Revan vs Starkiller

epicfear

First off, we have revan, who is held up by many fans as being the best of all characters in the expanded universe ever.

but on the other hand, we have starkiller, who can fling stormtroopers around like paper in the wind, lightning the everloving crap out of almost anything, and is extremely agile to boot.

it is in my opinion, then, that should they ever fight, the omniverse would implode out of sheer awesomeness.

Ok, let's see this in terms of a few things.

Force Lightning

Starkiller: Charged engines of downed starcraft to mow through trash on Raxus Prime and killed some trash mobs (Stormtroopers).

Revan: Killed dozens of savage Rakata with a Force Storm

Offensively, I'd say Starkiller can put out more juice. May work against him if Revan absorbs it, amplifies it, and shoots it back at him.

Force Knowledge/Techniques

Starkiller: Minimal knowledge and overall techniques. Mainly TK and Lightning and relies on brute force.

Revan: Greater knowledge of Jedi and Sith techniques and can combine both aspects of Light and Dark to unleash explosive bursts of Pure Force Energy.

Overall, Starkiller may have a touch more raw power, but that minimal gap is quickly closed and exceeded by Revan's far greater understanding of the Force and ability to use more powers and techniques than Starkiller has ever seen, limiting his ability to defend himself against Revan's offensive.

Lightsaber Skill

Starkiller: Taught by Darth Vader, potentially one of the strongest users of Djem So in the Order's history, yet seems more adept in using Juyo due to his speed over Vader's lesser mobility.

Revan: Far as can be told, mastered all seven lightsaber forms and was considered the greatest warrior in the galaxy during that era.

Overall, Revan has both skill and experience. Beating Shaak-Ti doesn't amount to much. She was never said to be one of the most skilled Jedi, just smarter than a number of her peers.

Hatred

Starkiller: Hates Vader for betraying him and the Emperor for having used him. Hates them more for seemingly having killed Juno. Hates Vader for killing his father, but mostly hates him more for becoming like a father figure to him and then stabbing him in the back (Literally).

Revan: Hates the Sith. Moreover, he hates the Sith Emperor, Vitiate, more than anything else and 300yrs of having his mind ravaged and tortured has turned that hatred into a cold, unyielding desire to wipe out the Sith (species) from the face of the galaxy and destroy an Empire by any means necessary.

Gotta say, a guy who's been conscious for over three centuries and having to endure constant mental torture has more reason to hate than an angsty 20yr old with parenting issues. Not to put down Starkiller. I honestly enjoyed TFU games (and yes, I did read the novel).

Ok, let's see this in terms of a few things.

Force Lightning

Starkiller: Charged engines of downed starcraft to mow through trash on Raxus Prime and killed some trash mobs (Stormtroopers).

Revan: Killed dozens of savage Rakata with a Force Storm

Offensively, I'd say Starkiller can put out more juice. May work against him if Revan absorbs it, amplifies it, and shoots it back at him.

Starkiller's lightning also powered a Frigates main cannon with enough power to destroy a large Star Cruiser(in the game at least) and could also disintegrate most enemies(Again in the game)

Force Knowledge/Techniques

Starkiller: Minimal knowledge and overall techniques. Mainly TK and Lightning and relies on brute force.

Revan: Greater knowledge of Jedi and Sith techniques and can combine both aspects of Light and Dark to unleash explosive bursts of Pure Force Energy.

Overall, Starkiller may have a touch more raw power, but that minimal gap is quickly closed and exceeded by Revan's far greater understanding of the Force and ability to use more powers and techniques than Starkiller has ever seen, limiting his ability to defend himself against Revan's offensive.

Lightsaber Skill

Starkiller: Taught by Darth Vader, potentially one of the strongest users of Djem So in the Order's history, yet seems more adept in using Juyo due to his speed over Vader's lesser mobility.

Revan: Far as can be told, mastered all seven lightsaber forms and was considered the greatest warrior in the galaxy during that era.

Overall, Revan has both skill and experience. Beating Shaak-Ti doesn't amount to much. She was never said to be one of the most skilled Jedi, just smarter than a number of her peers.

