POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

benovide

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of the power they command, Darth Nox rules supreme. Tens of thousands of Sith inevitably report to Nox. They are only answerable to the Emperor. That's a lot of authority. Nox probably also has the most dramatic ascension to total power: from slave of the Sith to a Master of the Sith.

The Emperor's Wrath also has a huge deal of authority, since they really exist outside the Sith power structure, answerable to the Emperor and no one else. Even Nox has to contend with the Dark Council.

In terms of actual power, like ability, it's harder to say. But since the Hero of Tython managed to kill the Emperor, who was at the time the most powerful being in the galaxy, I'd say they get that honour.

Bar'senthor, Voidhound, Havoc Commander, Cipher Nine and the Champion of the Great Hunt... they are much harder to place. Bar'senthor is definitely a powerful force user and is tight with the Council, but has limited influence outside the Jedi.

The Champion is probably bottom of the list.

Official on paper authority, the Trooper's is rather limited. Trooper's influence tied to the loyalty and symbolism of what being the Commander of Havoc represents, is much larger. It's pretty much the entire point of the Troopers first chapter. :p

Official on paper authority, the Trooper's is rather limited. Trooper's influence tied to the loyalty and symbolism of what being the Commander of Havoc represents, is much larger. It's pretty much the entire point of the Troopers first chapter. :p

And it's shown that many officers would rather listen to Havoc than HoT. In both stories :p

If you pick either of the two DS options, you lore-wise keep your fleet and holdings. The 180 degree opposite happens if you choose the LS option.

Where on earth are you getting this from? Nothing in-game has ever said that LS Smuggler loses everything and during the Oricon introduction, Saresh tells the Smuggler something like "Sorry to bother you, I know you have your business to attend to", which heavily implies she's talking about the Smuggler's empire. Is your reasoning that all the pirates would suddenly leave because they're working for the Republic in a way?

That's just silly, they don't care who they are working for as long as they get paid, and they still have plenty of opportunity to do piratey stuff by raiding Imp ships and stuff.

LS Smuggler is basically the era's Talon Karrde, the kingpin of the galactic underworld who uses their massive criminal network to aid the Republic.

Edited by Stncold

Where on earth are you getting this from? Nothing in-game has ever said that LS Smuggler loses everything and during the Oricon introduction, Saresh tells the Smuggler something like "Sorry to bother you, I know you have your business to attend to", which heavily implies she's talking about the Smuggler's empire. Is your reasoning that all the pirates would suddenly leave because they're working for the Republic in a way?

One of the pirates flat out tells the Smuggler after the battle with the Voidwolf "okay, pick what you want us to do, because this alliance isn't going to last any longer than that".

One of the pirates flat out tells the Smuggler after the battle with the Voidwolf "okay, pick what you want us to do, because this alliance isn't going to last any longer than that".

I think the dialogue is different if you pick the "help the Empire" or "go ape-sh*t and attack everything they see" options.

I think the dialogue is different if you pick the "help the Empire" or "go ape-sh*t and attack everything they see" options.

"Help the Republic" you mean. There's no option "help the Empire" I believe.

Also, unlike what you said previously, you're presented with three choices, one of them being light, one dark and the other neutral... The neutral one demands tribute from the other captains, one is attacking everything in sight ( DS ) and the light one is helping the Republic.

In other words, there is only ONE DS choice at the end of the Smuggler storyline.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Lord Scourge never built a powerbase as Wrath, and the new Wrath doesn't really have one either, and it will never rival that of Nox.

The most power lies with The Hero of Tython, the Smuggler, Barsen'Thor and Nox, Nox and the Smuggler having a damn fleet each, Smuggler with a criminal empire, Nox with the silencer and a few Moffs to boot. Barsen'Thor and The HOT having elite ground forces, and possible armadas to boot.

Actually my Wrath did. Many of the Lords I faced I spared and they serve me now. So it seems that each class can vary wildly depending on your choices.

Actually my Wrath did. Many of the Lords I faced I spared and they serve me now. So it seems that each class can vary wildly depending on your choices.

Tremel, Rathari, and Venegan all have pretty good powerbases. You spare them, and Rathari and Tremel pledge fealty to you, and Venegan owes you a lot for saving his a*s.

I'm fairly sure Darth Jadus CAN'T be killed by the player.

That's one of like 50 different endings to the Agent story.

Personally, it's a tie between Agent and Warrior.

The warrior is second only to the damn emperor. even though the emperor is dead.... So does that make the Emperor's Wraith the new emperor? Or does it just make him the most powerful sith in existance right now?

Cipher Nine, Where to begin? He can become like 50 different things. The Hand of Jadus, part of SIS AND Intelligence, Head of Intellegence (aka Keeper), A Freelance Agent, Brainwashed and confused to the point of not knowing what he/she is. the list goes on!

That's one of like 50 different endings to the Agent story.

Personally, it's a tie between Agent and Warrior.

The warrior is second only to the damn emperor. even though the emperor is dead.... So does that make the Emperor's Wraith the new emperor? Or does it just make him the most powerful sith in existance right now?

Cipher Nine, Where to begin? He can become like 50 different things. The Hand of Jadus, part of SIS AND Intelligence, Head of Intellegence (aka Keeper), A Freelance Agent, Brainwashed and confused to the point of not knowing what he/she is. the list goes on!

