea about the others. I've also checked swtor-spy's location page and checked everything there, but I must have missed something somewhere. Any ideas?

I'm also a knight (guardian) and I'm 93/97 on locations. I think it may be the max for us at this time.

Here I will summarize some information from CS answers about codex entries. My class is Jedi Knight. So:

Granted through ticket by CS

Rakghoul's Bane - Titles

Combat Ratings - Game Rules

Tython - Jedi Weapons - Lore

Coruscant - Darth Angral - Persons of Note

Alderaan - Bouris Ulgo - Persons of Note

Corellia - The Outer Rim Jedi Forces - Organizations

Not granted, removed from game

Taris - Mandalorian Bane - Titles

Nar Shaddaa - Scourge of the Underworld - Titles

Tatooine - SIS Operative - Titles

Alderaan - Paladin of House Organa - Titles

Hoth - Ice Wars Veteran - Titles

Belsavis - Master of the Burning Way - Titles

Voss - Ambassador of the Republic - Titles

Corellia - Liberator of Corellia - Titles

Ilum - Master Jaric Kaedan - Persons of Note

• 1 month later...
Wingmaw on Tython is bugged for me and so is Savrip on Ord Mantell. Oh and a Datacron on Courscant, says there are 6 in the Codex but all the guides say there are only five.

You need to kill the Champion Savrip to get the Savrip bestiary update for Ord Mantell.

Also, looking at notes I made for my Jedi earlier, apparently you will get Wingmaw (for Tython codex) on Balmorra, not Tython. My notes said there is a quest on Taris that will send you there. And to quote a helpful player (don't have the name anymore, sorry :( ):

"I got my codex entry from “Scavenging Wingmaw”, at the area before Sundari Flatlands X: 283 Y: 1794 .

Gives codex entry for Balmorra and Tython." (for Republic - but Empire would be in same area)

While I'm posting (which I do rarely) - I am also one of those players who likes to complete the codex in a zone before moving on. I started the game, and left for a while - because it's pretty disheartening to see that something this (seemingly) simple is not a priority at all. I'm playing because some of my daughter's friends are playing - but I foresee leaving again soon if this continues to be ignored. It just leaves a bad taste - and sends the message (to me) -"we aren't really paying attention to detail, we are not concerned about having a polished game, we've moved on." I imagine that a lot of the F2Per's will want to be completing their codex entries also - will that make a difference? I hope so ...

After the last update (I assume) the Balmorra codex entry 'The Invasion of Balmorra' seems to be bugged. I cannot click on the lore object in the Balmorran Arms Factory. Send a ticket to the helpdesk few days ago, no answer yet.

It is broken for quite some time now, at least two months or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the following granted through an in-game ticket:

Game Rules - Combat Ratings

Titles - Rakghoul's Bane

Tython - Terentatek - Besitary

Ord Mantell - Keldor - Species

Coruscant - Sullustan - Species

Nar Shaddaa - Gen'Dai - Species

Nar Shaddaa - Gundark - Bestiary

Nar Shaddaa - Slave Trading on Nar Shaddaa - Lore

Tatooine - History of Tatooine - Lore

Tatooine - Sand Rot - Lore (Jedi Consular only)

Alderann - Killik - Species

Alderaan - The Elysium - Locations

Alderaan - Bouris Ulgo - Persons of Note

Quesh - The Three Families - Lore

Hoth - Caught Between Two Foes - Lore

Hoth - The White Maw Pirates - Organizations

Hoth - The Chiss Ascendancy - Organizations

Hoth - Chiss - Species

Hoth - Ortolan - Species

Hoth - Talz - Species

Voss - Gormak - Species

Voss - Jokull - Persons of Note

Voss - Voss - Species

Corellia - The First Son - Persons of Note (Jedi Consular only)

Corellia - Drall - Species

Corellia - Selonian - Species

Ilum - Kath Hound - Bestiary

Ilum - Asharl Panther - Bestiary

Ilum - Bogwing - Bestiary

Hope that helps.

-Andov

Sounds good Andov, but in which category did you reported this? I mean I did it also for 'The Invasion of Balmorra' and they were going to grant it to me, but they never did. When I send another ticket to them to remind them about it, they send me a standard 'we thank you for reporting a bug and we will solve it, but we don't reply otherwise to these messages'

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on the codex with this new major patch?

The reason I quit the game in the first place was the fact that it was impossible for me to finish the Codex. Played my starting zone area (and never got all the codex stuff after hours and hours of searching) and then headed to the other starting zone and found that I could not even get 50% of the codex entries. Kept playing but kept running into problems all over the place with the codex stuff. Finally quit playing at lvl 40.

One that really ticked me off was a datacron that could not be reached by players of a certain body size because the hole in the wall was too small! Something like that should be fixed asap when some players can do something and others can't.

After reading this thread, it looks like they are planning a fix for the codex. Has it happened it? That posts was a few months ago. Class/faction codex entries need to be all flagged so ONLY that class or side can even see it in the list of possible codex entries to find.

Planning on starting a new toon (and might even resub to get my bonus coins for things like the CE) but ONLY if most (hopefully all) the codex problems have been fixed. Why such a MAJOR system to the game for story and lore remained bugged (might still be) for so long is just insane and shows that Bioware really doesn't care too much about fixing things.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pet hate for me too... Please fix them soon Bioware, I'd like something to do in between Ops, PVP and FPs. Even if it's just planet by planet on each successive patch, that'd be fine too, as a long as it gets done.

For future codex goodness, it would be nice if there was a carrot attached to it all, such as increased +1 base state per completed section of a Planet with all codex found, but that's just a pipe dream :p