Republic Hacking On the Harbinger=out of control

jediharrsion

Ive never seen an instance of hacking. I play on the republic side all the time. Most of the time when people start screaming of hacking they really just dont know the skills of the class they are playing

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please stop, 99.9999% (internet statistic, yes I pulled it outta my ***) of what people think is hacking really isn't. If you had actually witnessed hacking, you would report it through official channels not whine in the forums about it. If you report it when it happens while in game, it gives the devs a timefrate and area to look into the information on file and perhaps catch the hackers. Jumping on the forum 3 days later to complain about it means no dev is gonna scan through 500 reams of paper worth of information to try to find that instance of hacking in one huttball match last week.

The question mark icon on your main menu bar is there for a reason, it not only sends in a report, it marks the time and place (instance) that this occurred and helps the devs with tracking down hacks and bugs in game. How do I know this? Because my team in VS once had seen the respawn glitch happen to the other team, and had them try planting the doors from behind. The entire team reported it via the bug report in game before we left the end of the match. Two weeks later it was fixed. Complaining in the forums doesn't get issues fixed, reporting it in game does.

END OF STORY, now quit clogging up the forums and bumping down our nerf X class threads!

Except the GMs are don't do anything at least on Red Eclipse. We caught an Imperial speed hacker assasin. Strangely he could also kill one of my teammates when we waited in respawn area at the beginning of round 2. Me, my guildmate, and several other team members are instantly reported this person - nothing happaned. A week later the ticket was gone without a reply.

Ive never seen an instance of hacking. I play on the republic side all the time. Most of the time when people start screaming of hacking they really just dont know the skills of the class they are playing

Yeah, well, I thought so too until I saw it happen myself. People like to complain, true, but sometimes it's actually very true.

Man these threads are like weeds.. Just when you think they've died off, they sprout right back up again.

Please stop, 99.9999% (internet statistic, yes I pulled it outta my ***) of what people think is hacking really isn't. If you had actually witnessed hacking, you would report it through official channels not whine in the forums about it. If you report it when it happens while in game, it gives the devs a timefrate and area to look into the information on file and perhaps catch the hackers. Jumping on the forum 3 days later to complain about it means no dev is gonna scan through 500 reams of paper worth of information to try to find that instance of hacking in one huttball match last week.

The question mark icon on your main menu bar is there for a reason, it not only sends in a report, it marks the time and place (instance) that this occurred and helps the devs with tracking down hacks and bugs in game. How do I know this? Because my team in VS once had seen the respawn glitch happen to the other team, and had them try planting the doors from behind. The entire team reported it via the bug report in game before we left the end of the match. Two weeks later it was fixed. Complaining in the forums doesn't get issues fixed, reporting it in game does.

END OF STORY, now quit clogging up the forums and bumping down our nerf X class threads!

No whats clogging the forum is blind hypocrites like you spamming your non contrucktive nonsence, thinking everthing is fine in swtor.. If you got a problem dont read it. Maybe the reason that he posts this is to make the issue public. Instead of waiting to weeks before getting standard email from bioware

Except the GMs are don't do anything at least on Red Eclipse. We caught an Imperial speed hacker assasin. Strangely he could also kill one of my teammates when we waited in respawn area at the beginning of round 2. Me, my guildmate, and several other team members are instantly reported this person - nothing happaned. A week later the ticket was gone without a reply.

No whats clogging the forum is blind hypocrites like you spamming your non contrucktive nonsence, thinking everthing is fine in swtor.. If you got a problem dont read it. Maybe the reason that he posts this is to make the issue public. Instead of waiting to weeks before getting standard email from bioware

They won't reply to a hacking report, it's against policy and that is how it is in EVERY game I've played. If you expect a reply for reporting bugs or hackers, you are sadly mistaken. All you can do as a player is report it and move on with your life. If you click on the help center and search the term bug, and click the link that tells how to report a bug, you will see at the very end: "While we will not respond to a bug report except to acknowledge receipt, please be assured we will investigate all bugs reported to us."

Simply put, they will not discuss the results of any investigation into hacking or exploiting, and do not have to reply. But that doesn't mean nothing was done about it. If you want something done about hacking, report it through official channels, not on a forum. A forum will get you nowhere, I don't care what game you play. The ticket creation system marks where you are, and when it happened when you create the ticket, this helps the Devs track down what is going on, and makes it easier to see if it's truly a hack/exploit going on. Crying on the forums will result in nothing being done about it. This is the same across all games I don't know why you'd think it would be different on SWTOR.

When I see what I think is a hack/exploit/bug, I report it with a ticket. And yes I have had a half dozen tickets made reporting such. I think about half have been even acknowledged. Calling me a hypocrite for giving good advice on how to catch hackers is being short-sighted. Again, complaining in the forums = 0% chance of anything being done, reporting it via ticket = >0% chance of anything being done. Your chances of something being done about it, are greater if you report it via ticket. But please don't expect a reply, automated or not.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on my rage jugg, and there was as slinger who used hack and I could not jump to him and he killed me.. ban him :(

most 'hacks' are easy to explain, some are gliches (used KB on ball carrier and he landed farer on my screen then in reality, and he resynced after I jumped dowm... annoying, but not hack), bugs (voidstar doors, used KB, one ended up in doors and could plant without being interrupted - annoying one),but mostly abilities unknown to player with his first '50' thinking his alfa and omega.

Well it has happened yet again tonight. republic exploiters or hackers or what ever they are made yet another few apperances this past week. And to no ones great surprise it was the same group of peaple and the same guilds.

