Tier 2.3 Gear Appearance is...

AshlaBoga

Here's a thought: use moddable gear, remod it, problem solved

My Op is running around in Battlemaster gear with War Hero mods. My Gunslinger is running around in Bounty Hunter Cartel armor. Complaints about new armor looking ugly are just funny.

Honestly I don't know why they don't just change it boss dropping mods instead of peices.

Why is this:

1. Almost all the tier gear they've released has been ugly.

2. Many people will put their stuff in orange gear anyway.

3. They always mess up the gear optimization so even if you get the set you have to remod it make it make sense.

4. Dropping 6 mats instead of 2 pieces would enable loot to be distributed more evenly so more people get loot off each boss.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't know why they don't just change it boss dropping mods instead of peices.

Why is this:

1. Almost all the tier gear they've released has been ugly.

2. Many people will put their stuff in orange gear anyway.

3. They always mess up the gear optimization so even if you get the set you have to remod it make it make sense.

4. Dropping 6 mats instead of 2 pieces would enable loot to be distributed more evenly so more people get loot off each boss.

LMAO I just said that earlier in the post. Produce all the gear they want.... but just have the mods/enhancements/armoring drop from boss mobs.

Do Hunters also get the emote /chickendance with that gear?

Seriously, doesn't their graphics team have an artist that isn't an haute couture fashion designer?

No, they get the " ****-a-doodle-doo!!!" emote, unfortunately it's bugged so it will be stuck on 24/7/365 making it impossible to hear anything in-game except for 1 day during the leap year.:p

Also it takes all of 10 seconds to erase the parts of the Sorc outfit that are lame: Just make the changes in this crappy photoshop BW and all will be well.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I don't know how many time people have said they wanted the tradional Jedi and Sith robes and nothing else. Seems BWs gag on us is to keep coming out with gear that is as far away from that as possible.

GUESS WHAT? Buy some level 10 orange gear from the GTN, and fill in the mods you've bought. There's your plain robes. For everyone else, they can wear different gear.

I can't understand the people who say they want 'old-fashioned' Star Wars themed gear. It's ALREADY THERE.

so now it's time for Banana Merc, lmao....

The antenna are from the head, the weird phallic spikes are from the shoulder.

The fetish for weird metal shoulders it's been in the game since launch. Nothing new here.

How long before they put the Supreme Inquisitor set into the market? A month?:rolleyes:

Well, they already nerfed the drop rate from the mobs who had the best chance at dropping it, which was already really low...

Edited by wainot-keel

Gear Tiers:

1.1 = Tionese/Xenotech/Energized

1.2 = Columi/Exotech

1.3 = Rakata

2.1 = Campaign/Black Hole

2.2 = Dread Guard/Hazmat

2.3 = *dun dun dun*

THIS --> http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rise-of-hutt-cartel-2.jpg

#1 - Why does my Sorc have antenna in his helm? Am I hooked up to the holonet???

#2 - Why is the BH gear so very very ugly? Why BW, why do you hate BHs?

#3 - Why does my Sorc have a triangle on top of his head? Is that the Dark Side version of the Tri-Force? I thought this was Star Wars, not Legend of Zelda.

Will the rest of the forums please provide

#4-#9001?

the helmet sucks but the robes are nice

Gear Tiers:

1.1 = Tionese/Xenotech/Energized

1.2 = Columi/Exotech

1.3 = Rakata

2.1 = Campaign/Black Hole

2.2 = Dread Guard/Hazmat

2.3 = *dun dun dun*

THIS --> http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rise-of-hutt-cartel-2.jpg

#1 - Why does my Sorc have antenna in his helm? Am I hooked up to the holonet???

#2 - Why is the BH gear so very very ugly? Why BW, why do you hate BHs?

#3 - Why does my Sorc have a triangle on top of his head? Is that the Dark Side version of the Tri-Force? I thought this was Star Wars, not Legend of Zelda.

Will the rest of the forums please provide

#4-#9001?

Thanks for teh high res. I am looking forward to the Warrior one, though. I am sure BH / Agent gear will be totally diffeent than in the pics (maybe those recolours will come, too) as they are Black Hole recolours there.

I'd love the Inquisitor gear to be slightly changed - diffferent headpiece and removed spikes should do and give him a really iconic look. Warrior gear doesn't really fit the position he acquires at the end of the class story. Makes him look too much of a brute. A slight bit. It's actually good - i'd love it black/grey.

Did you notice NEW HILTS?

Oh and generally those sets are just another reason why we need more different "orange" drops and the ops bosses to drop only commendations we can purchase modifications for. Really - who is designing the end game sets? So far, the best looking Jedi gear (Valiant armor!) came out on the cartel market. -_-

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Anyone who complains about their gear should just be thankful they don't play a Consular... unless you play a Consular and then you just laugh at other classes complaining about their gear.

I know, right? Why was it so hard to put in classic Jedi robes (like those from KotOR) for launch? But don't you worry, you'll get your Jedi look for only 15 quid per character once new sets hit cartel market.

Give a dye system, you would solve almost half of the problems with the lackluster gear creation.

Then, fire whoever it is coming up with the gear looks and hire someone new.

How would dye fix poor appearance design? As it is there is a dye system, if you don't like it wait till they re-dye it for for next tier.

I like most of this except for the BH rooster helm. Seriously though, if people here had it there way, it seems we'd only have black hood-up robes for Sith and brown hood-down robes for Jedi.....

If you guys dislike the new sets, there are TONS of other sets in game already you could use.

Edited by Galbatorrix

1. The Bounty Hunter gear is not new. The coloration is the former color before they cleaned it up for 1.5, and the model is the War Hero / Elite War Hero model.

2. All the agent stuff I have seen before, and doesn't look like any one single set but a combination of sets.

3. I would posit this is an old image, not current or new gear.