The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love 'The Older Republic' suggestion, what a great name.

47 years young here and retired now from marketing in private industry.

Lucky enough to be at home whilst the other half does the earning, so I get lots of game time.

I queued around the block to see the original film more than once in Nottingham city centre back in 77.

I was playing EvE back when I was still working and must admit, not many of my colleagues knew I was a gamer, I never dared admit it really.

34 years old here and absolute fanboy of Starwars and anything which relates to SW including this game.

Coming from Holland and i'm a Managing Consultant for a recruitment company active in the petrochemicals..

And above all i'm a father of 4 :)

May the force be with you elder all ;)

I am 42, I used to work in a big internation company and now I dedicate myself to restructuring companies. All my friends now I play wow and I am not shy about my age, why should I.

Plus its fun to play with younger people I learn everytime new things and who cares anyway

PS so not 45 yet I know :)

43, Social Worker. I like moonlit walks on the beach, crochet and unicorns. Which is funny because as I was walking on the beach one night I met a unicorn and stabbed it to death with a knitting needle (thank you Skyrim).

And I'm very happy not to be the oldest bloke here.

:D

My first computer was a TRS-80 Model 1, so that should tell you something.

I just wish we had a thread like this strictly for the roleplaying servers...!

When I started getting into these communities about 8-10 years back, most everyone I fell in with was in college (with lots of free time and plenty of energy). Now those of them who still put up with me are all in their late 20's and 30's.

What drove most of my friends away from the RP scene was childbirth. It's pretty hard to pay attention to the screen with small children crawling in one's lap. Thus, why I suppose I see most creative people over 25 on PvE servers. ;)

Ok, let the comments begin....

43 yr old Police Officer.... I am assigned to a school as their School Resource Officer and I teach DARE. I have been playing video games since there were video games. I listened to Led Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy on 8 track in my room as I mastered Pong and tank battle.

The guys in my Dept. bust my stones about it. There are like 4 of us that are into MMO's and at one point were all guilded together. We quickly became labeled as the Nerd herd hehe.

Howdy everyone --- I'm 76 (lvl 32) and played a little bit during beta -- I have 2 sons 49 and 46 who play and a grandson 10 who is level 11. No doubt I have problems finding stuff and frequently get lost, but i'm hanging in there.

My sons and I have played WOW since its beginning and find SWTOR refreshing and fun.

As an ex airforce pilot, you would think that I would do well in the space battles, but I stink.

Playing SWTOR at age 76 ??? Maybe its a record for SWTOR and WOW. But It's better than watching TV, especially since the NFL is about finished.

Gramps

I'm a computer tech in my mid 40's, my GF is a little older than me and is a gamer as well. MMOs like SWTOR and WOW are what we do for fun a few hours, four or five times a week. We both have jobs and other activities, responsibilities etc... So I/We don't approach the game like it's "Everything".... although I've run across many players who do. SWTOR isn't perfect but we are both enjoying it very much for a first release.:D People in other parts of this forum need to relax a bit, the game has not even been out officially for a full month yet. Sigh...

Howdy everyone --- I'm 76 (lvl 32) and played a little bit during beta -- I have 2 sons 49 and 46 who play and a grandson 10 who is level 11. No doubt I have problems finding stuff and frequently get lost, but i'm hanging in there.

My sons and I have played WOW since its beginning and find SWTOR refreshing and fun.

As an ex airforce pilot, you would think that I would do well in the space battles, but I stink.

Playing SWTOR at age 76 ??? Maybe its a record for SWTOR and WOW. But It's better than watching TV, especially since the NFL is about finished.

Gramps

You Sir.....Win

43yr old, father of five sons (all gamers). Formerly a retail store manager for a worldwide miniature war gaming company based out of the UK, presently a school teacher until I finish my MA.

Now divorced (not due to gaming) I am able to game as often as my RL schedule allows.

AND one CAN send companions off on missions if you are at work...you just need an iPad and Splashstream. :)

Gramps

That is awesome!!!!! Who says your too old to do this or too old to do that... Age dosnt mean squat anymore nowadays. Ya know why... Because you are as young as you are on the inside. LIVE YOUNG!!!!!!

46 year old civil engineer here...and work with three other potential club members coming in at 45, 55, and 59 years of age...:D. We've all played a ton of subscription and F2P MMOs and all are having a blast with SWTOR. (well...all except the 55 yo who is still stuck on World of Tanks, but we're making progress on getting him over here).

Someone start the guild...and i'm sure we'll be there :-)

Lol at being caught in a red handed lie...Star Wars was not released until 1977...nice try though!

Dude... Give the guy a break... 75, 77.... it was 34 years ago! Heck, i still get the year i graduated college wrong sometimes... though i will never forget the year i graduated medical school... mostly because i thought i was going to be this big time doctor and live this lavish lifestyle, until 3 months into my residency with 100hr work weeks (yeah no kidding) when i woke up one morning and thought "what the F*** have i gotten myself into"

Regardless, I'm old enough to have been around for the originals... I know what 8 tracks are... and recently threw away some betamax tapes... is that even how you spell it? Pediatric Hospitalist by training, but i know do international health for the government. I'd tell you for what branch of the government but thats classified... No not really, it's just really boring and not very interesting LOL.... and besides since there are not that many of us I wouldnt want you guys looking me up and start hooting and hollering about how I'm wasting your tax dollars on this thread at work (I'm on my lunch break if that makes it any better)

I'm 61 and have been playing computer games for a while. I can remember playing the orignal black and white, or was it computer green, version of Pong in a bar while I was on active duty with the Army (retired from the Army in 1989). Now I'm a software engineer for a large corporation.

Myself, my son, who is 41, and my grandson 10 play.

Edited by Erasimus

Since I didn't see a 40 year old and older post I'll post here...

40 years old, father/husband. U.S. Marine Veteran. Working Federal Law Enforcement for the last 17 years. I play MMO's with at least 12 other fellow Officers, lol.

35, architect

most of my guild mates are real life friends, working professionals, with car payments, mortgages, and children.

i'd like to think that we're just like these young whipper snappers who appear in this thread, except we can afford better toys, and higher quality alcohol.