How Do i get Tharan Cedrax as my next crew member?

RomanBrady

In beta you could choose not to get crew members and even kill a few, but they ditched that at some point to prevent players from this sort of accident. As mentioned, just keep following your class quests, eventually you will find him on your ship.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible. He should join you as a guest at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Consular story and join your crew when you return to your ship. I don't remember too well though.

Just keep playing and you will get him eventually.

After defeating the final story boss on Nar Shadaa, Tharan Cedrax says that his time is finished with the Consular and that he will return to his office. It seems at this point that you lost him, but you have not. When the Consular returns to his hanger, Tharan Cedrax interrupts him and decides that he will join the Consular.

Note that you have to go to your hanger on Nar Shadaa: if you use your fleet or ship pass to get to your ship, you will have to go back to Nar Shadaa, get off your ship, leave the hanger, and then reenter the hanger.

This is all part of the mission "Shadow Town" http://www.torhead.com/mission/4xzhEl0/shadow-town . If you do not have this mission yet, complete the missions under the "Class" category in your mission log that mention Nar Shadaa.

Note that you have to go to your hanger on Nar Shadaa: if you use your fleet or ship pass to get to your ship, you will have to go back to Nar Shadaa, get off your ship, leave the hanger, and then reenter the hanger.

This part is important. I have used my fleet pass before returning to my ship, only to have to fly my ship BACK to the last planet in order to complete the quest chain.

Not sure what would happen if you used your fleet pass rather than heading straight to your ship in this case (or at least before leaving Nar Shadda). You can normally still use your fleet pass after using your ships holoterminal.

This part is important. I have used my fleet pass before returning to my ship, only to have to fly my ship BACK to the last planet in order to complete the quest chain.

Not sure what would happen if you used your fleet pass rather than heading straight to your ship in this case (or at least before leaving Nar Shadda). You can normally still use your fleet pass after using your ships holoterminal.

At one time, you could do this and Bowdaar, the smuggler companion was bugged, and would not join you.

They eventually fixed it.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible. He should join you as a guest at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Consular story and join your crew when you return to your ship. I don't remember too well though.

Just keep playing and you will get him eventually.

What JB said.