Returning player wants to see where his comapnion stories are at.

Volki

Hi and thanks. I have a lvl 50 Jedi Knight and would like to see where I have to take my companions to do their storylines. Some aren't due yet, if memory serves, but I know I have to take Kira to some planet to continue her story.

Where do I look this up? Isn't there a "companion story interface"? I have no idea how to find where I'm at with my companion storylines.

Thank much!

You can find what step and where to go to complete the next step in the storyline by looking at your current missions. The companions' missions to go someplace besides a cantina or ship show up here under a "Companion" category.

To see if they want to meet at a rest area or your ship, get them out and look at their portrait. If you see a yellow ship or person icon, then they want to talk to you at your ship or a rest area.

Torhead.com has a list of all the companion missions here:

http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/8

Jedi Knight: http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/8/subcatg/5

You can find what step and where to go to complete the next step in the storyline by looking at your current missions. The companions' missions to go someplace besides a cantina or ship show up here under a "Companion" category.

To see if they want to meet at a rest area or your ship, get them out and look at their portrait. If you see a yellow ship or person icon, then they want to talk to you at your ship or a rest area.

Torhead.com has a list of all the companion missions here:

http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/8

Jedi Knight: http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/8/subcatg/5

In my mission log I see no "Companion" category. I see that Doc wishes to speak with me on my ship but this is a recent event.

Kira shows no Icon of the sort when I summon her, but, unless memory fails, I was supposed to go with her to some planet and help some people there. I'm pretty sure that at the time it was too hard for me and I didn't do it. Still, I could be mistaken.

Is there always a Companion category "slot, or whatever it's called" when I pull up my log, or only when they actually have a mission to do with me?

Thank so much for your help!

Edited by Volki

In my mission log I see no "Companion" category. I see that Doc wishes to speak with me on my ship but this is a recent event.

Kira shows no Icon of the sort when I summon her, but, unless memory fails, I was supposed to go with her to some planet and help some people there. I'm pretty sure that at the time it was too hard for me and I didn't do it. Still I could be mistaken.

Is there always a Companion category "slot, or whatever it's called" when I pull up my log, or only when they actually have a mission to do with me?

Thank so much for your help!

The companion mission category is only visible when you have a mission related to a companion's story. If there is none then there is no mission. Maybe you did the mission and do not remember?

The companion mission category is only visible when you have a mission related to a companion's story. If there is none then there is no mission. Maybe you did the mission and do not remember?

That's a possibility. Perhaps I did do that mission.

Thank you for the link to the missions (which I am looking at now), and thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

The companions have to like you, and you must be past certain points in your class story.

So if you completely don't remember where you are, the first step is to buy some gifts, either from the gift vendor on the capital world, or from the GTN, and get your companions to like you by 1000-2000 points more. That should get another conversation in the cantina going, and then you can figure out where you are.

If you don't get a conversation even though the companions like you at 8000-9000 then you must progress your class story past the next plot point.

Lack of in-game journal for companions (and for the class story, really) is why I keep a journal in Notepad. Alt-tab out periodically and type up what I just did or conversations I had.

Look into your legacy which companions are unlocked already. If not unlocked yet, you still have some comp mission to do. In general you should have around 6000 affection to get get all comp mission and must be at a certain point in your class story. You can always finish this up at max lvl, so don't worry.

Just keep in mind that only one companion per character class will actually have a quest you actually perform with them. (Kira in the Jedi Knight's case). All other companions merely have dialogue, or go off on their own for adventures you never actually see, and they will never have their quests show up in your log.

And as already said, only way to advance their quests/conversation any more is to increase their affection and progress your class quests.