1 v 1 Championship Results

ManiacDavis

No Sorcerors or Sages there who managed to heal to full + make attackers pay ?

No, but we have sins that can apparently win every 1v1 fight, and cry they are underpowered because they can't win 1v3 fights too. You know, because they aren't balanced until they can fight in open PVP without stealth AND murder everyone 1v1. HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE SINS BIOWARE? Hopefully forever.

Then we have Op DPS that cry because they aren't as strong as sins. We can't maul!

Sigh...

I am forever shunned from Jung Ma after I crashed a Cathar wedding on the lovely beaches of Novare Coast.

You are a hero to PVPers everywhere.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.. I watched a vid of wakalord losing to belligerent. During the vid you can hear an audio of waka admitting he was really surprised how well jug tanks in DPS gear perform. This I found interesting given the fact that jugs have the best 1v1 specs in the game. It pretty much means that nobody on the bastion even plays these specs. Belligerent is a good player, he came from the harbinger but by no means was he the best jug, despite taking out the harbinger 1v1 comps as well. Shao, for instance, who doesn't compete in 1v1's was asked by belligerent to help him warm up for the tourney. Belligerent lost every fight. Stealth classes do have very good 1v1 specs but they aren't the 1v1 kings. There are a couple of non stealth specs which trump all stealth specs.

Oh really, and 3rd place too... its so fun reading assasins crying about MOAR BUFFS on PTS forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673129

Yes because PvP should be balanced around 1v1 where Assassins excel, right? They simply do not bring the pressure to TEAM matches, which is where the buff is wanted. Learn something before opening your mouth.

Edited by Devilk

Oh really, and 3rd place too... its so fun reading assasins crying about MOAR BUFFS on PTS forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673129

Well you're right in the sense that sins do very good at dueling, they just don't fill arena roles as well as other classes which is why they are asking for buffs. All the stuff xinika listed about the class is accurate. I've got all the "good" 55's so I have a pretty good idea of the balance and sins are pretty much bottom of the barrel for everything but best at nodeguarding and dueling, and even then I think other classes are close to pushing sins down the ladder in nodeguarding.

Also honestly I'm not even convinced sins are the best at dueling, I think it's just there are more sins who duel a lot and not enough juggs/snipers/pt's etc who duel. There's video footage of belligerent (some kind of hybrid jugg) beating waka by a good margin in duels and IDK if waka ever figured out a way to beat it. Belligerent won the last harbinger dueling tournament but didn't stick around on bastion long enough to get into this tourney (he's either on pot5 now or quit the game).

In any case, I'd gladly give up my "leet dueling class" status and have it changed into a class that can actually fill a good rated slot (tank or dps) in a heartbeat, cuz frankly who cares about dueling? :(

Edited by JP_Legatus

yes, because the game should be balanced around 1v1s that makes perfect sense.

Thanks Maniac, gotta say I didn't expect a lot of celebration but I'm nonetheless more than a bit alienated by everyone's attitude about the results. Given recent Bastion happenings, I guess entering was a lose-lose decision anyways, meh. The credits are nice though.

thanks for hosting the tourney

I thought the duel was very interesting. Damn if you do, and damn if you don't.

People will always be butthurt no matter what happens. Then they will blame it on cheats,hacks, RNG, and anything else you can think of.

Sometimes, people aren't as good as they think

Edited by General_Aldo

I thought the duel was very interesting. Damn if you do, and damn if you don't.

People will always be butthurt no matter what happens. Then they will blame it on cheats,hacks, RNG, and anything else you can think of.

Sometimes, people aren't as good as they think

People will always whine and complain in pvp.

Yes because PvP should be balanced around 1v1 where Assassins excel, right? They simply do not bring the pressure to TEAM matches, which is where the buff is wanted. Learn something before opening your mouth.

Go back to your pve, cuz PvP its all about burst and control, not "bring pressure". There is no pressure, there is fast burst kills with alpha first strike advantage, during chain stunlock, when 2-3 sins appears from nowhere, kills in 5-8 sec and disappear again.

