exposed exovert...really...

DarthAeonis

It's kind of odd you are complaining about roughly one third of an armor design being released on the cartel market. The entire bottom portion is gone.

They didn't even edit it well. The quality of the work is amateurish. It's like looking at TES: oblivion/skyrim fan made skimpy armor mods. I don't find anything wrong with making skimpy armor out of existing armor sets, but I do expect higher quality edits from "professionals".

This is what the female variant looks like. http://puu.sh/6JIH3.jpg

and this is what I did in 10 minutes: http://puu.sh/6JIIM.jpg

I had to edit the red tubing a bit cause simply cutting them off looked dumb. They didn't seem to mind so much...

Texture editing isn't much different than altering images in photoshop. Assuming they use a similar system as other games.

my only issue was that they picked an armor set that required significant effort to obtain to remodel to give away. I mean yea it different but its clear was it was modeled from. I would rather they either use a model that was obtainable to everyone easily or just made anew set completely.

my only issue was that they picked an armor set that required significant effort to obtain to remodel to give away. I mean yea it different but its clear was it was modeled from. I would rather they either use a model that was obtainable to everyone easily or just made anew set completely.

It's not all that difficult to get battlemaster. I have 3 characters in the 70's with my other 55's in the 50's

You ≠ Everyone Else

I don't use this kind of gear on my characters either but no harm done, last I checked, for people to have fun on their own terms. It's a game after all.

I typically don't either, but I don't mind seeing them in the game.

Edited by Vinak

Well, this new set isn't very good. At least with the introverted the set matched and the cutout blended in, but this new top looks out place. I'm not buying this new set. Either the developers go and make a skimpy set that looks good or they don't bother and go with a standard look. This set is atrocious and doubt it those that are fans of skimpy outfits or standard armor will approve of this set. Edited by Knockerz

Well, this new set isn't very good. At least with the introverted the set matched and the cutout blended in, but this new top looks out place. I'm not buying this new set. Either the developers go and make a skimpy set that looks good or they don't bother and go with a standard look. This set is atrocious and doubt it those that are fans of skimpy outfits or standard armor will approve of this set.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm fairly sure that such stuff wouldn't be released if there isn't someone interested in the them, not to mention they need stuff like this, in order to counter-balance the rare and NOT so rare stuff, drop ratio wise.

Plus, yet again, fairly sure some people will go for this, either for trolling or for the novelty. I still laugh whenever I see a character clearly based on Hulk or Bud Spencer.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It's not all that difficult to get battlemaster. I have 3 characters in the 70's with my other 55's in the 50's.
+540K valor for BM (valor 60). That's a good deal of games (200-300 or so) just for a look when you have no interest in PvP'ing in the the first place.

And again, I like PvP and have a ton of high valor characters, it's just that i wasnt interested in PvP'ing on sniper or operative. I have a scoundrel I much rather play on for that mirror class, due to the people I can play with on the pub side, and I really hated sniper before I had enough points to play engineering properly. Even if enginerring is a super fan spec I'd rather not have to PvP on the imp side of my current server. So i basically "grinded" both just for the look of my PvE sets. I could have done a ton of more, to me, fun in-game stuff in that amount of time.

Edited by MidichIorian

there's nothing elitist about it. its about working for something vs being given something. and I already said its different. and no its not very different its a scaled down of the original. if u have eyes ud see that. 2nd I never said anything about caring for the set for its mods. why would I waste my time with lvl 50 mods??? that goes for everyone who brought that point up. I could care less about the mods, I care for the shell which is wat most ppl obtain the set for. 3rd yea I do think its a valid argument, that applies to all events as well. if the rakghoul event had never came back iwouldve been upset but I would've realized "hey I should've been there when they had it". and finally so wat if it annoys me? can I not be annoyed by something in game? do u applaud everything in this game? I doubt it. I never said anything about quitting like many ppl claim to do I merely stated my opinion on something I don't agree with. so everyone who replied with anything along the lines of "boohoo cry some more" ur just wasting my time and space in my thread so plz leave.

They arent being 'given' anything. Theyre exchanging money for a product. Stop acting like youre special..The armor is not the same. It doesnt have any sort of stats and has no bearing on your gaming experience.

CRIMOAR plz.

Well, this new set isn't very good. At least with the introverted the set matched and the cutout blended in, but this new top looks out place. I'm not buying this new set. Either the developers go and make a skimpy set that looks good or they don't bother and go with a standard look. This set is atrocious and doubt it those that are fans of skimpy outfits or standard armor will approve of this set.

I bought the Packs with this Armor on my Consular Alt. The moment I saw the preview of this. I instantly knew what gear I was going to run with for the remainder of this game til Endgame.

Sorry but the outfit is awesome. You dont like it? Dont wear it. Theres plenty of armor sets I dont find aesthetically pleasing but I dont try to speak for others when voicing that opinion. Nor do I bother telling others about it.

That's way better.

My issues with the bikini look still remain though. I don't get why they persist on the skimpy gear. All my toons are female and none of them has ever been in revealing clothes. We're at war, people, it's not a pageant contest.

I can't believe I still have to point this out to people...

This is why they are making outfits like this.

970+ posts and almost 174.000 views.

There is a demand for this kind of stuff.

I suggest you take a look at that thread I linked to... I'll bet there is a similar design in ther (although usually even more skimpy)