[Idea] Double Bladed lightsaber

Acharial

I always loved the double bladed lightsaber and with the arsenal of melee abillites we have as Juggernauts and Guardians I belive the choice to be able to equip a double bladed lightsaber should be there. I know assassin and Shadow have it but they have horrible looking moves with the saber and there are so few melee abillties for them to begin with.

What do you guys believe. I personally think it would fit Juggernauts and Guardians perfectly. :rod_grin_p:

if they scale it to be just as good as a single bladed saber i for one would love this idea because in every star wars game i had the option 2 i would never only stick with 1 lightsaber type i constally change it. I mean i have a assassin and the only melee movie i like is voltaic slash. Be cool to use the dbble bladded saber as a pure melee class

I think it could work for the Marauder/Sentinel classes. Give them the option for two blades or double blades.

This. If any SW/JK is going to be getting double-bladed lightsabers I'd much rather it be the Marauder/Sentinel just for the way they are played. Juggernaut/Guardians just seem to be perfect for single bladed weapons. Though if we got Double-Bladed weapons, we should at least be fair to the Assassins/Shadows and let them get the option of dual wielding.

I think it would work great in the Marauder class but at the same time you should be given the option to select it as a skill in the skill tree. This way you could use a single or double/two singles. I think if you have to spend skill points to get to it then people would think about what would be best for them and their play style. Personally I hate the double blade and I even hate using two blades but thats just my personal opinion. I am more of an at a distance fighter so the sorc, bh, and agent classes are my faves so the lightsaber discussion really wouldnt bother me.

This is ridiculous. The double-bladed saber has attacks specifically linked to it, as do the marauder and sentinel have attacks specifically linked to the fact that they will be double wielding. Not only do they lose the better attacks but they won't get any to replace them. Unless BW would effectively ruin the classes by mixing and matching attacks which, I don't see happening to be honest.

This is ridiculous. The double-bladed saber has attacks specifically linked to it, as do the marauder and sentinel have attacks specifically linked to the fact that they will be double wielding. Not only do they lose the better attacks but they won't get any to replace them. Unless BW would effectively ruin the classes by mixing and matching attacks which, I don't see happening to be honest.

How would it mess up the marauder and sentinel attacks. they both use two lightsabers which is essentially a non connected double-bladed saber. So why not allow the marauders and the sentinels the oportunity to switch between using 2 sabers or using one double saber

How would it mess up the marauder and sentinel attacks. they both use two lightsabers which is essentially a non connected double-bladed saber. So why not allow the marauders and the sentinels the oportunity to switch between using 2 sabers or using one double saber

Give a real good look at Kira's animations while she fights with a Twin blade and a single, yes the animations are the same. But it doesn't look right.

Juggs are modeled based on Vader, hence the single light saber, and heavy armor.

Assasins are modeled based on darth maul, hence the double bladed lightsaber, and the cool seethe animation.

Marauders are modeled based on asajj ventress with two sabers.

Sorcs are modeled based on palpatine, hence the emphasis on lightning spam.

IMO each class has access to the right weapon, and this makes each class feel unique.

This isn't the first time this idea has been presented. And it won't be the last. But I'm still against it. Warriors & Knights use single bladed sabers. Sometimes just one, sometimes two. But the single bladed sabers are the ones that I always associate with Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi or Darth Vader.

i wouldn't be against the idea but what i think they should do instead is make a warrior type of class that uses dbble saber and is mostly only melee attacks so we get a new story and the option to be a dbble bladed melee heavy class to make everyone happy:P Edited by Zaxem

• 2 weeks later...
This can easily be solved with the scaling of abillties changing when you equip a double bladed lightsaber though. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.

This can easily be solved by rolling an Assassin. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.

Edited by Arlanon

This can easily be solved by rolling an Assassin. It shouldn't be that hard to manage.

yes it would but i believe his point was he wanted a class or w/e that uses dbble bladed sabers that are melee heavy yes i know assassins are melee but they are more like 50% melee and 50% force when it comes to attacks and animations at least if you are madness or deception never played a tank sin