Romance progression past a certain point

JediMarneus

So I'm playing the Jedi Knight story (I'm up to Voss, Chapter 3), and I've gotten to the point where I marry Kira.

Now from what I've seen, it seems that that's the end of everything. There are no more lovey-dovey scenes and no more dialogue regarding your relationship; only a quest about Kira's childhood friend. And there's not even an option to "come clean" and go public after Kira uncovers the gossip on Satele. Anyone else disappointed by this?

Also, a little variation on the 'lovey-dovey' would be nice. There's only a kiss every now and then, but no hugs or anything.

Yes I know what you are talking about and it happens to other classes as well. It would seem (from the three class storys i have played so far) that romances you have never come up again or play any part of anything, the same can be said of almost all other companion storys. I find this sad, as i would love to see the companions and my relation to them play a bigger part in the story.

Well, this is MMO and further storyline progression (possibly/hopefully incl romance) is to be expected as the game expands. Don't expect BW to tell a complete story since they wouldn't have material for expansions if they did. ;)

Dont mean to be all negative, but I'm not holding my breath on this anytime soon. That's 40 different companions they would need to expand on.

Dont mean to be all negative, but I'm not holding my breath on this anytime soon. That's 40 different companions they would need to expand on.

They've pretty much said it's not feasible to do companion story updates given that most players only use one companion. I don't think we'll see updates to companion stories any time in the next year. If we're lucky, we''ll see some expansion of the story by 2014, but I'd guess that 2013 will be WZs, FPs, and raids.

As far as the OP:

Once you get to the romance option, that's usually about it. Some companions have a quest or two past that, but after that... it just stops. You get one or two e-mails the same day you reach 10k affection and finish the quests, and then there's nothing.

well I really liked the letters and I think they could have:

- allowed us to save the letters we receive (just like in Wow)

- change the chit-chat that the romance-able companions say when we click on them, once your character marry them.

And i am of the same opinion as Tommot above, I don't think we'll get any update on either the class stories or the companion stories anytime soon...

Edited by Oggthebase

well I really liked the letters and I think they could have:

- allowed us to save the letters we receive (just like in Wow)

- change the chit-chat that the romance-able companions say when we click on them, once your character marry them.

And i am of the same opinion as Tommot above, I don't think we'll get any update on either the class stories or the companion stories anytime soon...

It doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult for Bioware to add in e-mails/letters now and again, especially if they only added them in for romanceable companions.

They DO exist. The point he was making was we can't KEEP them passed 30 days or so.

I think you misread my reply. Every romance companion has 2-3 e-mails that you get almost immediately after completing the romance; this can happen somewhere in the high 9000's on the affection meter. However, after those mails there is nothing more from your romance-able companion.

I know the previous poster wanted to be able to save the mails we already get, and I agree it would be nice to be able to save mail from particular npcs.