Ship Pickup

Tashira

Ships can be landed planet-side? Didn't notice that option yesterday on Taris.

I say no to ship pick-up, but yes to bypass terminals in starport so you can just jump from one planet to the other. Instant travel to space port, terminal travel to next space port; no driving through the star port, no taking elevators, no running around the ship, no stupid space station... just point A to point B.

Riding in my ship was cool the first time or two, but now it's just a pain in the butt to go from planet to planet or fleet to planet. Terminal would work, and the RP "oh I loves to rides in my ships" crowd could still take the long way if they really wanted to.

Edited by bahdasz

So just get rid of ships all together and put all missions on one planet? (sarcasm).

Or make it realistic in when you get on your ship, it takes more than 5 seconds to go from any planet/system/station to another? in canon, it took several hours at least (if not more) to go from Tatooine to Alderaan, not 5 seconds.

Just how much do you want cut out of the game to make things go faster for you?

I would have no problem if this game had been designed to make it take months to get a character leveled to 50, instead of just a few days. Of course, I understand there are limitations to that (map sizes, server restrictions, etc.), but it would at least weed out those players looking for a quick "I Win" fix.

Slippy

I could not care less about your "canon". I am not Han Solo, I do not have to sit in the ship to travel. I am playing a game, I want to enjoy that experience, I do not enjoy all the crap I have to go through to get from one planet to another. Again, if you like it so much they can leave that option open to you, but for me they can remove ships altogether, they server no purpose anyway. Edited by bahdasz

I'd love a personal ship pass. Hell, I would pay Cartel Coins for a (permanent) ship pass. I don't care if it's on a six-hour timer with no way to shorten it or if it shares a cooldown with the Priority Transport stuff or costs me 1000 credits every time like the one-off Security Key fleet passes or whatever, I just want to be able to get back to my damn ship without going through five loading screens now and then.

Or they could put pazaak and swoop racing hubs and unique vendors with unique stims or something on the orbital stations so going through there every time is less utterly pointless and dull. I'd be ok with that too.

cant we just have at fleet a "shuttle or transport" with a choice to any of the planets. have it drop us off at the planet and not some station. just click on it and we are there. the same goes for the shuttle back. that way you can get on your ship if you want to or just by pass it and the stations.

this has to be one of the more time consuming mmos out there to travel unless you are doing dailies.

I could not care less about your "canon". I am not Han Solo, I do not have to sit in the ship to travel. I am playing a game, I want to enjoy that experience, I do not enjoy all the crap I have to go through to get from one planet to another. Again, if you like it so much they can leave that option open to you, but for me they can remove ships altogether, they server no purpose anyway.

I suggest you go play something else then. This game obviously is not for you

So this was suggested numerous times throughout beta and this is why we have the fleet pass in the first place. That was their solution to solving some of the quick travel issues.

Also with the spacestation thing, you are actually able to take the shuttle straight to your ship from the ground on all the planets I have seen, making you bypass the station altogether on your way off the planet. So yeah you see it as you land there, so it makes sense gameplay wise, that you aren't just magically on the ground with no spacedock planet side.

I would agree that it would be nice to have a ship pickup button, but honestly if you look at the cannon, you almost always had to land your ship at a spacestation or spaceport planet side, then travel where you wanted to go by speeder. You didn't just hop on your ship and fly to where you wanted to go. Everything in the game for the most part needs to stick with cannon and not break that or what is the point of playing? You are removing the star wars from the experience and then you might as well just strip everything else away.

As a matter of alleviating the stress of jumping through loading screens you got fleet pass. You also got the ability to quick travel to any location you have "discovered" these are both the products of beta testers pleading for something to make this a little better. I am actually happy with what we have now.

So this was suggested numerous times throughout beta and this is why we have the fleet pass in the first place. That was their solution to solving some of the quick travel issues.

They jacked that one all up by putting that ridiculous cd timer on it, so once again BW fail hugley on a "fix"

Off subject, I still can't figure out what it is with this game and re tardedly long cool downs. Seriously... why why why can you only unstick once every 3 minutes? If their terrain weren't all jacked up (or it didn't unstick onto a slope that slid you back into the spot where you got stuck in the first place before you can even react to avoid it) it would be one thing. I mean was there some huge problem with people unsticking themselves to godliness or something or is it just another way they thought it would be cute to annoy everyone? Cool down for rez? Seriously, that that I die that often, but on the rare occasion when I die more than once in an hour why do I have to wait forever to rez? G A Y, that's why.

OMGWTF FAIL!!!!111!! I HAVE TO WAIT????!!!!?????ONEONE11111ELEVEN???

srsly? This game - for those of you who don't seem to 'get it' - is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, not a glorified FPS. Hence the cut scenes. Role Playing =/= FPS - Role Playing = TIME CONSUMING.

The object of ROLE PLAYING is to immerse yourself into the world. NOT feed your ADD.

FFS even in WoW there is travel time, sometimes a lot of it. At least there was last time I played which was before the panda affair.

A game that tries to be everything - ends up being nothing.

There are far more serious issues here than having to wait 20 seconds to get somewhere.

Love this idea!

But it should have the option of having your ship shot down or locked to planet unless you slice few towers or something. What better extra mission than having to hunt a spare parts to your ship to make it fly again. Or even send companion to do this while u protect your ship.

Id like to take the moment to share my other ship related issues. Why do I have to fly to space every time I want to visit my ship? Id like to stay in spaceport till I desire to warmup the engines and go. Who is the ship captain really? I did not clear anyone to move it to the planet I toke shuttle to! Now would be fun to call companions to move it to another planet. Or if I'm stuck to a diffferent planet than my ship? Why not have a friend or my other character pick me up and give ride?

I could not care less about your "canon". I am not Han Solo, I do not have to sit in the ship to travel. I am playing a game, I want to enjoy that experience, I do not enjoy all the crap I have to go through to get from one planet to another. Again, if you like it so much they can leave that option open to you, but for me they can remove ships altogether, they server no purpose anyway.

I don't think this game is for you. Space is a big part of Star Wars, while the space features aren't that impressive atm I'm sure they will be improved in the future. Especially since the "super secret space project" is in the works which is most likely gonna be a massive expansion down the road. (Hopefully sooner than later)

I really want some customization to our ships too. Because they kinda feel like your house. The legacy perks to the ship is a start but they need to do more with them atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Many things disappoint me in SWTOR, im still somewhere near "just get 8x50 and unistall" but to often i catch myself to just willing install TSL again than actuallly log in swtor, but nevermind.

It generally bugged me that there was no "Ship pick up" clikie. It could even share a timer with fleet pass, after all there is no much difference in balance if i teleport straight to my ship or fleet and then 5 log screens. There is however difference in my patience and enjoyment from the game.

Maybe i not programist, but creating "fraighter pickup" dont seem to be beyond developers ability to code. A lot of copy paste from flee pass i suppose. Nothing stops from implementing this as classic feature.

But hell, why to care about option which would be useful and welcome, and will increase gameplay experience. Welcome to BioWEAre 2013. Its better to work more on some Cartel Pay to Win.