Collectors edition vendor

belizar

I went to the Cantina Tour in London and they said there would be a new item in the CE Store soon; they couldnt remember if it was the next patch or one after; they didn't elude to what it was, they did however say it's hard to do stuff for that vendor because it would need to be usable by any class so 1 type isn't being favoured.

Damien said he was well aware of what was promised and it's importance and the CE Vendor would get some focus in time, but like I say he only mentioned a small update Soon

Hopefull 1.7 will have an update. It would be the best time to do it! However... it better not be just a modified version of that new pet coming out >_>

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Cantina Tour in London and they said there would be a new item in the CE Store soon; they couldnt remember if it was the next patch or one after; they didn't elude to what it was, they did however say it's hard to do stuff for that vendor because it would need to be usable by any class so 1 type isn't being favoured.

Damien said he was well aware of what was promised and it's importance and the CE Vendor would get some focus in time, but like I say he only mentioned a small update Soon

It's hard to make adaptive gear? Seems like the Cartel Market has plenty of them.

It's hard to make exclusive pets? Seems like the Cartel Market has plenty of them.

It's hard to make exclusive mounts? Seems like the Cartel Market has plenty of them.

It sounds to me like you got BioPR'ed. I appreciate hearing something at least, but really... It's amazing that they can sit there and say that while items on the CM are being pumped out. (even if half of them are recolored skins.)

Yup, and their were like 6 different versions. Yay ._.

4 With same model, different skin (Taun Fawn, Taunlet, Taunling, Taunta).

1 with unique model (Tauntaun Ram) - The one Almost everyone got.

Edited by Aelther

You know what would be an excellent way to "update" the CE vendor without having to actually do anything significant?

Just update him (or add a new vendor) which lets you buy the rewards from past world events, for credits (Either a small amount of credits and BoA, or a larger amount of credits and BoE). It certainly wouldn't be ideal, but at least they have all the assets there, and it would make the CE vendor feel a little more useful/worthwhile.

well, digital deluxe and Collectors Edition is the same thing minus the physical items, and the CE store.

ONLY the CE store and its contents were advertised as exclusive. The problem is, that the CE store and it's exclusive contents were also advertised as "regularly updating". Even the physical items in the CE package were NOT advertised as exclusives (though the statue is limited, but we don't know what the exact limitation is).

Bioware could very well decide to re-release the exact artbook found in the CE, and they wouldn't be in breach of contract. Releasing items from the CE store to other players however, would mean breach of contract. As would not releasing anymore CE exclusive updates within the CE exclusive store, since one single update simply doesn't qualify as "regular updating".

VIP Lounge access wasn't advertised as exclusive either. And the VIP vendor also wasn't advertised as exclusive.

Digital Deluxe benefits also weren't advertised as exclusives.

Similar items does NOT mean the same thing as Identical Items however.

And there are very few things advertised as exclusive. Item A from some list being advertised as exclusive doesn't imply that item B from that same list would be exclusive as well. It's a marketing trick, the mind likes to read that the exclusivity applies to item B as well, but it doesn't.

I sent an enquiry to Trading Standards in the UK and got this reponse

We understand from your email that you have not received updates to a game you purchased and would like to know what your rights may be.

Based on the information you have provided the key legal points in response to your enquiry are:

If you can provide reasonable argument that you only purchased the goods because of the promised updates, and if the trader has failed to provide the updates, you may be able to hold the trader you purchased from in breach of contract and claim damages incurred as a result of the breach.

You should read the terms and conditions of the provision of the updates, and if you establish that you have not been provided with the updates within the time frame stated in the terms and conditions, you should discuss the matter further with the trader, with reference to the above information, as it is always advisable to try to negotiate an outcome that is acceptable to yourself and the trader before taking any further steps. However if you are unable to reach an amicable compromise you should formalise your complaint by sending the trader a letter in the post by recorded delivery. The letter should outline any relevant events regarding this issue and make it clear what you expect from the trader and why. It should also give the trader a reasonable timeframe in which to respond to your claim(s), we would suggest 14 days. If the trader does not respond to this letter with a satisfactory remedy you should send the trader one more recorded delivery letter. This time giving the trader 7 days in which to respond, making it clear to the trader that this is your final letter before taking further action. You should keep copies of all letters sent.