Starkiller seemed skilled enough to hassle Vader for quite some time. Something Revan could not do.

Hatred

Starkiller: Hates Vader for betraying him and the Emperor for having used him. Hates them more for seemingly having killed Juno. Hates Vader for killing his father, but mostly hates him more for becoming like a father figure to him and then stabbing him in the back (Literally).

Revan: Hates the Sith. Moreover, he hates the Sith Emperor, Vitiate, more than anything else and 300yrs of having his mind ravaged and tortured has turned that hatred into a cold, unyielding desire to wipe out the Sith (species) from the face of the galaxy and destroy an Empire by any means necessary.

Gotta say, a guy who's been conscious for over three centuries and having to endure constant mental torture has more reason to hate than an angsty 20yr old with parenting issues. Not to put down Starkiller. I honestly enjoyed TFU games (and yes, I did read the novel).

Just made a few points to help Starkiller out. been awhile since I played the games or read the novels.

Edited by Aurbere

Starkiller's lightning also powered a Frigates main cannon with enough power to destroy a large Star Cruiser(in the game at least) and could also disintegrate most enemies(Again in the game)

In Game Revan was essentially an unstoppable Force God. That's what games do. Make you a pretty much unkillable, unstoppable uber-bad***. And Revan waded through oceans of super droids and Dark Jedi and put the smack down on Malak who was juiced up on the Star Forge running at 300% capacity and the Force Power of a dozen captured Jedi.

Starkiller seemed skilled enough to hassle Vader for quite some time. Something Revan could not do.

That's only cause Revan never met Vader. And we've done the Revan v. Vader debate. I can pretty much sum it all up as a joke. Allow me to proceed *ahem*

Revan: *lops off Vader's left arm* Now stand aside, worthy adversary.

Vader: 'Tis but a scratch!

Revan: A scratch?! Your arms' off!

Vader: No it isn't.

Revan: Well what's that then?

Vader: ...I've had worse.

Revan: You Lie!

Vader: C'mon ya pansy!

*fight continues, Vader charges and Revan takes his right arm off*

Revan: Victory is mine! *turns away and prays* We thank the Dark Lord for thy-

Vader: *kicks'im in the head* C'mon then! *kicks* Have at you!

Revan: You are indeed brave, sir Vader, but the fight is mine.

Vader: Oh had enough, ay?

Revan: Look ya stupid bastard you've got no arms left!

Vader: Yes I have!

Revan: LOOK!!

Vader: ...It's just a flesh wound. *kicks at*

Revan: Stop that!

Vader: Chicken! Chickennn! *kicks*

Revan: I'll have your leg!

Vader: *kicks again*

Revan: Right! *chops off right leg*

Vader: Christ! I'll do you for that!

Revan: You'll what?!

Vader: C'mere!

Revan: What're ya gonna do?! Shoot sparks at me?

Vader: I'm INVINCIBLE!!!

Revan: You're a looney.

Vader: Darth Vader always triumphs! Have at you! C'mon then!

Revan: *huffs, cuts off remaining leg*

Vader: *looks to right side, then left, then looks up* Alright. We'll call it a draw.

Revan: *sigh* Come patsy.

Malak: Yes, mastah. *clip-clop clip-clop*

Revan&Malak walk away

Vader: Oh I see. Ya runnin away eh?! You yellow...bastards! Come back here and take what's comin to ya! I'll bite yer legs off!!

But there is one fatal flaw in that argument of revan vs vader: Vader has no way to bite revan's legs off!

also, please dont let this dissolve into revan vs vader, this is about revan vs vader's apprentice.

who, as his games have shown, has excellent aim with cruisers.

In Game Revan was essentially an unstoppable Force God. That's what games do. Make you a pretty much unkillable, unstoppable uber-bad***. And Revan waded through oceans of super droids and Dark Jedi and put the smack down on Malak who was juiced up on the Star Forge running at 300% capacity and the Force Power of a dozen captured Jedi.

