HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to say based on 21+ years of pvp in MMORPGs

Outlaws Den will be packed with greifer pk guilds the very day this goes live and anyone that doesnt accept that is lieing to themselves.

I'l have to agree with you there.

Bugs aside, there is nothing more annoying in an mmo then having to PVP in such a situation when you don't want to.

There is no way to prepare for this. For a hard more you gear up and find 3 others ready to go and without too much effort you should be able to do it. The people who just want the parts will go once, maybe help others a bit. But then there will the be the hoards of greifers there for hours on end just hoping for the thrill bullies get from beating up weaker kids for their lunch money.

WHen they start dropping Nightmare Pilgrim into Hutball randomly then you can complain about PvE in your PVP.

Edited by Evgen

I'l have to agree with you there.

Bugs aside, there is nothing more annoying in an mmo then having to PVP in such a situation when you don't want to.

There is no way to prepare for this. For a hard more you gear up and find 3 others ready to go and without too much effort you should be able to do it. The people who just want the parts will go once, maybe help others a bit. But then there will the be the hoards of greifers there for hours on end just hoping for the thrill bullies get from beating up weaker kids for their lunch money.

WHen they start dropping Nightmare Pilgrim into Hutball randomly then you can complain about PvE in your PVP.

SOunds kinda rad, actually. We are in dire need of more huttball maps.

This is not our fault.

I and many others wanted KOTOR III, but got stuck with an MMO and it's resultant baggage.

It is your fault. You bought an MMO. It was clearly labeled and sold as an MMO. The title is not KOTOR III. If you didnt want an MMO then dont purchase one.

Unfortunately that's all that's out there now, MMOs. (And the resultant baggage)

It's a cheap way to make a game when you rely on the players to make content instead of having to build an AI.

But SWTOR plays great as a single game it's just when I'm forced to deal with the griefers that it's bad.

And also when waiting for stuff to respawn because they weren't smart enough to instance everything.

Edited by Thlaylie

You are playing Star Wars... Galatic stuggle.... you know.....war?

you do know that in outlaws den faction doesn't matter right?

anyone not in your group is a potential enemy player...

so ya its just like star wars jedis killing jedis for fun and stuff

Note, firstly, the difference between scenarios, only one of which is actually "forcing" a certain aspect of gameplay onto the player. In your scenario, you are not only forced to enter a raid/group area, but are actually forced to kill enemies within that area.

In the actual scenario presented to us in the HK-51 quest, we are forced to enter a PvP-enabled zone, but at no point are we forced to participate in the killing of players, or the taking of PvP objectives. Thus, there is no PvP requirement.

Note, secondly, the ramifications of each scenario. If you are forced to raid, that means you are forced to gather not just a simple group of 4 players, but an entire raid in order to complete your objective. Whereas, not only is there no guarantee of finding players in the Outlaw's Den, but even if you were to meet other players, it may be a situation which you could handle solo, or in a very small group. There is a disproportionate burden placed on the individual player in one of these scenarios.

-Macheath.

You pvp players are going to ruin my pve experience by not agreeing to raid as part of the requirement to get hk, if i have to be your content during this event then why cant you participate in mine? Maybe i get my kicks by not healing pvp geared players in raids and watching them die until they rage quit? You don't even have to kill anything just die a few times so i can laugh at you. Sounds perfectly fair to me.

btw you missed the /sarcasm part

This is not our fault.

I and many others wanted KOTOR III, but got stuck with an MMO and it's resultant baggage.

Yes, a million times this!

It's always nice to see another KotOR fan. I swear some people who play this don't even know what KotOR is. I miss the old Bioware, man.

I think having a quest requirement to enter Outlaw's Den will add a little tension and talking point to the game which is a good thing.

However, on PVE servers, in order to be truly representative of an open PVP ethos, the Expertise attribute should be disabled in that zone. There are many people who chose these servers specifcally to avoid PVP and the least they deserve is a level-ish playing field.

Also, and I don't know if this has been previously covered, but players interacting with the vendor should be immune to knock-backs or become unattackable.

Other than that I think it will add some spice to the content.

You are playing Star Wars... Galatic stuggle.... you know.....war?

Yes, absolutely. To form a squad with my mates, or even with perfect strangers, and play against the game, is one of my great joys. I prefer joining people to work for a goal.

Just get it through your head that not everyone plays the same way you do. And --now, try very hard to understand this, because it's important-- just because I play differently to you and approach the game differently to you does not mean I'm Doing It Wrong.

Also, I have played many MMOs and I have never seen a PvE community so against PvP. .

I have played many MMOs and every one that has put predominantly pve content into pvp zones has gotten **** storms to the point of the developers moving it. I'm surprised you haven't seen this reaction before since this was the 100% predictable response to this quest. The hostility is going to get much worse when this goes live too. Quickest way to turn a community into two rabid warring camps is to put pve rewards in pvp zones.

The poster said that she didn't want to be other people's content. Thus if you group up with someone to do a flashpoint, you are still someone else's content.

And if she (?) doesn't want that, and feels the same way about FPs, she doesn't have to do any. And that's perfectly fine. She can make it all the way to 50 on her own terms and have a great time.