Template letters can be found at: http://Http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_taking_action_e/consumer_making_a_complaint_e/consumer_sample_letters_e/list_of_sample_letters.htm (if the link does not work when you click it, please copy and paste it into your browser address bar). Although there are no sample letters directly relevant to your circumstances, they give an idea of how your letter should be set out.

When using the template letters it is important that you follow the online instructions carefully. In addition, once the letter has been generated it may also need further editing, in order to make it clear to the trader what the nature of your complaint is.

The reason we ask you to send mail by recorded delivery is that this may help you prove that you have contacted the trader and tried to resolve the matter amicably, you can also use the ‘Recorded Signed For’ label the post office will supply you with to confirm that the trader has received the letter. In our experience, this is the best way to proceed before you escalate your claim with the appropriate independent body i.e. Ombudsman scheme, Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme (A.D.R) or even a civil court.

Misleading advertising, sales promotions and direct marketing in the UK are also regulated by the Advertising Standards Authority, as such you may also want to report this matter to them for their investigation. You can contact them on 020 7492 2222.

Could you please supply us with an address for the trader you purchased the game from so that we can add this to the case notes? Thank you.

If you require any further civil advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate to contact the Citizens Advice consumer service by return email or on 08454 04 05 06 quoting the case reference number.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Now what I can't figure out is the terms and agreement of the CE Vendor as I don't remember seeing any for it. So any help finding them or if there were any would help to move this forward.

It doesn't seem to me like there even was any terms of agreement for a ce vendor. Only for the whole game. :l

There was no time frame for updates specified but there must be some general laws. One year without updates is totally unreasonable in an online game which might not even be alive anymore next year.

Like there are people who were awarded damages for having to wait several years for their trials even though there is no specified time frame during which the trial must occur. The keyword in the ECHR is "reasonable" (if i remember properly) where it speaks about the amount of time of having to await a trial.

Look up the the laws on services, maybe there is a specified time frame during which the paid service has to happen if the time was not specified during the purchase/payment?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I sent a PM to JovethGonzalez to let him know that I made an official complaint and wanted an answer either from him or the devs to sort it out.

I also forward a link to the site that both announced the pre-order of the CE and the inside look of the CE. I also forwarded the TOR ToS from the site. I am waiting for answer from Trading Standards. I also pointed out how EA got done for promising those that pre-ordered BF3 on the PS3 would get a free copy of BF1943 and they never got it and had to put forward a class action law suit to get what they had paid for.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ea-sued-over-battlefield-ps3-promotion-report-6346417

I will keep people updated.

I sent a PM to JovethGonzalez to let him know that I made an official complaint and wanted an answer either from him or the devs to sort it out.

I also forward a link to the site that both announced the pre-order of the CE and the inside look of the CE. I also forwarded the TOR ToS from the site. I am waiting for answer from Trading Standards. I also pointed out how EA got done for promising those that pre-ordered BF3 on the PS3 would get a free copy of BF1943 and they never got it and had to put forward a class action law suit to get what they had paid for.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ea-sued-over-battlefield-ps3-promotion-report-6346417

Outstanding work friend, keep us posted by all means. Care to post the various letters and links you have submitted?

you have inspired me.

Outstanding work friend, keep us posted by all means. Care to post the various letters and links you have submitted?

Pre-order Link - http://www.swtor.com/info/news/press-release/20110722

News Article showing the CE - http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20111021

ToS - http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

Legal Notices - http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/euala

EA UK Address - UK

Onslow House,

Onslow Street

Guildford

Surrey

GU1 4TN

United Kingdom

Phone

01932 450000

I forwarded all that info and am waiting to hear back on what to do. I think they want me to send a letter and to prove that I tried to contact them to solve it. Which I will get around to doing ASAP.