Elite Analysis: Imperial Royal Guardsmen.

Well folks, am back with my Analysis threads! This one is a little different, in that instead of a character or tech or ship and so forth, were gonna look at an Elite unit, the Imperial Royal Guard! So lets get to it!

===========

"A Royal Guardsman never seeks special privileges, ever. His entire goal in life is to serve the Emperor, and the New Order he created. This is his goal in life, and his desire in death."

―Grodin Tierce

History

The Imperial Royal Guard was an elite unit with the Galactic Empire, charged with the protection of Emperor Palpatine and he was almost never seen without a detachment, even accompanying him to his bed chambers and office within the Death Star. The numbers of the Guardsmen were unknown, speculation ranging from less then fifty to tens of thousands although their numbers were estimated at one point to be at least four hundred at any one point. The Guard was independent of the Imperial Military and answered only to Emperor Palpatine himself, they were based out of the Royal Guard academy on Yinchorr. Their names were never spoken of outside of the Guard, not even Palpatine spoke of names.

The Royal Guard's origin dated before the Clone Wars, deriving from the Red Guard formed after an attempt on his life, some of the members were chosen from the Senate Commandos at the time.

Following the demise of Palpatine though after the Battle of Endor, the Guard was scattered with some following various warlords, some also just stayed neutral though many of them decided to commit mass suicides. However upon the return of Palpatine, they all flocked to Byss to rejoin their master when they were called however Palpatine was killed thanks to sabotage by a renegade Protector Carnor Jax and when the remaining distraught Guardsmen returned to Yinchorr to mourn and form a plan for revenge, they were all killed by Jax's stormtroopers ironically suffering the same fate as the Old Jedi Order did, however one Guardsmen Kir Kanos escaped and sought revenge on Jax.

=====

Equipment

The Imperial Royal Guard wore matching scarlet robes, battle armor underneath and helmets. Although ceremonial they did not hamper fighting in any way. The armor bore designs from the Death Watch, Sun Guard and Senate Guards, the fact these armors bore these designs were no accident as the mere sight of a Guardsmen invoked fear into even the most trained of warriors. The battle armor was fully functional and provided superior protection then that of normal Imperial armor. When rotated into Imperial service, they discarded their robes and wore red Stormtrooper armor.

The guardsmen's main weapon was a meter long force pike, and while considered a modest weapon in the hands of the guardsmen they were deadly being used for crowd control, self defense and even torture. In addition they were also trained to use other exotic weapons such as vibroswords and also utilized heavy blaster pistols for ranged combat, also able to use ARC casters.

Training

The Royal Guards once accepted in, were trained exhaustively in many forms of combat such as Echani also able to use various weapons. They were also taught a special combat language, that they themselves only knew, also taught to remove fingerprints and they flew specialized red variants of TIE Interceptors. Finally a lesser known aspect, was trained in the use of techniques to keep the Emperor alive, though no known case of this feat being performed.

Classes consisted of 40 trainees per course, usually by the end only a handful remained and it was not uncommon for there to be a single survivor. Trainees were partnered up in doubles, during a yearlong training program they would spare against one another constantly, recruits learned to rely on themselves or on a teammate for victory, a difference in the stormtrooper squad based training.

Training mainly centered on Echani martial arts, they held nothing back and usually the training resulted in death. Casualty rates were high, out of Kir Kanos's class only 2 reached Guard status all others were killed in training.

====

Variant: Imperial Soveregin Protector

The Soveregin Protector was the elite cadre of the Guardsmen, only the best of the best of the Imperial Guard were chosen to become Protectors. They endured years of selection proceedures and training to perfect soldiering, extreme standards were set for combat fitness, stamina, strength, dexterity, mental acuity, reaction time and loyalty and intelligence.

Finally each member, would recieve rudimentary training by a Dark Adept in wielding The Darkside of the Force, though not enough to stroke ambition. Those exceptional Soveregin Protectors were eligible to train as Dark Jedi.

NOTE: Shall do Shadow Guard as separate.

========

Pictures

With Palpatine

Standing Guard

Yinchorr, where the best of the best are forged

Some Kanos vs Tauk action

=======

Thoughts: The Imperial Royal Guardsmen, have to be possibly my favortive Organization out of all the others in SWU. They just ooze ******ery, from their armor to their training and everything in between....they are just awesome.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

God, could you imagine an Imperial guard with Beskar iron armor? I shudder at the thought.

Plus in TFU, I actually liked the lightsaber pikes they had instead of the force pikes. Just saying. But damn, I would not want to be anywhere near hand to hand combat with one of them.

God, could you imagine an Imperial guard with Beskar iron armor? I shudder at the thought.

Plus in TFU, I actually liked the lightsaber pikes they had instead of the force pikes. Just saying. But damn, I would not want to be anywhere near hand to hand combat with one of them.

When you know, that even their training is to the death that'll raise some big red flags in wanting to avoid them....oh btw also folks, shall be doing the Shadow Guard tomorrow!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Nice thread! I am a fan of the Royal Guardsmen (who isn't?) and this was very informative!

I look forward to the Shadow Guard!

Oh and one query, do Royal Guards tend to come from a certain race? Like the Echani? I'm just thinking that because of the Imperial policy it may be humans only, but exceptions may be made.

Nice thread! I am a fan of the Royal Guardsmen (who isn't?) and this was very informative!

I look forward to the Shadow Guard!

Oh and one query, do Royal Guards tend to come from a certain race? Like the Echani? I'm just thinking that because of the Imperial policy it may be humans only, but exceptions may be made.

Nope all of em are human, chosen from only the very best Stormtroopers.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi