TFB NIM Dread Guards (Broken or Not)

Dear BioWare, this subject has been beaten to death, but has never officially been answered. All I am asking here, and I believe I speak for the whole community when I say, is this fight working as intended, or is it over-tuned even a little? I am not here to tell you that I think its too difficult or anything of the sort. I am just curious to know that the way the fight currently stands is how you guys intended to have the fight. From my research, this exact question was never addressed, so I hope you guys can take a few seconds to just give us all a 'Yes or No' to this fight being working as intended or not.

Fight has been cleared by multiple guilds now - I don't think it can be classed as broken.

I understand, just wish Bioware would have said something about the DG's after all that has been said. Not saying they are broken, just would like to hear it from the horse's mouth you know

3 guilds on the swtor universe, i dont realy call it has multiple :D

and if at the end of several months we have 5 guild that can clear TFB NiM, is too much.

Edit: skiping DGs to gear up and then kill it, in my book is cheating the progression, and shouldnt count

and if at the end of several months we have 5 guild that can clear TFB NiM, is too much.

Edit: skiping DGs to gear up and then kill it, in my book is cheating the progression, and shouldnt count

4 have cleared.

There's one thing about 'cheating' progression i.e world first. Farming runs are another thing.

IMO if you don't care about progression (its over now anyway) then just skip them. You will still have a fun raid and still kill some bosses / get some gear.

If you want the challenge don't skip them or come back when your gear is higher level.

Edited by Solar_Breeze

And at the end of several months, when your raid group is wearing ~ Kell Dragon gear, and you still are hitting enrage with 30% hp left on the boss, maybe the DPSers need to start to look into what rotations they are doing.

There's nothing wrong with skipping DG. After looking through people's argument.. it makes sense... It's a practical (but not en "epeen" thing to do) when you're group is comprised of people who don't have the luxury of time. (e.g. raiding 5 days a week, at least 6 hours a day on one boss). I doubt they will nerf NiM at all because

1) The fights are doable right now, and even more so with more gear

2) TFB NiM shares a lockout with HM

3) You can get more gear by skipping one boss via HM, and farming the rest in NiM (very easy and was 2shotted by DnT)

Edited by paowee

4 have

Who is the 4th? All I'm aware of are Suckafish, DiLIH, and Severity. The fight isn't broken, just requires everyone in the raid to execute their roles to near perfection. I personally love that it was that difficult. We (Severity) spent 3 raid nights wiping on that single boss encounter. There was several sub 20% wipes, even a 0% (6k HP left) wipe, but that's what made the fight fun. It's called nightmare mode for a reason, this is supposed to be the hardest content this game has to offer.

Im no where near NIM progression but I am actually glad to hear that this is a tough fight and that people may have to work a few weeks to beat it. It may not be popular, but there is a sense of achievement to actually downing a boss that is difficult/hard and took time to accomplish. In the olden days it was accepted.

Not downed it yet but it is perfect for NiM, although I would prefer the bosses to ramp up in difficulty rather than it always seem to be the second boss that is the hardest.........

That way it will become easier in time as people gear up but then it is a true race for the progression guilds to clear week one/two.

I actually also prefer to have some very tough fight i am just sad that the rest of the raid isnt as hard as DG. I remember in AOC their raids were quite hard and you got a real sense of accomplisment when you finished them

The fight is broken for one simple reason: Its much harder than the rest of TFB NM.

I really dont think they did it by design.

That said, i should stay the way it is. The raiding content was ridiculously easy far too long - especially S&V hc - and many raids got sloppy or fall apart because of it. A new challange is just what we need.

I agree with the OP--a lot of guilds have been waiting on official word from BW as to whether the current state of NiM Dread Guards is intended or not, and this would put to rest a lot of speculation, in addition to giving guilds a basis on whether to attempt/skip DG as they are now.

Unsurprisingly this thread has already turned into a player debate about whether DG should be changed or not, but that's kind of irrelevant to the OP's point. I look forward to BW simply stating yes/no regarding the tuning of the Dread Guards.

Its not irrelevant.

Its kill-able now, doesn't matter if you can't kill it.

Working as intended, don't need BW to tell you that.

I don't think they will tell you that, and I hope they aren't morons enough to say: "Ops, we over tuned it."

Because that sets the presidency for SnV NiM, which I hope gets even harder. If we get 1 or 2 bosses

per NiM that are total cockblockers, its great!

Edited by Sinbary

Not downed it yet but it is perfect for NiM, although I would prefer the bosses to ramp up in difficulty rather than it always seem to be the second boss that is the hardest.........

That way it will become easier in time as people gear up but then it is a true race for the progression guilds to clear week one/two.

Agreed! I NiM Keph or TFB shouold have been what NiM DG is right now

The fight is broken for one simple reason: Its much harder than the rest of TFB NM.

I really dont think they did it by design.

That said, i should stay the way it is. The raiding content was ridiculously easy far too long - especially S&V hc - and many raids got sloppy or fall apart because of it. A new challange is just what we need.

The PTS feedback was that it was largely too easy, IIRC. I think that this was Bioware's response to the PTS feedback and the "NiM content on PTS" controversy.