But the idea that if you're in an MMO, you have to go all adversarial because otherwise you're Doing It Wrong is muddle-headed and that needed pointing out.

Edited by vian

you do know that in outlaws den faction doesn't matter right?

anyone not in your group is a potential enemy player...

so ya its just like star wars jedis killing jedis for fun and stuff

Even better, we can weed out the traders.

Yes, absolutely. To form a squad with my mates, or even with perfect strangers, and play against the game, is one of my great joys. I prefer joining people to work for a goal.

Just get it through your head that not everyone plays the same way you do. And --now, try very hard to understand this, because it's important-- just because I play differently to you and approach the game differently to you does not mean I'm Doing It Wrong.

Get this through your head, Im not a PVP player. Now, try very hard to understand this, because its important, just because you want to play the game differently then it is designed does mean you are doing it wrong. If they design a quest to goto a pvp area or require a group... guess what, ************ on the forums instead of sucking up and getting it doen.... is doing it Wrong.

Get this through your head, Im not a PVP player. Now, try very hard to understand this, because its important, just because you want to play the game differently then it is designed does mean you are doing it wrong. If they design a quest to goto a pvp area or require a group... guess what, ************ on the forums instead of sucking up and getting it doen.... is doing it Wrong.

Gee, I guess those posts you made in the PvP thread were for someone else then. Either that, or contact customer service, quick - someone's duped your name. Go ahead - search, like I did, and find out.

And when you were saying that an MMO meant you had to PvP, that was, what? A thought experiment? I mean, given that you don't do it yourself.

Welcome to my Ignore list, you trolling piece of Pointless.

You don't want to enter a PvP zone? Really? Thay don't call it starWARS for nothing you know.

What I don't get though, is why people are afraid of getting ganked anyways. I mean, it's not like you lose all your stuff when you die, asfaik you don't lose anything, only thing that changes is that your gear takes a smidgen of a beating and it takes longer for you to call a med probe.

You people amuse, yet confuse me..

Gee, I guess those posts you made in the PvP thread were for someone else then. Either that, or contact customer service, quick - someone's duped your name. Go ahead - search, like I did, and find out.

And when you were saying that an MMO meant you had to PvP, that was, what? A thought experiment? I mean, given that you don't do it yourself.

Welcome to my Ignore list, you trolling piece of Pointless.

First learn how to comprehend a post. I never once said an MMO means you have to PVP. What I said was... and follow along now....

If a quest is designed to take you in a PVP zone, dont be surprised if you have to PVP. If a quest is designed to need a group then dont be surprised if you have to group.

Its not that hard. MMOs are alot of things but one thing they are not is SOLO ONLY.

Go ahead and ignore me. I dont care. I know that I will have HK51 in about 2 hours and you will be whining about it for 6 months before you realize it isnt going to change.

Edited by Soluss

What I don't get though, is why people are afraid of getting ganked anyways. I mean, it's not like you lose all your stuff when you die, asfaik you don't lose anything, only thing that changes is that your gear takes a smidgen of a beating and it takes longer for you to call a med probe.

You people amuse, yet confuse me..

Not even that, pvp deaths dont make you lose durability and you can't medprobe in the outlaws den.

Fact is I am going to be in the outlaws den appropriating slaughter and I don't even like PvP in Wzs. Im gonna take my crappy battlemaster gear that took me 4 weeks of 1 or 2 aggravating warzones a day to the zone and fight people.

Is it griefing? Maybe, but it sure as hell is working as intended.

Fact is if you don't want to die in the outlaws den for some reason, wait until super late at night, wait till next week, or just don't get hk-51. He isn't a requirement, he isn't necessary, and you might be able to buy him without the quest through the legacy panel. At least I heard you can for alts.

Unfortunately that's all that's out there now, MMOs. (And the resultant baggage)

It's a cheap way to make a game when you rely on the players to make content instead of having to build an AI.

But SWTOR plays great as a single game it's just when I'm forced to deal with the griefers that it's bad.

And also when waiting for stuff to respawn because they weren't smart enough to instance everything.

Have you ever played a MMO where everything is instanced? those are boring single player games posing as MMOs. When everything is instanced it basically makes it not an MMO, and turns it into a single player game which is exactly what you should be playing.

The poster said that she didn't want to be other people's content. Thus if you group up with someone to do a flashpoint, you are still someone else's content.

exactly. this gets more and more hilarious. I quit playing in january and only came back about 5 days ago but id keep reading forums to see whats going on. So far it seems that the people who are so called die hard fans are intent on killing the game / keeping the population down to nothing with their useless / ridiculous complaints.

if devs actually only cater to the whiners and complainers then...you can forget having anything useful and robust added to the game. its like they have to tip toe then check forums to see if the afk in fleet whiners who dont really play the game are satisfied.

You get an event..bam super complaint thread, but these people wont go play a standalone single player game. theyre intent on making this one single player. screw anyone who wants an mmo.

oh i have to go someone where besides a vendor on fleet to complete a quest? i'll cancel my sub, i'll not do the quest.

theres a plague. dont give it to me..ill cancel my sub. i wont play, ill stay logged out and stay on forums and continue to complain until the devs listen to only me and stop the event.

heh what a sad sack of people..cant even call them players..they arent.