best class story?

Xenozen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone plz reply, Why is imperial agent story good? tell me, Whats so good about it

? ( please )

Get to the end of Chapter 1 and you'll see.

The Eagle was never the villain of Chapter 1, Darth Jadus was. He didn't die, by the way, he just wanted everyone to think he did.

It gets even better at the start of Chapter 2.

Edited by Vid-szhite

IA = 9/10

SI = 8/10

BH = 6/10 felt kinda "forced" like there was no one outside TB i really wanted to kill.

SW = 6/10

Trooper = 6/10 same as BH.

i could not make it thru smuggler since it felt i was watching "Dude, Where's My Ship?"

Edited by vojinsa

From what I played:

Rep: Smuggler

Imp: SW

Having played all classes up to an extent, I'll have to go with this, unless you really like a specific concept (If you like the military, go with Trooper; espionage, go with Agent; mysteries of the force, Consular or Inquisitor, etc)

If you want to feel heroic, go with the Warrior first, if not, play the Smuggler first. Either male or female are a blast to play, mainly because of the cocky answers and the roguish style.

5 Stories complete, I still share the same sentiment that I had in the last thread I saw like this:

Agent >/= Warrior > Smuggler > > > Hunter > > > > > > > > > > > Bantha Dung > > > > Inquisitor

I will be playing Consular next, Trooper after that, and then ending with Knight.

• 2 months later...

im more of a inquis > all :3

hehe, nah well i havent played other classes so much cause i crazy about SI..

have a BH at 35 and a sith warr at 20, and a bunch of lvl 10 of all classes..

having said that, in my experience, even with a bit slow act 2 on IS, but still good, this is my list:

1. SI (lvl 50, 45, 45)

2. SW (lvl 20)

3. BH (lvl 35)

4. JK (lvl 10, only past 1st planet though but i love the story so far)

Edited by LazerBunny

Loving the SI story, not sure how people hate Chapter two but to each his own I guess. I'm liking how it's almost completely about gaining personal power and vengeance with that side feeling of "oh yeah, there's a war going on."

Also, having a personal cult that worships me is pretty nifty.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i havent got any level 50's yet but i can review what i have seen so far.

I have a Level 12 IA and i must say the storyline is quite interesting even though im a low level the only issue i have with the IA is i dont know if i like the way they play. They are really fun dont get me wrong i just dont know how much i will like them on into the future, im a get in there guns blazing guy.

I have a level 36 SW and i LOVE there storyline line (im alligned with the DS) I seriously love the voice acting and the ultimate confidence my character shows in his power. He doesnt fear his masters, no matter who they are he truely believes hes more powerful to them and anyone he faces in each and every way, a true warrior of the force. Every time i play him, i feel like im preparing to cement my legacy as one of the most powerful sith in existence, i follow the orders of Darth Baras while it suits me and once he is a liability i strike and reign as a true sith. (I love it, storyline, play style, voice acting, the manner of the character)

Now lastly i have a level 28 BH as i said in the IA i love the IA storyline i just dont know about the play style as im a go in guns blazing but still with a slick technical attack plan - the BH Merc is exactly this in my opinion. I absolutely LOOOVE this storyline. I remeber when i played in Beta and was a JK and i got up to 18-20 or something like that and was mixing my options up as i didnt really understand how DS and LS options affect your char while leveling. Then i realised force sensitive characters get gear on their allignment. I always felt using a JK/JC or SW/SI i always had to allign myself with a direction from the get go (as i love getting the commendation armour on each planet) so technically i had pre planned my path through the game (It didnt matter really with the SW because i wanted to be a bad ***). The BH how ever doesnt have this problem they are a self profitting character, he cares about himself and what ever benefits him in the long run, Will he kill this person? Will he let them go and use them later? Will he steal this for himself or give it back to the person who sent him on the mission, whats better for him? ETC.ETC. And then the storyline of the Great Hunt its amazing your in a competition from the get go, its fun and exciting and completely different. You think of the major plot of the game you have the Republic vs The Empire, JK/JC - Republic Warriors, SW/SI - Empire Warriors, Trooper - Republic Army, IA - Imperial Intelligence EG. Empire, Smuggler - (Havent played but i believe they would be self proffiting as well, but sought of have the same play style as a IA), Bounty Hunter - Who ever is paying more. I love the attitude of the character, the voice acting is second to none, the storyline is magnificent, the style of play is action packed and exciting i love the bonus missions on this class as i can just keep kicking ***.

In the end its personal preference but i believe the Bounty Hunter Class is the most fun overall, storyline, playstyle ETC. The SW is my second favourite, i dont have a third as ive tried a few other classes and im just not too sure yet.

:)

Edited by lukehayden

Imo the BH story is really lame, it's just a silly reason to collect bounties and it's poorly written (the Taris part is awful). The SW story is just like you imagine it; last part of each chapter is really good.