That's only cause Revan never met Vader. And we've done the Revan v. Vader debate. I can pretty much sum it all up as a joke. Allow me to proceed *ahem*

I lol'd pretty hard at that. As for this match up I dunno, normally I'd say raw power doesnt match experience but when your throwing cruisers and tie fighters around..

I lol'd pretty hard at that. As for this match up I dunno, normally I'd say raw power doesnt match experience but when your throwing cruisers and tie fighters around..

He never actually lifted the starcruiser. he directed it.

Dont you dare bring lucas into this, this is pure fanwar, offical statements have no place here.

well, at least thats how it works in other revan vs whoever threads.

but still, what would you prefer? mastery of most force and lightsaber techniques, or unparralleled raw force power, impressive aim with star cruisers, and the ability to drop kick stormtroopers?

Revan vs. Starkiller would probably end in a draw when somebody else kidnaps either Bastila or Starkiller's girl (most likely both girls would get kidnapped, which seems to be a running theme for those two), they would probably team up and kill the individual responsible for the kidnapping.

I really don't think a Revan vs Starkiller fight would actually end up with a victor.

Starkiller is quite possibly the only character invented in the EU, specifically for a graphics engine. He has zero basis for the majority of his strength and is in general, non-canon. He's a joke.

Starkillers Canon.

Aren't those changes canon if lucas says they are?

and why do you hate starkiller? what did he ever do to upset you? Im sorry that the expanded universe changed in a way you might not have liked. i am truly sorry if that drives you to hate characters.

And yes, i have seen monty python and the holy grail. i love that movie. I simply wondered why that argument was never made to the black knight. Probably because it was too sensible.

First lets get this straight. Starkiller is over-rated and terrible character from a terrible game series period.

What did Starkiller accomplish? Absolutely nothing. He didn't conquer or save a galaxy. He wasn't a hero. He was a apprentice to Vader and was tricked into bringing the republci together, it wasn't his idea. He was just looking to be with Juno Eclipse.

Revan. Saved the galaxy a few times:

- Defeated Mandalorians invasion

- Defeated his Sith Empire that he built himself in the Republic space

- He slowed down the true Sith invasion of Republic for long time

- Revan master both light and darkside.

- He Ruled as a leader of the Sith empire

- Sith Emperor thought alot of him to enforce him to take over republic space.

- He was tactical general for the republic

- He made Jedi master

- He got the girl at the end

Starkiller

- Lapdog who followed whatever Vader told him for most part. Only when Vader turned on him trying to kill him that he got a mind of his own.

He was killed in the first game trying to kill Sidious and Vader. Yes he died a failure. Yet Republic thought he was inspiration? Stupid, wasn't his idea it was Sidious trying to draw out republic.

- Starkiller never had purpose and not did anything to improve the galaxy. Nothing memorable about him.

- His only stardom or fame was the outrageous force powers put in the force unleashed games although they destroyed canon and Vader's legacy. Throw out the door that Anakin had potential to be the most powerful and throw out mid-chorlians when Starkiller is owning Vader.

Please put one good thing Starkiller did for the galaxy? Name one thing other than false inspiration not of his making?

Revan saved galaxy multiple times and came from a great game series that brought something good to canon of star wars and not destroy it like starkiller. Big difference between the two. Revan showed his potential and actually did stuff like create a sith empire, save galaxy multiple times and actually got the gir at the end of the game.

Revan wasn't a stalker like Starkiller either. Because TFU2 had clone and he wasn't original Starkiller. .

Ok...not sure how game mechanics destroyed lore, but if you wanna go that way then the Kotor games destroyed lore too seeing as you could have whatever force power your heart desired and then spam them all the time. Same with the JK series....so, not sure how game mechanics destroy lore...they are there to have fun.

But no Galen isn't overrated, don't see why people are saying as such there are actual characters however that are actually overrated. IE: Revan for example, and another being Kyle(I guess he is more due to jokes though..does get tiring after awhile however...).

He isn't a terrible character either, thats your opinion not a fact just like everything else in media.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi