Dear Bioware, your Tech stealth class

CoNfuSioN_

I realize that we have next to no utility (no leaps, friendly leaps, force sprints, enemy pulls, friendly pulls).

I realize that our main appeal has been nerfed on three separate occasions counting 1.2 (front loaded burst damage with mediocre sustained after that).

I realize that instead of having trees that compliment each other like our friendly glow-bat stealth friends, we're forced out of hybrid builds to be effective.

Despite having to play much harder to achieve the same results as our shadow/assassin friends, It's really a pain in the butt to have your primary damage abilities, the out of stealth opener / backstab/backblast, be dependent on your laggy server system that either registers the dreaded

"EFFECT CONDITION NOT MET"

or doesn't even bother with a message.

My battlemaster Guardian doesn't have to deal with buggy server mechanics to do decent dmg. Neither does my Commando. In fact, even my Shadow/Assassin friends are specced so that their back stabs are icing, not bread and butter.

Either modify the condition range for back blast / back stab / Shoot First / etc or fix your server latency issues that interfere with any sort of respectable pvp gameplay.

P.S. I pay 60$ a month for only internet, 20mb down and 20mb up with 50 ms latency (on the low side of the average mind you), and I still deal with ridiculous game mechanics that are only limited by the company I pay for a pleasurable experience, not my own hardware.

"Effect condition not met" is just as annoying for Shadows as it is far you. The problem most likely has less to do with latency than it does to do with the algorithm they're using to check for the condition. It checks not only when you press the button, but also over the entire duration of the attack, which is stupid. There should be one check, and only one. The attack animation shouldn't gimp you.

P.S. I pay 60$ a month for only internet, 20mb down and 20mb up with 50 ms latency (on the low side of the average mind you), and I still deal with ridiculous game mechanics that are only limited by the company I pay for a pleasurable experience, not my own hardware.

I pay upwards of $170 a month for just internet, and I still get an average 300-500ms latency. Do I win the internet pity award? I dont notice any big issues with my Backstab, but maybe its because Im used to guessing where someone will be instead of where they are on my screen.

The server could be in the next room as you, and youd still need to account for lag. Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but thats just how it is.

I pay upwards of $170 a month for just internet, and I still get an average 300-500ms latency. Do I win the internet pity award? I dont notice any big issues with my Backstab, but maybe its because Im used to guessing where someone will be instead of where they are on my screen.

The server could be in the next room as you, and youd still need to account for lag. Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but thats just how it is.

The award you deserve is for the shortbus. No one cares that you live in the boondocks and pay for satellite, nor do they care that I live in San Diego CA and have cable internet. What they care about is a combat system that's based on a flawed approach.

Any game considered "respectable" (and i do use that term loosely) shouldn't be based on someone's ability to guess where the laggy servers that dictate combat mechanics draw characters.