SG Breaks Bioware (16-Man)

We don't recognize (and stopped participating in) that progression thread because we disagree with the rules set by the people running it, rules that conveniently favor the decisions of the guilds writing and participating in it. I'm sure if we were running it it'd be the opposite.

It's supremely arrogant to act like the arbiter of who gets credit for what. Our position is we killed the bosses in question before anyone else in the world, which is still true.

If you were intellectually consistent you'd renounce any claim to having cleared 16m NiM SnV past and including Thrasher because you're obviously not doing Thrasher in the intended way - killing the boss by ignoring half of the fight because it's undertuned in certain ways for your raid size, and your raid is apparently "not good enough to kill" it the right way.

I believe the proper response to this is the following:

It's supremely arrogant to act like the arbiter of who gets credit for what. Our position is we killed the bosses in question before anyone else in the world, which is still true.

Actually, the reason you never hear them say it is because of logistics. 8 man guilds typically do not have an entire extra raid to bring, independent of which version is easiest (16 man is easiest btw).

So, you have completed the content on 16 man and can make a good comparison from personal experience; right? (s/s of codex pls)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone completely missed the point of fridge's posts. Anyways if you want to compare larger raid content I seem to remember DnT killed DT10 stack and entity about a month before SG.

Moving along...the OP needs to take into consideration that there are other guilds doing these fights and BW probably peaked in on the streams and looked at the metrics. You guys may have been the first to use this tactic successfully, but it obviously wasn't intended for the mechanic to be completely ignored which is why bioware is attempting to fix the fight appropriately. It looks like they still have some work to do as a guild already reported that they were able to still do the fight using this tactic.

The warlords changes are the same thing though an 8m guild came up with the strat killing 2 at the same time in nightmare (yes I realize this was used in SM/HM before by bored guilds fooling around before nightmare came out) The fight is much more fun now that you have to do it as intended.

I'm sorry DnT is a joke compared to what it used to be in WoW, that must be emotionally challenging to handle. Changing a difficulty and finding a different way to kill something are two totally different things. Pretty much the entire raiding community, except for yourselves of coarse (that speaks volumes), voiced their opinion that turning a boss fight difficulty down to get by it nullifies credit for future kills. Not participating in the next progression race just shows your raids lack of confidence in itself to compete for the world firsts.

If you care enough, you can go to our website and view the dates of our kill shots and titles. Most kills fell in the World 3rd/4th range, which I am particularly happy with given our very short raiding schedule due to IRL commitments this past tier.

Good luck with title next week. Saph, carry them baddies!

the fps are really annoying, you need to get used to it or adjust your pc with it, most people in 8 man used to play at high settings / graphics, do cause problems, and its highly noticeable, when you grab one of my dps whos in every single 8 man chart ranking... when hes doing 500-800 dps less in 16 man, is not skills trust me, neither the super hard hidden mechanic, just that this game is not good supporting big raids, and its something you need to get used to... playing at 15 fps vs 80 fps is a huge difference unfortunately

QFT.

I'm on chained manifestation duty (root/knockback in16-m styrak) I can tell you i just stop DPSing and focus on the add because i get 12 FPS when all the flybys start to drop -_-.

Edited by paowee

We cleared 4/5 TFB tonight. One shotted everything up until kephess. Spent about two hours/30 mins

The argument of clearing 4/5 in a new mode is a bit biased. Remember you are playing pretty much the same~ish mechanics and literally the same operation, that you have been accustomed to in 8-man, from 2-3 months ago. 8-man and 16-m mechanics are the same. Red reticles, puddles, etc. Only difference is the size of the room, and some boss might hit harder, one death may be allowed in 16, but in 8man it isnt, etc etc. It is impressive but like what i mentioned in another post, a better "challenge and competition" is when either of these guilds convert to either 8-man or 16-man and race each other there...

a new operation with new mechanics, with the same gear, at the same time. SG could easily go into 8man and say we did 4/5 in one night (3 months after they've been playing the same operation in 16). Hatred could easily go into 16-m and say we did 4/5 in one night (3 months after they've been playing the same operation in 8).

I don't think anything said after lotsa gearz and 3 months of seeing the content weekly will say anything at all. The "race" is over and right now the raiding guilds are just farming Kell Dragon and doing weird stuff like solo sin tanking 8-man Cartel Warlords in HM.

Have to say props to hatred alt healers for healing my squishy sin tank wearing (campaign proc heal relic and dreaguard absorb relic... -_-) throghout the entire ordeal... lol

Edited by paowee

I believe the proper response to this is the following:

Except I'm not the one trying to denigrate other people's accomplishments, I'm just holding people to their own self-stated standards.

This is not a difficult logical exercise. If you posit a standard, be sure that you yourself meet its requirements.

Edited by FridgeLM

The argument of clearing 4/5 in a new mode is a bit biased. Remember you are playing pretty much the same~ish mechanics and literally the same operation, that you have been accustomed to in 8-man, from 2-3 months ago. 8-man and 16-m mechanics are the same. Red reticles, puddles, etc. Only difference is the size of the room, and some boss might hit harder, one death may be allowed in 16, but in 8man it isnt, etc etc. It is impressive but like what i mentioned in another post, a better "challenge and competition" is when either of these guilds convert to either 8-man or 16-man and race each other there...

l

Wasn't the point of my post. Look at the quote that was quoted. He was saying 16 guilds swap to 8 to farm after progression and 8 man guilds wouldn't do 16.

Neither 8 or 16 guilds are willing to make that swap during progression why these arguments are pointless. I do believe there are 5-8 hardcore 8M guilds and only a few 16 man guilds that do progression like SG/8M guilds do.

Wasn't the point of my post. Look at the quote that was quoted. He was saying 16 guilds swap to 8 to farm after progression and 8 man guilds wouldn't do 16.

Neither 8 or 16 guilds are willing to make that swap during progression why these arguments are pointless. I do believe there are 5-8 hardcore 8M guilds and only a few 16 man guilds that do progression like SG/8M guilds do.

Yeah you are right. I was just joining the discussion :o.

these arguments are pointless.
Edited by paowee