I completley disagree, but yeah taris was awful for us BH... i thought most of it was fun (a lil downdrop during chap 2)

Imperial Agent has been, by far, the best. Chapter 1 ended pretty cool, chapter 2 was freaking awesome, and then chapter 3 went all Jason Bourne and such. Completely awesome.

Bounty Hunter was good through chapter 1. I love some Mako (great companion) but the rest of the companions, aside from Blizz (he would have sucked too if he hadn't been a Jawa), were awful. And, quite frankly, after chapter 2, I didn't understand why it was that I kept going.

Sith Warrior is fun, I guess. Darth Baras is an awesome character and the fact that his name is tied into the IA story has made it interesting. But, chapter 1 made me feel like a janitor and chapter 2 was more of the same. I'm looking forward to chapter 3 but the downside to all of this is that I really just don't like playing a Jugg. Talk about playing a piano to get things done, OYE!

Smuggler is probably 2nd only to the IA. I love the Malcolm Reynolds/Fire Fly feel to it and I can't wait to get my hands on the chapter 1 antagonist.

• 4 months later...

Everyone says Agent. I did like the Agents story. It had a lot of twists and turns and suited what the class was very well.

However I felt Knight was the best. It was the most epic and ended taking down the biggest imperial target.

Trooper was boring. Barely kept my interest. It was approrpiate just no real twists or unexpected things. Plus all I did was take down a General. Really? All that to take down a General? Lame.

Inquisitor was a good story but I hated that you spent acts 2 AND 3 running/ hunting the same guy WHO WAS ON YOUR SIDE!!!!!! I mean come on. I know Sith turn on each other a lot but I'm sure at some point they, I don't know, fight a Jedi or two. I could be wrong. That's Bioware though. Ever since KOTOR they played too much into the Sith turning on each other theme. Other than that ok story, End of first act was pretty jaw dropping.

Almost done with Consular. He strikes me more of a politician and an army recruiter more than a Jedi seeking answers to the "great mysteries of the galaxy" Maybe having him investigate how the empire came to be so strong and the whole Revan plot point might have been better.

Haven't done the other 3 yet. BH, Warrior or smuggler. I've heard warm responses but nothing overwhelming for those 3.

Here is my personal ratings. With a brief reason why.

SI 9/10 (Truly feel accomplishment through the story. You actually "feel" like a Lord)

BH 9/10 (I feel the support of the companions is the best of all stories. They are not just added, they are included in the story)

SW 8/10 (Get to feel like a total ******)

IA 8/10 (Loved chapter 1. Chapter 2/3 I feel only support darkside. Story is pretty ridiculous at times)

JK 8/10 (A story of redemption and heroics. Anything you would ask for from a Jedi)

T 4/10 (I feel the story is predictable and not heroic at all. At the end of the game you're still a grunt.)

JC (I have not played through the entire thing myself yet. I have played with friends but it feels a little dry)

S (I don't have, nor will ever, have the desire to play as a common thug)

I have played through most of the characters so far, and I like all of them to a degree. My ratings so far...

Sith Inquisitor, pretty good story about a Sith trying to gain power, and prestige.

Bounty Hunter, pretty good as well. Made me feel like a real Bounty Hunter.

Smuggler, it was ok, but it could have been better. It felt too much like an attempt to be like the SI story to me.

Trooper, it was the worst one so far out of the 5 that i have gotten to level 50. I was in the Army, and it seemed too close to my time in the Army. Similar to how Starship Troopers seemed like too much of a bad Army commercial, only not as short.

Sith Warrior, another great story that shows a rise to power in a very Sith like manner.

I have played all of Rebublic archetypes, concluded act 1 on SW, and well into Nar Shadaa on the IA.

Knight

Tython is interesting and is the reason why I preordered the game after trying the open beta. Sadly it was the best part of the story, at least as a goody two-shoes that felt more natural to me. Act one story could be described as laughable, sad, pathetic, and criminally botched. Things pick up in later acts but are ultimately forgettable. I am replaying the story with another character and going to try to go neutral.

SW

Act one while structurally equivalent to the knight's story in being an easter egg hunt is tremendously more interesting in my opinion. It's more interesting when played as a neutral character since running with wolves and bleating like sheep seems counterintuituve. And I am actually looking forward to killing the fat bastard. He seemed like a complete fool until a certain moment near the end of act 1 which did a good job of imparting to me the sense of walking on thin ice.

Trooper

I played as a professional soldier up for a little dark siding for the greater good and all that. Overall I thought it was pretty good and I enjoyed the ending conversation.

Smuggler

The story is pretty uneven but on the whole it's the best of the Republuc stories. Act 1 is really excellent if you get in the character and is the best of any I played. It goes downhill in Act 2 and picks up again in Act 3 with a satisfying twist.

JC

Best played as a light-sider, reasonably compelling. It's not as bad as some people make it out and head and.shoulders above the knight's. Tython wasn't particularly special but the story picks up from there.