Got to disagree. The Sith Inquisitor is much more powerful than the Agent, the Agent is still answerable to the Dark Council, while the Inquisitor is part of the Dark Council, and has complete control over their archives, he can learn any secret he desires. And he has a huge powerbase, no matter what choices you choose.

The Sith Warrior is not that Powerful in reality, any alliances or fealties he earned are pretty much done, most of them were only until Baras was dead, and the others are so weak that they are nothing to the Dark Council. Remember the Speech you got when they acknowledged you as the Emperor's wrath, it was basically stay out of our way, not something you say to someone you respect. His position is essentially outside the normal hierarchy, which is it's strength and it's weakness. While I feel he would build a powerbase, it's essentially going to be inferior to the Inquisitors powerbase.

Which is why I put the imperial side

Sith Inquisitor > Sith Warrior > Agent > Bounty Hunter

And overall

Sith Inquisitor > Jedi Consular = Sith Warrior > Agent > Smuggler > Jedi Knight > Trooper > Bounty Hunter

Remember the Speech you got when they acknowledged you as the Emperor's wrath, it was basically stay out of our way, not something you say to someone you respect. His

No, Darth Marr states that at first, then depending on the dialogue you can get a nice rebuttal in which you can tell them off like the ants they are. The dark council greatly fears any Wrath, as stated in the in game dialogue/codex in which all 12 dark council members were too afraid of previous wrath, Lord Scourge. Not even all 12 would combine there power bases to try eliminate Lord Scourge.

Neither. The Warrior is essentially the Emperor's personal attack dog, but he doesn't move unless the Emperor (or the Hand) pull on the leash. The Warrior has no real power base of his own, and the Dark Council is quite free to tell him exactly where he can stuff his lightsabers if he tries to do anything without explicit orders from the Hand or the Emperor. :p

And Baras' fate serves as a convenient warning about what happens if you try to falsely invoke the Emperor's name for your personal ambitions.

How in the hell did the Voidhound suddenly become fifth place?

Well I read about how the fleet is only a temporary addition to your power, which alters things a bit. The differences in influence is very slight for most of them, only the Inquisitor has an unassailable lead, and only the Bounty Hunter has virtualy no power-base, the rest are separated by minute amounts.

But you can shift the agent up or done a place depending on your own choices.

Also I'm only stating my opinion, and while I'll argue about it, I'm not actually forcing it on you, please feel free to disagree as vigourously as you please, I won't take offence.

Agent becomes, essentially Batman

and Batman trumps all

assuming you kept the Black Codex

but why wouldn't you keep it?

Being ever loyal to the Empire, my Agent gave it to the Minister of Intelligence, because the Sith are a bigger danger to the Sith Empire than anybody else. :p

The Voidhound has the most power and authority.

The rest answer to someone or something, the only one who can do what ever he wants is The Voidhound baby.

The thing is, freedom from authority is, in and of itself, not authority. This is the same "problem" that the Wrath has. He's not answerable to anyone except the Emperor (who's mostly dead), but that doesn't mean he has power over anyone else, either. Same with the Voidhound. Sure, there's nobody who can pull his leash, but outside of his crew of five, he ain't got no one to tug, either.

If freedom were the only deciding factor, the Grand Champion would actually have the most "authority" of every character, honestly.

The thing is, freedom from authority is, in and of itself, not authority. This is the same "problem" that the Wrath has. He's not answerable to anyone except the Emperor (who's mostly dead), but that doesn't mean he has power over anyone else, either. Same with the Voidhound. Sure, there's nobody who can pull his leash, but outside of his crew of five, he ain't got no one to tug, either.

If freedom were the only deciding factor, the Grand Champion would actually have the most "authority" of every character, honestly.

^This^

Plus Darth Nox doesn't answer to anybody, he is a member of the Dark Council, and with the Emperor missing answers to no-one, yes his power is tempered by the other DC members, but that's not the same as being answerable to them.

I guess the thread mentioned possible spoilers so I won't try to hide stuff. I have not played smuggler and trooper story.

Emperor wraith does not really have an power base and no direct authority over anything or anyone. Surely a very powerful Sith, but no authority. With the emperor gone, I was curios what is the function of wraith as of that point.

Nox/Imperious has a huge power base. Beside inheriting the power base of the DC you kill in the end of the story (I forgot his name), many of the DC members fall, and considering that Nox/Imperious is one of the more powerful DC members, surely secured a large portion of that.

Imperial agent, I did not know there are so many ending! But, in none of them you are an authority figure not controlled by the Sith.

Bounty hunter is a bounty hunter. You have a crew and hunt bounties. No authority.

HOT, while the game kinda of indirectly indicate to be the most powerful force user (as he/she killed the emperor), but he/she is just a Jedi Council member. Same can be said for counselor.

From the ones above, while may not be the strongest, Nox/Imperious seems to be the most powerful. He/she is one of the strongest 5-6 authoritative figures in the empire at Makeb's end. I see a comparison to smuggler with a fleet of pirates. Really? We are comparing between a pirates fleet and one of the heads of the empire and its armies?

Nox/Imperious has a huge power base. Beside inheriting the power base of the DC you kill in the end of the story (I forgot his name), many of the DC members fall, and considering that Nox/Imperious is one of the more powerful DC members, surely secured a large portion of that.

There is actually a few DC members that are considered to be almost worthless in terms of power. Nox is actually on the bottom with them.

The only thing that gave Nox leverage over anyone else was the Silencer superweapon. Which now has been destroyed after the conclusion of Act 3 somewhere.

Edited by Girdeux