Next two playable races

Lyrinna

I thought I'd start a discussion on what people hoped to see as the next two playable races. Me personally I hope to see a Togruta for Republic and a Rodian for Empire.

What do you guys hope are next two?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First they are species, not races.

Second, numerous threads already exist on this topic. Take the time to run a search and post in those, rather than starting a new thread.

They're both species and races - look up the many definitions of what a race is if you don't believe me.

Anyhow, who in the world would want to be a Rodian - least of all an Imperial(?!) Rodian? If you choose that, your dialog options should be 1) gupta butu ooshoo 2) zupta gogo oonu or 3) zushin gutu orto to every dialog wheel...

... and Imperial quest-givers should shoot your Rodian toon on sight.

Edited by jgelling

I'd like them to fix the issues with the current races before they start working on bringing in new, broken races.

but when the dev team finally work out what they're doing i'd like

Kel Dor

Togruta

I'd like to see Legacy....limitations removed first of all...and non force sensitive(or lore limited) species restricted from force sensitive classes...and entirely implausible races restricted from each faction sith Jedi... chiss republic? /facepalm

then maybe a current gen character customization system after that...

then i guess I would like to see the voss become a neutral race to play. dunno after that. republic will need a unique race or 2 if Bioware ever gets their **** together and fixes the legacy crap.

It very much depends on if the Devs have taken into consideration the problem with the current species. Most of them are humans with various skin tons, tattoos or whereing eye coverings.

So to Add more near humans would seem a waist of time for everyone. As such I think they will go

Republic - Cathar

Imperial - Gran

For the Republic, Rodian, Cathar and Togurate. Republic are hurting we need three races to help. Roodian then later can become neutral. As for who want to be a Rodian, me, and they can speak Basic. Also their all over the Republic, you encounter Rodian Troopers, Smugglers, and SIS agents.

• 7 months later...
Me Id like to play as a Kel-Dor and Selkath, 1 because the voice would be interesting but as a must selkath shouldnt speak basic or at least use somesort of tech that translates into basic. I would love to play as Selkath inquisitor and a Keldor Trooper or Bounty hunter and maybe a Sith warrior. 1 more just for the fun of it a Jawa inquisitor or Jawa jedi knight it would be hillarious its as close as you would get to yoda and be even funnier to see a jawa kick a sith back side with 2 sabers or fry a bunch of troopers while wielding a double bladed saber. Edited by Khalidahm
forgot to add an idea

Me Id like to play as a Kel-Dor and Selkath, 1 because the voice would be interesting but as a must selkath shouldnt speak basic or at least use somesort of tech that translates into basic. I would love to play as Selkath inquisitor and a Keldor Trooper or Bounty hunter and maybe a Sith warrior. 1 more just for the fun of it a Jawa inquisitor or Jawa jedi knight it would be hillarious its as close as you would get to yoda and be even funnier to see a jawa kick a sith back side with 2 sabers or fry a bunch of troopers while wielding a double bladed saber.

Unfortunately if they made Selkath as Playable, then they will be speaking Basic as all Playable Species must be able to speak Basic.

Unfortunately if they made Selkath as Playable, then they will be speaking Basic as all Playable Species must be able to speak Basic.

This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.

This sounds like an assumption as I've never seen a dev say that. It would actually be somewhat easier to use 4 or 5 already recorded Selath phrases and make the player read. Also what I've always thought they should do for non-basic speaking races is give a toggle as to whether that toons speaks basic or speaks their native language (I'd like them to reverse this for some current races, Twliek for example).

That's all assuming we ever get a non-basic race, which is a giant if right now.

From what I know of twilek language it involves alot of lekku manipulation. Easiest would be Huttese, Id like to here the bounty hunter use more Mando'a pharses mixed in with English same with mixing abit of Zabraki or Chiss if your playing as one of them. If they were to implement using Huttese or Selkatha as a main language for a character maybe add afew more pre-recored voiced sentences cause Huttese gets reused alot in one convo.

• Dev Post

We probably would never make a non-English speaking player race. I know it seems attractive, but simply put, hearing alien for way too long drives you crazy. An early build of the game had Tython populated by a race other than Twi'leks, and after about the fourth quest, you want to put a fist through your monitor.

So any races we add in the future will need to plausibly be able to speak basic.

Togruta would be nice, but might be cumbersome.

What I'd really like to see are the Voss. Playable Voss with the Gormak as an alternate body type would be awesome. Maybe have them unlockable once the player's beaten chapter 3 on both sides of the conflict, or else with cartel coins... then no one could complain they made the planet Voss storyline awkward, since they've already played through it at least once.

Alternatively, Lepi. Sure they'd take all new models and everything, but let's be honest, everyone wants to play a Lepi smuggler.

I would like to see Wookie and Togorian, lets bring bigger aliens into the game, not the standard human model. But if you bring in the big races, people will want the small races too.

Edit: Would like to see T'landa Til in the game, not as a playable race, but maybe as NPC/questgivers kinda like the Hutts...they are related after all.

Edited by Braxxiss