Of course there are hacks and exploits. But the way you present your claims is on par with a guy tripping on acid telling us he saw U.F.O.s.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Actually, on the subject of Harbinger, cheating and Jango Fett...I did see a powertech use a speed boost in PVP the other day.

I was on my sorc in Novare Coast running from south to east. Pop my speed buff and a powertech actually managed to somehow run *past* me. He was on my team. I didn't want to report it because maybe I missed something but unless I'm mistaken there's nothing a PT can do that would make them go faster than a 300% speed buff right?

I know about hydraulic overrides, but that's only 30% right?

Edited by dcgregorya

Actually, on the subject of Harbinger, cheating and Jango Fett...I did see a powertech use a speed boost in PVP the other day.

I was on my sorc in Novare Coast running from south to east. Pop my speed buff and a powertech actually managed to somehow run *past* me. He was on my team. I didn't want to report it because maybe I missed something but unless I'm mistaken there's nothing a PT can do that would make them go faster than a 300% speed buff right?

All the PvP WZs have a speed pick up and if you're running from south to east, there's one tucked in the rocks there in that little valley just north of the southern bunker.

I have witnessed a few hacks in the game, all on the Imp side. Sorry, not singling them out, just MY expirience. I've witnessed a sorc speed run from thier side of the middle of the huttball field to score a goal, (I have a Sage and an Assassin, you CAN'T DO IT) and I've had an operative I believe was lvl 38 at the time do 4k of damage on me. I know going in lowbie PvP you get boosts to lvl 49, but you keep the skills you've got so far (i.e. a lvl 49 player will have more attacks than a lvl 25 player in the same WZ) and I don't know of any class that can do 4k damage at once (I could be wrong, so if I am please, PLEASE, enlighten me). They were with a whole group of players who I think were using hacks and I do believe most of us in the WZ reported them. I have heard of people teleporting but I have yet to see it myself.

Now on this subject, I'm wondering if there's a resolve hack. I have noticed in the WZs, if a player has enough stuns thrown on them, they have their resolve go up and you get an IMMUNE pop up. Ok with this in mind why is it I can be on a toon with limited stuns and get stunned by 3 or 4 players (usually Imp) stun the crap out of me and when I try it on my Imp toon with many stuns it never works? I've read that the Imps can chain stun. How is this possible? What about the resolve kicking in? Am I wrong? This why I'm asking, so I can be enlightened and not flamed, and improve MY PvP expirience.

I have a hack that makes whole teams horrible, so horrible they struggle to break 100k damage. I don't even need to be in your match to use it. And I use it, A LOT.

don't lie you just change the other team into lightning sorcs (free kills that never break 100k damage).

I have played since launch with multiple 50s. I usually pug and do get pug stomped by premades on both Imp and Pub side. However, the only thing I saw that was disconcerting was when an assassin was planting bombs in void star and could not be interrupted or targeted by myself or teammates. He did it twice. Not sure if it is a bug or glitch. Everyone just hit the report button. That is all you can do and go onto the next match. But it is funny when someone on my team calls an opponent out. Many times I look at the gear and its all Tionese gear and some 45 greens on the accuser.

All the PvP WZs have a speed pick up and if you're running from south to east, there's one tucked in the rocks there in that little valley just north of the southern bunker.

Hah, no I know about that. Wasn't there when I ran past it, maybe it respawned and I didn't see it - but he was coming from the respawn around the corner, neither of us went towards the gap in between the bases. I mean, it could be possible, lag does funky things, thats part of why I don't report things unless I see them consistently.

Edited by dcgregorya

I have played since launch with multiple 50s. I usually pug and do get pug stomped by premades on both Imp and Pub side. However, the only thing I saw that was disconcerting was when an assassin was planting bombs in void star and could not be interrupted or targeted by myself or teammates. He did it twice. Not sure if it is a bug or glitch. Everyone just hit the report button. That is all you can do and go onto the next match. But it is funny when someone on my team calls an opponent out. Many times I look at the gear and its all Tionese gear and some 45 greens on the accuser.

It is a very old bug, there is a complicated way to do this with a sniper but I think for other AC's it is random and the guy doing it does not know anything is wrong for him it all looks normal. It is not to be confused with the capping from inside of the door (someone capped and you were looking at the door and saw no one) That is also a bug that stealthers can trigger and I do see some people (rarely exploit it) just report in any event.

• 10 months later...

There's a speed boost to the north of the middle node in NC that he may have picked up, or a nearby Carnage Mara could have popped whatever the imp mirror of Transcendence is.

I PvP on both sides on The Harbinger and the only thing I've seen recently that was questionable was a Sorc in Huttball.

Note: This was in pre-level 30 PvP.

The Sorc picked up the ball from the middle and ran it towards the goal. As he approached the front of the pit, he slowed down to a crawl and started glitching side to side in rapid fashion. While doing this, no one could target or attack him. A few seconds after this glitching started, he appears in our end zone for the score. After he did it three times, Ops group just stopped and let them finish out the game (those that didn't leave the WZ).

That's the only questionable thing I've seen on Harbinger in a long time.

The title says it all The harbinger server is by far the worst server for Republic Hacking/Cheating. I know no action will be taken again'st these cheaters. So this will be yet another rant on the subject of cheating. and the hopeful wish that they will be dealt with

any evidence, any kind of proof at all besides a debatable claim. Or are you just assuming that they are hacking because like *no one* can beat you in a fair fight?

edit: just realized this is a necro, whats with you people and necros :rak_02:

Edited by Sangrar