Learn something about pvp before opening your mouth.

Cannot wait when Bioware nerf assasins to dps operatives current state.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Well you're right in the sense that sins do very good at dueling, they just don't fill arena roles as well as other classes which is why they are asking for buffs. All the stuff xinika listed about the class is accurate. I've got all the "good" 55's so I have a pretty good idea of the balance and sins are pretty much bottom of the barrel for everything but best at nodeguarding and dueling, and even then I think other classes are close to pushing sins down the ladder in nodeguarding.

Also honestly I'm not even convinced sins are the best at dueling, I think it's just there are more sins who duel a lot and not enough juggs/snipers/pt's etc who duel. There's video footage of belligerent (some kind of hybrid jugg) beating waka by a good margin in duels and IDK if waka ever figured out a way to beat it. Belligerent won the last harbinger dueling tournament but didn't stick around on bastion long enough to get into this tourney (he's either on pot5 now or quit the game).

In any case, I'd gladly give up my "leet dueling class" status and have it changed into a class that can actually fill a good rated slot (tank or dps) in a heartbeat, cuz frankly who cares about dueling? :(

Long live plastic-cup. Thats probably the best kid gamer ive ever seen

Go back to your pve, cuz PvP its all about burst and control, not "bring pressure". There is no pressure, there is fast burst kills with alpha first strike advantage, during chain stunlock, when 2-3 sins appears from nowhere, kills in 5-8 sec and disappear again.

2-3 of any burst spec should blow you up if they were't deception. They can appear OP in regs but in ranked it's a completely different experience. You have to be an exceptional player to use one at high end PvP and even then they're not all the popular as few ranked teams used them.

2-3 of any burst spec should blow you up if they were't deception. They can appear OP in regs but in ranked it's a completely different experience. You have to be an exceptional player to use one at high end PvP and even then they're not all the popular as few ranked teams used them.

Because, it should take 2-3 DPS to take down a sin. That's what they consider 'balanced'

Yet the QQ about sins being underpowered in the PTS forum is epic.

+1 on waiting for assassin nerfs.

Because, it should take 2-3 DPS to take down a sin. That's what they consider 'balanced'

Yet the QQ about sins being underpowered in the PTS forum is epic.

+1 on waiting for assassin nerfs.

What are you talking about. Assassins get blown up as easily as any spec.

What I was implying to the great assassin troll Tony was 2-3 sins 'popping out of stealth' and killing a target in less than 10 seconds can be achieved by any three of any bust spec.

Edited by cycao

As some in the thread have already mentioned, Sin/Shadows are an excellent 1v1 dueling class primarily because they gain the initiative in every fight due to stealth. However, their sustained DPS is still poor by any standard (I believe they are the lowest parsing class, but Ops/Scrappers may be lower) and they are still the weakest of the three Tanking ACs. So, yes, they do need more love.

Gratz to Wakalord on another 1v1 tourney victory. Everybody was gunning for him and he stepped up to the challenge.

Hopefully, we have another Tourney after 2.4. My PT will have gear at that time and I look forward to participating.

You think too highly of yourself.

Assassin dps is a joke in warzones, even in 1v1 for me.

Whenever I get attacked by one, I hardly notice them. I never pay any attention to them, since they do no damage against me. Any damage they do against me I just heal in 5 secs

You think too highly of yourself.

Assassin dps is a joke in warzones, even in 1v1 for me.

Whenever I get attacked by one, I hardly notice them. I never pay any attention to them, since they do no damage against me. Any damage they do against me I just heal in 5 secs

Respec arsenal, and duel a few. I promise you'll notice, and you won't be healing back that 60%-70% initial health loss in five seconds.

As some in the thread have already mentioned, Sin/Shadows are an excellent 1v1 dueling class primarily because they gain the initiative in every fight due to stealth. However, their sustained DPS is still poor by any standard (I believe they are the lowest parsing class, but Ops/Scrappers may be lower) and they are still the weakest of the three Tanking ACs. So, yes, they do need more love.