IA

I am well into Nar Shadaa and still don't understand what the fuss is about. It bores me.

Edited by Aelaias

Everyone says Agent. I did like the Agents story. It had a lot of twists and turns and suited what the class was very well.

However I felt Knight was the best. It was the most epic and ended taking down the biggest imperial target.

Trooper was boring. Barely kept my interest. It was approrpiate just no real twists or unexpected things. Plus all I did was take down a General. Really? All that to take down a General? Lame.

Inquisitor was a good story but I hated that you spent acts 2 AND 3 running/ hunting the same guy WHO WAS ON YOUR SIDE!!!!!! I mean come on. I know Sith turn on each other a lot but I'm sure at some point they, I don't know, fight a Jedi or two. I could be wrong. That's Bioware though. Ever since KOTOR they played too much into the Sith turning on each other theme. Other than that ok story, End of first act was pretty jaw dropping.

Almost done with Consular. He strikes me more of a politician and an army recruiter more than a Jedi seeking answers to the "great mysteries of the galaxy" Maybe having him investigate how the empire came to be so strong and the whole Revan plot point might have been better.

Haven't done the other 3 yet. BH, Warrior or smuggler. I've heard warm responses but nothing overwhelming for those 3.

Ok just finished JC.

[spoiler ]IT was a MEH ending. You beat the son of the emperor. I guess that's fitting considering Knight fights the actual Emperor. But for Pete's Sake I don't get put on the council? I feel Gipped. I assumed after finishing Inq that Consular would have been made a Council Member. You can even comment on it and Shatel just says you are needed elsewhere....What a let down. 5/10

Edited by DarthJimilingus

Agent is the best by far. I've played all of them. JC and SI are just boring for the most part. They have their moments but honestly you may fall asleep.

Agent was well thought out. Good twists and your decisions have an impact later in the story.

Warrior made you a powerful Sith and wanted you to kill everything and embrace the dark side.

Jedi knight gets to dismantle the empire in a few big ways...won't say anymore. Really liked the story.

Bounty hunter was good at first, but got repetitive really quick with the kill this, kill that routine.

My main is a SI, and all I can say, boring until the very end.

"Story"-quality to me is tied to your player character.

For example, while the Jedi Knight story is exciting and well-constructed on one level, I feel Jedis are boring, in general. They're dull monks and "good" in a consistent and bland way, unless you go darkside, which doesn't affect the "character" all that much. They're still humorless and dull. Not necessarily all Bioware's fault, since Lucas didn't solve this problem in the prequels, either. A dull monk "hero" is not compelling unless they are a wise old man dispensing wisdom (think original trilogy.) Your Jedi character in this knows and says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wise, even about the force.

Another consideration is "arc." What is a Jedi's arc? Is it a hero story? Not really, because you begin as a fully-formed Jedi with no identity or personal history, and remain that way. That's a failure of storytelling. Remember how conflicted and complex Revan and the Exile were in KOTOR 1 and 2 by the end? If you went "dark" or "light," both options made perfect sense within the scope of that character's "arc." In TOR, there is no arc.

Except there is: for Sith. That arc is the same as "Grand Theft Auto" or even "The Godfather," i.e., a "rise to power." Which may explain why I go "evil" in TOR more than any other Bioware game--it's the only option that feels like a story with an arc. I am an evil person rising to evil power.

So I'm gonna say Sith classes have an inherent advantage.

I really have to agree with consular story being dull. I think it's more that the story isn't that inventive and most of your class missions have you going to do 4 things while fighting thru rooms and rooms of enemies. As a shadow it was more fun than a sage tho I will say. I loved the class over the story though and I guess that's prob more important for endgame anyway.

Only support darkside? Totally redonkulous. I can't even figure out how someone could think that way.

Simple. If you are not darkside it makes no sense whatsoever. You're character would have to be literally insane to progress with the story and NOT be darkside.

Edit: Not to mention that the "reasons" for chapter 2 even happening don't make sense unless you make the darkside choice in chapter 1.

Edited by Xeraz

Simple. If you are not darkside it makes no sense whatsoever. You're character would have to be literally insane to progress with the story and NOT be darkside.

Edit: Not to mention that the "reasons" for chapter 2 even happening don't make sense unless you make the darkside choice in chapter 1.

Could you explain both of those points? I am going lightside for the second time on my agent and the story makes sense to me.

Inquisitor story is likeable at first, but becomes really bland.

Agent story is convoluted and uninteresting.

Bounty Hunter story is boring, but I haven't finished it yet (level 43).

Warrior story is also standard, boring fare.

As is Trooper.

As is Smuggler.

Jedi Knight I barely remember, but it wasn't anything inspired either.

Only class I haven't really leveled is a Consular. If my opinion on the rest of them shows a pattern, I'd wager it's not something that's going to leave an impression.

By the way, none of the stories can work in the same universe. They all conflict with each other, so there's no sense that any of your characters could be in the same narrative.

Edited by MisanthropicJedi