Please repeal the hologram npc decision

siegeshot

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I consider myself a serious roleplayer and I, too, would like the companions to NEVER appear as holograms. This would make them far more useful as decorations.

If they do have to appear as holograms, I hope it's only the active companion. I really don't like it when I don't have the companion yet at all and it shows up as a hologram.

• 3 weeks later...
The excuse I often hear is that "it makes no sense for Malavai Quinn and Corso Riggs to be playing sabaac together". People are so afraid that we'll do something that looks weird.

But so what? So what if someone creates a mildly lore-stretching scene?

Moreover, most of us RPers use companions as props: Malavai Quinn *isn't* Malavai Quinn, and my Sith warrior isn't The Sith Warrior from Bioware's Story.

Considering we have Sith and Jedi cooperating on more than one occassion, i don`t think it even is at all lore breaking for Malavi Quinn and Corso Riggs to play sabacc:D

• 3 weeks later...
That's a really good point I hadn't thought of. Now that some of the companions are "lost", no longer available to many of us, they can't be anything but holograms. That's really awkward and takes away from our decorating options. It sure would be nice if companion decos were never holograms, or at least only when they're standing next to us.

It would probably be easy for them to fix, if they would. They could add a button or something to control the light effect on/off of companions, to show normal or hologram. (While they are at it they could make the glowing rakgoul pets -gold and blue- from CM actually glow as decoration instead of looking plain and normal gray in SH - this glitch must be what the companions need) :rak_02:

Also has anyone tried the new animal companions or droids in strongholds? How do they look holographic? I would want to see them as they are in the game, like the pets in strongholds. Why would you talk to your animal companion in hologram form? :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I found a way around the holograms.

There's some bugged hooks in my stronghold that keep datacrons there even after I pick them up.

So I've got all the small hook Eternal Champs standing on top.

And guess what? All of them are non-hologram versions!

I found a way around the holograms.

There's some bugged hooks in my stronghold that keep datacrons there even after I pick them up.

So I've got all the small hook Eternal Champs standing on top.

And guess what? All of them are non-hologram versions!

Really? Could you please "post" the hooks? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I'd like both. Some (like Marr) I'd like as a holo and other as the real deal.

Easiest implementation would be to have two separate items. Or even three: Always Holo, Never Holo, Holo when companion present.

Or just have it toggleable when you right click on them.