Gratz to Wakalord on another 1v1 tourney victory. Everybody was gunning for him and he stepped up to the challenge.

Hopefully, we have another Tourney after 2.4. My PT will have gear at that time and I look forward to participating.

Sustained damage can only come at the cost of burst, otherwise it's god-mode.

That, and your CC is on very short CD's compared to other classes.

How much maul are you willing to give up for your alpha strike? Anything? How about one minute CC's?

Seriously, how does one beat a decent sin in a 1v1? Guarding a node as anything other than a sin should be possible if your team doesn't have one, and it shouldn't take two players to do.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Respec arsenal, and duel a few. I promise you'll notice, and you won't be healing back that 60%-70% initial health loss in five seconds.

Sustained damage can only come at the cost of burst, otherwise it's god-mode.

That, and your CC is on very short CD's compared to other classes.

How much maul are you willing to give up for your alpha strike? Anything? How about one minute CC's?

Seriously, how does one beat a decent sin in a 1v1? Guarding a node as anything other than a sin should be possible if your team doesn't have one, and it shouldn't take two players to do.

I'm sorry, I thought assassin was suppose to be best 1v1 class? Or can they not kill a COMMANDO healer?

Take a good look. There are VERY RARE instances in warzones where a 1v1 situation takes place. Anyone who is a part of this instance is a regstar who is tunnel visioning dps.

I'm sorry, I thought assassin was suppose to be best 1v1 class? Or can they not kill a COMMANDO healer?

Take a good look. There are VERY RARE instances in warzones where a 1v1 situation takes place. Anyone who is a part of this instance is a regstar who is tunnel visioning dps.

So that's your justification for god mode? Sorry, I pay as much as you do for this game. I should have a chance to survive an encounter if you attack me that doesn't involve screaming for help from two or three other DPS to save me. I have almost zero chance as it is.

A commando healer might hold out, but he definitely isn't going to kill you either.

So that's your justification for god mode? Sorry, I pay as much as you do for this game. I should have a chance to survive an encounter if you attack me that doesn't involve screaming for help from two or three other DPS to save me. I have almost zero chance as it is.

A commando healer might hold out, but he definitely isn't going to kill you either.

What class(es) are you playing that are making assassins so difficult for you?

People will always whine and complain in pvp.

People will always look at 1 v 1 Championships and believe that "this is PvP".

Or, in other words : This Championship will set the mark for future PvP gaming in SWTOR - it is an benchmark for Arenas.

I expect people rerolling towards those classes which wre number 1,2,3 in this Championship. Because Arenas will more or less be 1 v 1. All the other classes will be considered irrelevant for Arenas.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I play the worst class in game. And on top of that, the worst spec. (Commando medic)

So no, I don't play an assassin. But I will tell you then need some help.

Stealth classes should be able to burst someone attacking out of stealth. It's the point of the class. If a stealth class can't deal a ton of burst damage for their openers, then what is the point of having them?

I bet you don't augment your gear, got no stim, and don't min/max. And, you probably don't know your class very well. So that's why you always get killed in 6 secs.

Respec arsenal, and duel a few. I promise you'll notice, and you won't be healing back that 60%-70% initial health loss in five seconds..

I lol'd here because you can tear sins apart spec'd arsenal. You're just not doing it right. Either inquisitor AC is at the mercy of an arsenal merc because of their light armor.

I lol'd here because you can tear sins apart spec'd arsenal. You're just not doing it right. Either inquisitor AC is at the mercy of an arsenal merc because of their light armor.

This is not true, good assassins should always beat a mercenary/commando. I was the only commando in the duel, and notice that I got beat by an assassin (2-1) and also beat an assassin previously (2-0). The assassin I beat was not very skilled at their class. In a duel, as a commando, the assassin will always get the drop on you, burst you to 50-70% (while you are stunned preventing you from using your defensive CDs), if you break, the assassin can stealth out, sap you and heal to full. A commando cannot heal themselves to full unless the assassin screws up and uses his cc break on something other than the commando's 8 second mezz.